2 day plan for MK

KrystalS

Earning My Ears
Would like input on my plan please. Particularly which rides to do which days to minimize running all over the park.

I have FP for Speedway, Buzz and Splash Mtn. Should I change speedway to Jungle Cruise? On my touring plan it seems like that has a long wait.
Day 1:
Arrive at RD - Tomorrowland and Adventureland
2 ride Space Mtn, 2 ride Astro Orbiter
Should I get FP for Space mountain or use for something else if we get there right at RD?
Buzz Lightyear - twice
Jungle Cruise
Pirates
Aladdin
Speedway FP 11:45
Monsters
1:10 Lunch - The Plaza
3:00 Parade
Carousel
People Mover
Tiki Room
Swiss Family Treehouse (if we have time and its not too hot, my kids are that interested in it)
4:40 - Splash Mtn FP

Day 2: Still need to make reservation for either lunch or dinner, we are planning to be at the park ALL day so not sure when to make reservation yet. Not sure my kids would like the food at Be Our Guest, but I would like to see the inside. Beauty and the Beast is my fave Disney movie.
Arrive at RD - Fantasyland and Frontierland
Pooh
Dumbo
Barnstormer
Meet Ariel
Journey of LM
Haunted Mansion
Prince Charming Carousel
Peter Pan FP 11:05
Philharmagic
Lunch
BTMR FP 3:30
Dinner
It's a small world
Enchanted tales with Belle
7DMT FP 7:25
Mad Tea Party
Electrical Parade
Wishes

Any input is appreciated! I can change any of my FP except 7DMT, so relieved I actually got one!

Myself, we're dividing it into two halves, so the first day we're doing Frontierland and Adventureland then the second day we're doing Fantasyland and Tomorrowland. You're really all over the place both days. You're going to lose a lot of time walking back and forth. Many will tell you not to FP+ Jungle Cruise, it just depends on your interests. I would do BTMR on your first day as your 3rd FP, and then FP Ariel on your 2nd day, for your 3rd FP+. If your daughter will not like the food at BoG then do NOT book the ADR no matter how much you want to see the inside. Instead, make sure you do Enchanted Tales and do a M&G with Belle and Gaston. If you go to HS, then go see the Beauty & The Beast show, hopefully those will give you your B&B fix :)

I'll show you my TP to give you an idea - our goal was to minimize walking all over the place, and when you see it mapped out, we've done a pretty good job. Despite going in busy season (July), we have fairly low wait times (nothing over 16 minutes on TP, most under 10) and will not have too much time wasted in walking from attraction to attraction.

Day 1:

Jungle Cruise
Main Street Vehicles (going up Main Street)
Family Magic Tour 10:00
Haunted Mansion FP+
Liberty Square Riverboat
Tom Sawyer Island (we will be eating a packed lunch on the island)
BTMR FP+
Magic Carpets FP+
Tiki Room
FoF - we will be watching from Frontierland
Splash Mountain FP+
Meet Jesse & Woody
Country Bear Jamboree
Railroad (we'll catch the train at Frontierland and like ride it all the way around before getting off at Main Street for our exit)

Day 2:

Astro Orbiter
Monster Inc.
Tomorrowland Speedway
Mad Tea Party
Enchanted Tales FP+
Under the Sea
SDMT FP+
Small World

We're then taking a break for the afternoon.

Bibbiddi Bobbidi Boutique 5:00
Prince Charming Carosel
A&E FP+
ADR Cinderella's Royal Table 6:50
PhilharMagic
Peter Pans' Flight FP+
MSEP
Wishes

I was trying to separate Tomorrowland and Fantasyland to make better use of our FP but maybe that's not the best strategy?
We would do everything in Adventureland together but we want to do Splash Mountain last because we don't want to be walking around wet and we are leaving right after that.
I always feel like leaving for the afternoon takes up so much time but we may end up doing that on the day we are planning MSEP and Wishes, we would have to be back in time for our 7DMT FP.

I was trying to separate Tomorrowland and Fantasyland to make better use of our FP but maybe that's not the best strategy?
We would do everything in Adventureland together but we want to do Splash Mountain last because we don't want to be walking around wet and we are leaving right after that.
I always feel like leaving for the afternoon takes up so much time but we may end up doing that on the day we are planning MSEP and Wishes, we would have to be back in time for our 7DMT FP.

Whether or not it's a good strategy, largely depends on your goal :) If your goal is to minimize walking etc... then it's not the best strategy. But, if your main goal is to maximize FP, then... that works. Though I think honestly, you'd make better use of it the other way.

You could do Adventureland/Frontierland your first day, but do Peter Pan that day too, since it's not that far of a walk. So you could FP+ PP, BTMR, and Splash. Then do Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Tiki Room, Treehouse, Parade, and Haunted Mansion. (Try and do Haunted Mansion right before/after Peter Pan to minimize walking)

Then your second day (or vice versa), FP+ 7D, and then you have two other FP available for Tomorrowland/Fantasyland. If you go early in the morning, you shouldn't need a FP for the Speedway, so I would spend your other two FP+ on either meeting Ariel, Space Mountain or Enchanted Tales.

