2 part question OBC w/disney visa

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Dznypal, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Dznypal

Dznypal DIS Veteran

a few months back I paid our deposit for our aug cruise

we have 2 different disney visa and I split the deposit and put half the deposit on each card--

now I did use the disney visa for the deposit (and the upcoming full payment)

so first is disney still giving an OBC with the disney visa

and second did I screw it up by using 2 different disney visa or doesnt that matter as long as its on disney visa

hope this makes sense

thanks all

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. s232271

s232271 Mouseketeer

I had to use two different card numbers because mine got stolen recently and I had no prob getting obc but I had to call and ask for it to be applied to my reservations.

4. Dznypal

Dznypal DIS Veteran

thanks Ill make sure to do that

5. su_A_ve

su_A_ve DIS Veteran

The $50 DVR OBC is valid if:

* You are not using any other booking discount code (KSF, MIL, FLR, etc)
    * The full payment is in the form of DVR, Disney Rewards, or Disney Gift Cards

It is not valid when doing on board booking (as this is actually a booking code) but it is valid when doing *GT rates - these do not require a booking code and hence are valid. Also, they are valid when used with the online booking OBC (if they have it - not now AFAIK)

Also, note that in order to get the 6 months no interest offer, you need to pay a minimum amount (I believe it is $200).

6. staley98

staley98 The Mouse makes me feel like a little girl again!

What are GT rates?

7. s232271

s232271 Mouseketeer

Guaranteed rates

8. lanejudy

lanejudy Moderator Moderator

Um, no not really...

*GT rates (IGT, OGT, VGT) are highly discounted rates and include many restrictions (new booking only, PIF at time of booking, no changes/adding or removing passengers, etc.). These rates may appear after the PIF date (so about 2 months or so before sail date), but may not; it's one of DCL's ways of filling the ships. IGT is guaranteed an interior stateroom or higher category, OGT is guaranteed at least an oceanview stateroom or higher and VGT is guaranteed a verandah stateroom or higher.

9. s232271

s232271 Mouseketeer

I guess I was thinking of GTY rates not the deeply discounted ones , my bad

10. lanejudy

lanejudy Moderator Moderator

No problem, just didn't want someone else to be confused. Actually, the "guarantee" of either the GTY or the *GT pertains to the minimum category and not the rate. All rates are locked (or guaranteed if you prefer) once you book, unless you make a change and even then you have locked in the rates from the day you booked. Your fare will not change except in relation to port fees and taxes which DCL has no control over.