2 CMs - 2 different answers! Cost to upgrade from QS to DDP

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by MarylandMom, May 11, 2010.

1. MarylandMom

MarylandMom Earning My Ears

Jul 14, 2006
    My husband surprised me with a four night solo trip on Mother's day. :yay: I am leaving in 13 days! The package I received included QS dining. I called to inquire how much it would cost to upgrade to the regular dining plan, (not deluxe) and was told $40. (I am staying 4 nights, so $10 extra a night.) Today I called to actually upgrade the meal plan and was told that it would be approx. $94 more to do so. This comes to more than $20 a night to upgrade. I decided to hold off and check with the experts first. Can anyone tell me which CM is correct? Many thanks for any info!
  2. Faldred

Faldred DIS Veteran

Dec 18, 2008
    You're not going in "peak" season, so the upgrade should will be $10/adult/night. (Peak would be $16/adult/night.)

They may be including package change fees (up to $50) in that quote -- you should be able to talk them out of it (or down to a more nominal amount) since you're upgrading the package, not downgrading it.
  3. TDC Nala

TDC Nala 1937, what a year that was

Jun 22, 2001
    There is also an extra $15 fee for changing a package reservation within two weeks of arrival. This is usually charged whether you are upgrading or downgrading. Some posters have reported that they were not charged this fee, but I don't know how they got out of it. The $50 change fee is usually not charged to upgrade.
  4. tiff211

tiff211 DIS Cast Member<br><font color=blue>Was busted by

Mar 3, 2005
    When I get 2 price quotes like that, I usually call back until I get 2 of the same answer.