2 kids and 1 bed ????

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by BraveLittleToaster2, Feb 21, 2010.

1. BraveLittleToaster2

BraveLittleToaster2 Mouseketeer

For all those families of four out there....

Normally when we go to WDW my DH and myself have one bed and my DS who is the oldest takes the other and out youngest was ALWAYS in a pack N Play.

UNTIL NOW...Should I have my then 6 year old boy and 3 year old girl share the same bed?? It is a queen size. Should I get bed rails?? As my 3 year old is used to a toddler bed and I'm afraid she could fall out as she rolls around alot.

What do you do with sleeping arrangements with young children sharing a bed?

I'm just so worried about someone falling out etc...since they are not used to sharing.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. GaSleepingBeautyFan

GaSleepingBeautyFan DIS Veteran

I sleep with my DD and DH sleeps with DS on vacation.

We've always done it that way and it works fine.

4. AlexandAndysMom

AlexandAndysMom Mouseketeer

We have always split up when at a hotel. My DH sleeps with our oldest son and I sleep with the baby (who will be 3 on our next trip). We are so used to a king bed at home that we can't even sleep in a queen together...:rolleyes1

Honestly, it's whatever you are comfy with, you know? I would get the bed rail because the beds are up a little higher than normal beds, and it wil make you feel a little better with the little roller!

5. ColinCodyMom

ColinCodyMom DIS Veteran

Same here. DH has always slept with older DS and I have always slept with younger DS. That's what has worked best for us!! Good luck!

6. ginnymack

ginnymack Mouseketeer

We always traveled with a toddler sized air matress. You can find Disney themed beds at walmart for around $30. It is great for traveling to the grandparents or for sleepovers. It is very lightweight, and takes up very little space if you are careful about rolling out all of the air.

We recently upgraded to a little cot. It is super fast to set up (and break down) and my kids LOVE it. They because if the "sag" in the canvas, they stay nesteled in and are not likely to roll out. It includes a little sleeping bag and pillow. I think it will be one of the kid's carry on items on the plane! It is so nice for them to have their own place where ever we go. You can even practice at home before you go. Here is a link: http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/...l-Lounger-wRemovable-Slumber-Bag-Storage-Tote

I am so tired out after a day in the park I just want a whole bed all to myself! I am am taking one, putting hubby in another, kiddo on the daybed and one it the cot. Everyone has a space and can sleep in peace!

7. 4HOLIDAYS

4HOLIDAYS DIS Veteran

I am used to king bed so I prefer 1 adult and 1 kid per bed. Just more room and feel like I keep an eye on them a little better. For the 3 yr old you may still want abed rail.

8. cwt580

cwt580 DIS Veteran

tHATS WHAT WE USED TO DO...

now we take DD and she takes her friend and share it..........next it will be seperate rooms. man they sure do grow up fast!!!!!

9. dxander

dxander Mouseketeer

You can request bed rails at the hotel. I'd have the kiddos share a bed w/the bed rails.

10. PixieTopaz

PixieTopaz Mouseketeer

we bring a blow up mattress for one of the kids-they refuse to share:)

11. Tweedle

Tweedle Mouseketeer

My DS5 & DD3 have shared a bed w/o issues. If you are concerned, I would have you and your husband split up and each sleep with one - this would give you more room too!

12. EeyoreEma

EeyoreEma DIS Veteran

DH sleeps with ds and I sleep with dd, so far at least! I'm sure someday someone will end up on the couch/daybed.

13. fairestoneofall

fairestoneofall DIS Veteran

DD8 and DS5 normally share. you can request bed rails at the resort.

on our last trip, they had a bunk bed, so they each had their own space.

14. CLR4321

CLR4321 DIS Veteran

You know your kids best as far as if they would be ok with sharing a bed. If you aren't sure, I would just get the bed rails and put them in bed together. If one or both is waking up due to sharing a bed, I would have a back up plan. Maybe you could sleep with one kid and your DH can sleep with the other. Or your 6 year old may be ok even with sleeping on the floor. My DS who is 5 slept on the floor at Pop last time because he was kicking around so much, I couldn't sleep. DH and I can't sleep together in a full sized bed comfortably. I will be giving my DS the option to sleep on the floor again this coming trip. We are staying in a pirate room, so I am thinking we'll take one of the bedspreads and make a "pirate fort" for him to sleep in if he will go for that. Another option would be to bring a sleeping bag or inflatable bed for one of them to sleep in.

15. ElizabethG

ElizabethG When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me!

My DH and I split up for the first night because the kids wouldn't settle down. It was too much fun to share a bed. I slept with my DD4 who is also a roller. I woke up with her thigh accross my throat. She and my DS6 shared after that. They each fell out one time during the trip. They just climbed back into bed. Bedrails might be helpful.

16. jenjersnap

jenjersnap yadda yadda yadda

We split up too. I sleep with the youngest and the older two switch off using the "exciting" daybed. Next trip the youngest will also probably want to get into the rotation! I have in the past requested bed rails for one side of the bed and for the daybed.

17. ancestry

ancestry Trees Without Roots Fall Over

We also do what others have said. I usually sleep with DD and DH sleeps with DS. I prefer this because we have a king size bed at home and I have difficulties sleeping with DH in any bed that isn't a king (and even then some nights are challenging).

18. BraveLittleToaster2

BraveLittleToaster2 Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the responses. I never thought to split up.
    Guess I'll have to see how it goes....
    Thanks again!! :)

19. Haley/Hayden Mom

Haley/Hayden Mom Mouseketeer

Both our DD's share a queen sized bed all year long since both are not fans of sleeping in their beds alone. For us on trips they still even share. They are 10 and 5 now and the 10 yr old likes having her sister in the bed with her still for giggles and talks when it is bed time so we don't try and break the cycle on vacation.

20. bringmethathorizon

bringmethathorizon Mouseketeer

we have a ds and a dd .they are 8 years apart and the ds is the oldest.
    we found a princes air matteres? for dd to sleep on.now understand she was somewhere around 3/5 years old on the matteres.it fit just right between the wall and one of the beds in pop.mouse keeping would even make it up for her.
    we have used a fold up cot for her .the times we use it we where at ssr in 1br and in a studio.it fit fine in both.
    now members of dvc we try to find the resorts with the sleeper chair in the living room.
    you have got to love the 1 br villas.it helps you to still like the kids after the vacation.

21. blessedby3

blessedby3 Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my userna

We split up and each one takes a kid. We also have a king and when you only get a queen or a double at a hotel:scared1: that seems so small! On our next trip we will have a 1br at blt. It has a king size bed:banana: DH, baby and I will take that and put our other 2 girls on the pull out sofa, and ds on the pull out chair. Well, thats my plan!