2-4 weeks really?

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by collections, Jun 5, 2013.

1. collections

collections Mouseketeer

I just received an e-mail from Fidelity telling me that per First American my contract closed on Monday. Then is says :

"Disney has been notified of your new ownership, this will take 2-4 weeks for Disney to enter your info into their system."

The 2-4 weeks was highlighted in blue. I thought it was more like 10 days. Is there really a possibility I won't be in the Disney system until early July?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. Missyrose

Missyrose DIS Veteran

Disney is processing a ton of VGF contracts, so resale contracts are getting delayed because of it.

4. NoleFan

NoleFan DIS Veteran

I was told by another broker about 13 BUSINESS days for Disney to complete transfer & up to 2 weeks to receive letter with membership #. It took exactly 13 business days for Disney to do transfer & just less than 1 more week to get letter (I live in FL). Mine closed around when VGF went on sale so that probably had something to do with it. Good luck!

5. collections

collections Mouseketeer

Thanks for the quick reply. I guess I actually appreciate their honesty if that's the case. This contract process has been plagued with inaccurate timeline info from both Fidelity and First American, so hopefully this is the truth and I won't still be waiting on July 5th.

6. lorie13

lorie13 Mouseketeer DVC Gold

It took them 16 days to add ours, points were finally added on Jun 2.

7. Illini Al

Illini Al Mouseketeer

Took 15 calendar days for mine, but that was well before VGF went on sale.

8. networktek

networktek it all started with a mouse

I got the exact same email today from Fidelity saying the same time line of 2-4 weeks.

9. collections

collections Mouseketeer

I see from your posts that we are on exactly the same timeline.

-Contract to Disney on 4/11
    -Passed ROFR on 5/6
    -Fidelity "you closed" e-mail on 6/5

Hopes it's more like 2 weeks than 4 to get into Disney's system.

10. DizBub

DizBub Totally Addicted

Are you already a current DVC member adding on or a new buyer?

Not sure it makes a difference these days but when we bought resale last year it went faster for us. New buyers have to have their accounts created and set up. Members just need to have their new contracts added to their existing accounts.

There have been so many resales lately along with the direct sales I'm sure they are slammed. Hoping it goes faster for all of you.

11. lovin'fl

lovin'fl DIS Veteran

My March add on- it took Disney 10 days to load the points and then another week to get the letter in the mail (17 days total...from closing).

12. disneynutz

disneynutz DIS Veteran DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Disney is backlogged due to VGF sales that take priority.

In addition, a few weeks ago they stopped giving account numbers and login info over the phone and started mailing that info to new owners. The delay seems to have worked because several people have posted that the additional delay is another reason to buy direct.

:earsboy: Bill

13. sol2338

sol2338 Earning My Ears

We also received an email on 6/6 that said our information was sent to Disney and that it could take 2-4 weeks to be in the system. We haven't received a letter with our member number on it. I called member services today and he could not find our name in the system.

Has anyone that closed around the same time received their letter? This will be our first contract.

Thanks!

14. rcchello

rcchello DIS Veteran

The 2-4 weeks is a guesstimate provided by the closing company and not a commitment from Disney. It was also probably based on the pre-VGF process times. I would guess it will probably be on the long end or possibly longer. 3 -6 weeks??? I doubt Disney hired additional people for what is probably a short term event.

15. Minniesgal

Minniesgal DIS Veteran

Seriously the time to Mai a letter is enough to switch to direct buying?

16. rcchello

rcchello DIS Veteran

You hear of people all the time buying direct because they need to book a room as soon as possible. You also see people worrying each week during a resale for the same reason, they need their member number now because the 7 or 11 month booking deadline is coming up.

During resale the only period set in stone is Right of First Refusal, everything else is variable.

17. collections

collections Mouseketeer

I'm the OP and although the 6/5 e-mail I received from Fidelity said 2 to 4 weeks, I was actually in the the Disney system by 6/14 (just 9 days later).
    I called members services on 6/14 and the castmember I spoke to confirmed my info, gave me my membership number and talked me through setting up my online account.
    The letter with my membership number came on 6/17. I received my membership cards in the mail on 6/22.

So for me, the wait was far less than 2 to 4 weeks. This was my first contract as well.

Hope your info arrives soon!

18. BestDadEver

BestDadEver New DVC Member

:confused3 really

You wouldn't have this problem if you paid 2x as much for points direct

19. collections

collections Mouseketeer

Certainly worth the $9,000+ that I saved, and in the end it only took 9 days.

20. dbs1228

dbs1228 DIS Veteran

:cool1: Yea I love it when a plan come together!:rotfl: Enjoy your points!

21. Missyrose

Missyrose DIS Veteran

But they would still probably be on the wait list, waiting for their direct points.