I would definitely like to minimize walking because I know we will be tired. We are doing HS the day before and AK the day after so I want to leave right after Splash Mtn so my kids aren't completely exhausted for AK. Our 2nd day at MK will follow a day at Universal but we aren't doing anything the day after.
I changed my FP for day 1. BTMR 3:40-4:40, Splash 4:40-5:40, and I will change out that other FP for something else because we will be there early to do Speedway.

So on the day we do Fantasyland and Tomorrowland where is the best place to start? It seems like those 2 have the most popular rides. We will be there all day.

I would definitely like to minimize walking because I know we will be tired. We are doing HS the day before and AK the day after so I want to leave right after Splash Mtn so my kids aren't completely exhausted for AK. Our 2nd day at MK will follow a day at Universal but we aren't doing anything the day after.
I changed my FP for day 1. BTMR 3:40-4:40, Splash 4:40-5:40, and I will change out that other FP for something else because we will be there early to do Speedway.

So on the day we do Fantasyland and Tomorrowland where is the best place to start? It seems like those 2 have the most popular rides. We will be there all day.

Honestly myself, I'd start at the front and just work my way back. Astro Orbiter, Monsters Inc., Speedway etc... And of course work around your FP+

We tried doing all of Fantasyland and Tomorrowland in one day last year, and it was too many attractions to get to them all. Although, my kids are little so we either need an afternoon break or we are done by ~4:00. If your kids are older and can stay longer hours in the parks, it might work for you to split it up that way. This year I'm trying to break up Fantasyland over multiple days since it has the most attractions.

Day 1 (RD to ~1:00, break, back ~5:00-8:00):
Peter Pan
Small World
Meet Woody & Jessie (maybe)
Splash
BTMRR (FP+/child swap)
Tiki Room
Magic Carpets
11:30 lunch at CP
Meet Tiana (1:00)
Jungle Cruise (FP+ maybe, TP says we won't be able to fit it in before lunch but I can't decide if I should just try to and use the FP for something else or get the FP they recommend.)
**BREAK AT HOTEL**
7DMT (FP+/child swap)
Pooh
QS Dinner
Under the Sea
Meet Ariel (will try to get 4th FP for one of these)
Dumbo
Barnstormer
Railroad back to entrance

Day 2 (RD-~1:00, no FP b/c we're hopping to DHS this night):
Space Mountain
Astro Orbiters
People Mover
Buzz
Laugh Floor
Haunted Mansion
Liberty Square Riverboat
Lunch at Columbia Harbor House
(Depending on what time we finish lunch/kids moods we may stay a bit after to see things we missed in LS/Frontier/Adventureland, or just leave for break.)

Day 3 (~5:00-park close):
Anna & Elsa (FP+ if I can get it, if not I'll choose something else)
Enchanted Tales w/ Belle
6:10 dinner at BOG
7DMT (FP+)
Ride things we missed in Fantasyland & Tomorrowland
MSEP (FP+)
Wishes

Ok I have changed everything, let me know if this is doable, especially day 2. TP says I have free time in several areas so I figure I can assess wait times and maybe the kids can ride faves again? My kids are 11 and almost 5 so I think we will be okay staying the park all day. If my son needs to nap we will have a stroller. He hasn't napped in 2 years but I know he will be tired from going non stop. This is our 3rd trip, first for DS, and we have never taken afternoon breaks, DD always slept in the stroller.
How wet are we going to get on Splash Mtn? It was closed our last trip and I can't remember the time before if we got soaked. If we could do Splash Mtn and then the parade that would be ideal.
What is Pete's Silly Side Show? Is it just a M&G or is it something to watch, this is new since last time we visited.

Day 1:
Jungle Cruise
Magic Carpets
Pirates
Tiki Room
BTMR FP 10:30-11:30
Haunted Mansion
Lunch
Peter Pan FP 12:40
Philharmagic
Meet Woody & Jessie
Splash Mtn (FP either before or after the parade)
Parade
Ride train back to entrance

Day 2: Tried to minimize walking all over since our lunch reservation is in Tomorrowland area. Hopefully this plan works.
Pooh
Under the Sea
Meet Ariel (not sure we will even do this, depends if my DD wants to, my DS will have no interest)
Barnstormer
Speedway
Buzz
Astro
Laugh Floor
Space Mtn FP 1:00 (DH & DD)
Buzz FP 1:00 (Me & DS)
People Mover
Lunch The Plaza (2:05 reservation)
Enchanted Tales (FP 3:50)
Small World
Carousel
Dumbo
Tea Party
TP says I have free time here so might do Petes Silly Sideshow
7DMT FP 7:25
Free Time
Parade and Wishes

Your new plan looks pretty good. I would move Ariel BEFORE Under the Sea. The queue for Ariel will get longer & is out in the hot sun. That's of course if you see Ariel at all.

Pete's Silly Sideshow is a Meet & greet. Minnie/Daisy in one line and Donald/Goofy in another. All dressed in circus costumes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter