2 of 3 can make it to reservation in time....

melanielll

DIS Veteran
What is the policy if part of your party is on time? We have one reservation that 2 of us will definitely be there in time for. My husband will be cutting it close. Can we go in and order for him and have him join us?

Thanks.

Usually they like you all together to seat you, but you certainly may ask. I would check in and let them know...

I know they usually ask if your entire party is there before checking in, so you may have an issue. You would have no problem checking 2 of you in and the 3rd not showing up though. You could try to explain the situation and see if they'll make an exception, but I wouldn't assume it will happen. Is there any way you can move your time a bit later and then you won't have to worry about it?

I don't think we're going to be able to move the reservation or the fast pass. I guess he's going to have to sprint or watch us eating through the window. He's got an hour to get from Star Tours to BOG. Plus - the unofficial 15 minute grace period. We are going to have a car, and we are staying at The Contemporary - so he can park close to the park. He's a runner - so that should help.

I think he should just ditch the fast pass, but he gets weird about seeing all variations of that ride. Oh well - it could turn into the best story from the trip.

Usually DW restaurants will not seat you unless everyone is there because seating partial parties extends the time a party will occupy a table and slow down turnover. In many cases they will not even check in a party until everyone is there. Since he might be late because he is choosing to ride Star Tours over in DHS you might have to eat without him. As long as it is not a buffet or AYCTE family style restaurant you could order something for him and have it packed to go.

The 15 minute grace period is at the discretion of the restaurant because there is no official policy so check with the host/hostess before assuming that it will be honored. This is especially important if you are going at a busy time or to a very popular restaurant.

I don't think we're going to be able to move the reservation or the fast pass. I guess he's going to have to sprint or watch us eating through the window. He's got an hour to get from Star Tours to BOG. Plus - the unofficial 15 minute grace period. We are going to have a car, and we are staying at The Contemporary - so he can park close to the park. He's a runner - so that should help.

I think he should just ditch the fast pass, but he gets weird about seeing all variations of that ride. Oh well - it could turn into the best story from the trip.

He will need to be QUICK! If the FP line is slow, he may run late. As to the 15 minute grace period, it si not official, but is a courtesy that a restaurant may choose to allow. BOG dinner is way different than breakfast or lunch, so I woud not count on that courtesy. YUou may get it, but there is no gaurantee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter