2 receptions

Discussion in 'Disney Weddings and Honeymoons' started by Disneygirl0259, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Disneygirl0259

Disneygirl0259 Mouseketeer

Ok so If me and my fiance decide to get married with Disney then we will probably end up going with a Wishes wedding. Now that can cost a lot of money although we are willing to pay that... Both of our families do not live in Florida we live in Arizona so not many people would show up...but I dont know if I should have my wedding in Disney and then have a reception back home which will be even more money! I can be stubborn at times and I think I would only want to do the Wishes wedding with Disney and then have a reception back home....But im not sure what I should do?

HELP!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mmmsarah3

mmmsarah3 Mouseketeer

Have you looked into escape weddings? That might be better for your situation, if not that many people can come. That is what we are doing. We are having a dinner after our ceremony at 1900 Park Fare (so it is kind of like a mini reception) and then a big reception when we get home.

4. orangetiggs

orangetiggs Married my sweetheart in DISNEY!!!!!

we are having a wishes wedding and then a reception back home in the uk but we are not having anything big at home as we would have spent a lot in disney.

5. DisneyFairy19

DisneyFairy19 Disney Bride 10-4-08!!! Annual Passholder!!! Been

Many people do 2 receptions... My cousin and his wife got married in Hawaii and alot of the family wasnt able to go, so when they got home from their honeymoon they had a family reception...

6. JJClemson

JJClemson DIS Veteran

We're actually having 3 receptions. None of our family is in Florida either. We invited 75 people, and 60 came :thumbsup2 The week after the Disney wedding, we had a reception in my hometown of NJ, where another 60 showed up. This was more a garden party only w/ appetizers, open bar, and cake. We only had a pianist so we saved a lot of money by not having a DJ, and we didn't have photography, floral, etc. We're having another at-home reception at DH's parents' lake house in Sept. which happens to be in our college town. This will be mainly for our college friends.. Very informal, catered BBQ w/ kegs. Not costing a lot of $$ at all. Good luck :)

7. Disneygirl0259

Disneygirl0259 Mouseketeer

Thank you all everyone for the advice

Lol i needed it