2 misc questions...... one priceline-related

Steve P

Mouseketeer
1. In the maingate area west of 192, a hotel that used to be Doubletree Orlando, resort and conf center has chg'd hands IIRC. What is it now, and has it improved/uninproved?

2. Unrelated Q: I got the Dolphin thru priceline. I called the
reservations dept at the hotel to confirm ressie and tried to attach a request for close to pool, fireworks view, etc. The reservationist told me that she cannot attach any special room requests on a priceline deal. Is it pot luck @ check in or can you make a request then? I plan on an early check in on a Saturday. Thx.

I believe you are referring to the hotel that is now called Renaissance Worldgate (a Marriot hotel). I've read nothing but good reviews of it and will be staying there myself on a priceline deal for the end of October. It seems to be a fairly frequent winner on priceline; see this site for more info: http://pub109.ezboard.com/bpricelineandexpediabidding

I would try making another request when you check-in. I had some problems with my priceline deal initially and the Marriott reps I talked to didn't even realize it was priceline until the end of our conversation. So, you might get lucky and the person at the desk might not even see this notation. A good recommendation I read somewhere is to give your requests in order from most important to least important and try not to make TOO many. Be nice when asking and understand that if you don't get exactly what you want, you ARE still getting it cheaper than most people staying there are!

Good luck and have a great vacation! :jester:

thanks, I've subsequently researched and found it to be indeed, RW. We stayed there a long time ago, glad to hear it's still a
"goodie."

thx for the prcieline info too.

Regarding room requests at dolphin
1) be sure to sign up for starwood membership asap
2) a few days before you go, fax your request to the front desk

I have found that sometimes when I call they actually route you to reservation that may or may not be at the hotel
Good Luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter