2 questions from a newbie! January crowds and b-day at the park!

AbigailsMomSarah

Earning My Ears
My sons birthday is Dec 16 and my daughters is January 3. We are planning a trip to DL sometime in early January and would like to go on a Tuesday and Wed, maybe the 9 and 10th.

Is there anything special we can do if we are not actually there on her birthday, but are still there pretty close and for a birthday celebration trip?

Also, do you think we should expect big post Christmas crowds this time of year?

Thank you!
Sarah

Be sure to pick up a birthday button at CityHall. Even if it's not the actual day...DL, will I'm sure, be happy to help with the celebrations.

Actually, at City Hall it is a birthday sticker. Unless you are staying at one of the Disneyland hotels then you get an actual button. You need to inquire at the front desk. You do not need to "prove" it is your birthday. Also at city hall they have a birthday message from Goofy that your child can listen to at any time.

If you do a search on these boards it will give you other ideas. They do a birthday party each afternoon at Plaza Inn. I think it is $10 a person.

You can also get a stack of tortillas from Mission Toritilla factory.

As far as your dates in January. I am pretty sure that it will calm down after the holiday. The best judge of crowds is to go to Disneylands website and see what hours are planned for that day. The longer the hours, the more crowded they predict it will be that day. T/W are pretty slow days too.

Good luck- it sounds like a lot of fun!

We did the birthday party at the Plaza Inn. Soooo cute. Only $10 a person and totally worth it. You get to decorate your own cakes and there is a very entertaining host named Pat E. Cake I think. Mickey and Minnie also come. It's about 45 minutes long.

We also had a birthday breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen. We bought the birthday bucket that was neat. The bag is also cute. They really make you feel special there on your birthday. My DD loved it.

I would guess that early Jan and mid-week should not be crowded at all. Have a great trip and fun planning.

One caution though, schedule the trip early in the month as a bunch of rides will be down in the 2nd half of the month. Small World, Haunted Mansion & Matterhorn to name a couple.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter