A Pink Pixie Princess - Complete!

Yay for trip planning!
Trip planning is basically the greatest thing ever!
Even though you deferred the PDC it's nice you still get to do the 5K and with your mom!
Definitely! I'm super excited for this one since the start AND finish lines are in the parks! Should be so cool!
That sucks that they put in a layover but awesome for free flights!
Yeah, I guess I can't really complain. :) And at least the layover is on the way home and I'm not losing any Disney time!
I've never been to Disneyland, hopefully some day soon. Awesome that you are staying at the Disneyland hotel.
I'm so excited to stay there! It's just SOOOOO Disney...I love it!

Is it bad that I'm secretly in my head "planning" what I would do during Tink weekend as I read your update...even though I am not going this year? Is it mental that I will just daydream I'm there? Yep, probably, but I don't care.
Maybe I need to go research the menus and acclimate myself to the DL food places I don't know a lot about...so I can plan what food I won't be eating :)!!!!
I'm eagerly anticipating the merchadise previews so I can see what I won't be buying as well :)

Now for things I actually bought...I had money left on a disney giftcard after marathon weekend that I forgot I had. So I splurged during the disneystore 25% off and free shipping thingy this week. I searched "rundisney" and then "performance" and came up with a pair of size Large minnie capris. They arrived last night and are a little on the big side...but not bad. I find disneystore runs big. I wore them on the treadmill and they worked just fine.
It looks like more sizes are available today so I could have waited and gotten a Medium...oh well.

http://www.disneystore.com/minnie-mouse-performance-capri-pants-for-women/mp/1394307/1000223/

Is it bad that I'm secretly in my head "planning" what I would do during Tink weekend as I read your update...even though I am not going this year? Is it mental that I will just daydream I'm there? Yep, probably, but I don't care.
I'll allow it. :) Consider it research for next year, hmmmm???
Maybe I need to go research the menus and acclimate myself to the DL food places I don't know a lot about...so I can plan what food I won't be eating :)!!!!
I for sure need to do that with their counter service places. There are supposedly lots of hidden gems!!
I'm eagerly anticipating the merchadise previews so I can see what I won't be buying as well :)
I'm pretty "meh" on Tink so I don't think I'll be quite as excited about the merchandise...who knows, maybe they will blow me away with something!!
Now for things I actually bought...I had money left on a disney giftcard after marathon weekend that I forgot I had. So I splurged during the disneystore 25% off and free shipping thingy this week. I searched "rundisney" and then "performance" and came up with a pair of size Large minnie capris. They arrived last night and are a little on the big side...but not bad. I find disneystore runs big. I wore them on the treadmill and they worked just fine.
It looks like more sizes are available today so I could have waited and gotten a Medium...oh well.

http://www.disneystore.com/minnie-mouse-performance-capri-pants-for-women/mp/1394307/1000223/
Found money is always awesome. Those pants are sooooo cute!! I'm so glad they work for you even though they are a little big! :) I actually think I saw those (and a matching top) in Disneyland in December!

Woohoo on new trip plans. I think the look at the Disneyland resort looks awesome. Love that retro feel to it. I think it's so cool that you are going with your mom!!! Sorry about the changes to your flights. That is so frustrating. Delta did that to us on our last trip to WDW. Ended up delaying us getting there by like 4 hours. I was not happy.

Anyway, excited to hear new trip planning and looking forward to new details as time gets closer.

Oh man, Disneyland ... I'm going to try to be happy for you instead of being insanely jealous because I have no idea if/when I'm going back.

So ... here's the question. I'm guessing your Premier Passport expires in September, and you'll be doing WDW in November and February and then DL next May. Are you going to renew the pass? Or just do individual tickets for each trip?

Flight changes are the worst. I've done the whole "land at 6, be at work at 9" thing once or twice ... it's not fun. I totally don't blame you for not wanting to do it.

Staying at the Disneyland Hotel will be awesome. Even though it's expensive ... it really looks like such an amazingly Disney place! (I've still never stayed onsite at DL)

Sounds like you're doing a good job planning an awesome trip despite the change in plans. And I'm sure you'll have an amazing time because it's Disneyland!!

Woohoo on new trip plans. I think the look at the Disneyland resort looks awesome. Love that retro feel to it. I think it's so cool that you are going with your mom!!!
I love the retro feel too! Of the 3 on=property resorts, that is the one that I haven't *really* explored very much yet, so I'm excited to have an entire weekend there. :)

I hope my mom has fun!
Sorry about the changes to your flights. That is so frustrating. Delta did that to us on our last trip to WDW. Ended up delaying us getting there by like 4 hours. I was not happy.
Oh noooo. I'm not happy with my flight change either, but I'm still arriving in Disneyland at the same time and am still leaving at the same time on my departure day as originally scheduled. I would be FURIOUS if the change had actually cut in to my Disney time! :mad:
Anyway, excited to hear new trip planning and looking forward to new details as time gets closer.
:) Thanks Gisele!
Oh man, Disneyland ... I'm going to try to be happy for you instead of being insanely jealous because I have no idea if/when I'm going back.
I sort of know what you mean...I'm trying to be happy for the people that are at WDW now but it's hard! :(
So ... here's the question. I'm guessing your Premier Passport expires in September, and you'll be doing WDW in November and February and then DL next May. Are you going to renew the pass? Or just do individual tickets for each trip?
That's something I was looking at yesterday and I'm not totally decided on what I'm going to do yet, but I WILL get some sort of annual pass. I'm not sure if it'll be another Premier Pass or a WDW pass though. If there's no price break for renewal I'll most likely get the cheaper WDW annual pass and then buy my Tink weekend tickets separately - I can't find any documentation that says how much it is to renew the Premier Pass, so it's possible there's no price break. Most of what I have planned for end of 2016/beginning of 2017 is WDW-related...if I thought I was going to make it back to Disneyland another time besides Tink weekend, I think the Premier AP would make sense, but is it's at that crazy $1400 price point to renew, I don't think it'll make sense. So glad I got my current pass before that insanity went into effect...
Flight changes are the worst. I've done the whole "land at 6, be at work at 9" thing once or twice ... it's not fun. I totally don't blame you for not wanting to do it.
I'm not gonna lie, I thought about it - with my current flight I'll be waking up that last day and heading right to the airport. If I changed to that red-eye I'd get that whole day in the parks...but somehow (and this may be sacrilegious to say) I'm not sure it would be worth it!
Staying at the Disneyland Hotel will be awesome. Even though it's expensive ... it really looks like such an amazingly Disney place! (I've still never stayed onsite at DL)
From the little I have seen of it so far, it really is! I'm planning on taking millions of pictures in the hotel alone! :)
Sounds like you're doing a good job planning an awesome trip despite the change in plans. And I'm sure you'll have an amazing time because it's Disneyland!!
Thanks! :) Really looking forward to it!

Just caught up and am following along - so glad you are recovering well from all the injury issues!

And yay for Disney trip planning!! I'm tentatively looking at Princess 2017 for my first Disney race as a new runner, so I'll be stalking all the runDisney stuff now :)

And I love all your fancy running clothes! I'm definitely not to that stage yet - I stick to Old Navy right now - but I can see the nice stuff becoming very addictive :P

So glad to hear your rehab is going well! I know you will be back at it soon! So much of healing is mental and you've got that in the bag :)
That is really fun that you and your mom are doing the 5K at D-land! I really want to do a race at Disneyland...maybe 2018 as I am hoping to do the Dopey (like everyone else!) so I can score that lovely C2C bling!
And darn it I LOVE that InknBurn St Patricks Day running skirt! Of course it is no longer available...maybe they will make more?? Here's hoping!

Just caught up and am following along - so glad you are recovering well from all the injury issues!
Hi! :wave: And thanks...me too!!
And yay for Disney trip planning!! I'm tentatively looking at Princess 2017 for my first Disney race as a new runner, so I'll be stalking all the runDisney stuff now :)
Princess was my first race and I loved it so much! I am so excited to do it next year. :) Let me know if you have any questions!
And I love all your fancy running clothes! I'm definitely not to that stage yet - I stick to Old Navy right now - but I can see the nice stuff becoming very addictive :P
:eek: IT IS. I'm coming up on my 1-year INK-iversary (placed my first order with them in late March of 2015)...I shudder to think how much money I have given them since then!!
So glad to hear your rehab is going well! I know you will be back at it soon! So much of healing is mental and you've got that in the bag :)
I have to admit, I have been struggling a little bit mentally lately. :( I have days where I think I'm going to start running again any day now! And then days where I think that maybe this will take longer than I want it to. I've had a couple of the second type this week and it's not fun!
That is really fun that you and your mom are doing the 5K at D-land! I really want to do a race at Disneyland...maybe 2018 as I am hoping to do the Dopey (like everyone else!) so I can score that lovely C2C bling!
I hope she likes it! I'm not sure if we are planning to run together or separately...I might be way too slow for her at that point.

You totally need to get yourself a C2C medal - so perfect!!
And darn it I LOVE that InknBurn St Patricks Day running skirt! Of course it is no longer available...maybe they will make more?? Here's hoping!
AHH ME TOO.

YES - they almost always have extras of the special holiday pre-orders. That and there are stores that get in on the pre-orders too and will have them available (I know for sure of one in California that is super easy to work with - I called there for something else and she said they'd be getting them), so it's definitely possible to get one! :)

BACK 2 Good - Week 6 progress update

Monday: lifting today...never really much to say about lifting, but it was fine. My legs feel sore today, I guess from the run yesterday. I guess that is something I will have to get used to whenever I actually DO start again...I was to the point where I never felt sore after runs, even long ones. I hope to get there again!

24743019379_7b1f5cfe1d_z.jpg

My left calf/foot pain is definitely a lot better...I think I keep forgetting to mention it because for the most part, it's just not a big deal anymore. It's at its worst right when I get out of bed in the morning, and the first few steps are brutal with pain going up into my hamstring. But once I walk (limp) around for awhile it's fine. Stretching and flexing my foot up are tough too. Other than that...it's really not bothering me much. I felt maybe a little more soreness yesterday after the run, but nothing debilitating. More than anything, I think my little run/walk intervals really did a lot for my mental state. I was just in such a better mood for the rest of the day! I know I said this last week, and I’ll probably repeat myself quite a bit (more than I do on various topics already), but I really am starting to feel like I’m getting closer to "normal," and that is really exciting!

16246667756_fb0655a2b9_z.jpg

Tuesday: 30-minute walk on the treadmill...woohoo for getting to my initial goal of 30 straight minutes of walking! :banana: It was fine (1.65 miles in a little over 30 minutes) but boring. Sort of crazy to think that I was struggling to take the dog around the block a little less than a month ago - I'm glad that I'm feeling so much better!

Speaking of...getting out of bed was easier today. My calf still felt sore, but the soreness didn't extend any higher - my hamstring felt pretty normal. Yay! I hope that continues!

Also...Starbucks is killing me lately. First they had the Molten Chocolate Latter for Valentine's Day, and now I just got an email that they're brewing Smoked Butterscotch Lattes. WHAT EVEN.

25017406361_7164ac975d_z.jpg

Wednesday: lifting today, which was fine.

24483832873_3f408200f2_z.jpg

Thursday: 30-minute walk on the treadmill...I got SO bored toward the end and decided to try some run/walk intervals. I did my run intervals at 10:00/mile pace...four of them at 10 seconds running/50 seconds walking, and then one 30-second interval. They were...okay. Didn't go as well as Saturday's intervals - they didn't hurt, but they felt way more unnatural than I remember from Saturday. :( I think between that and Princess weekend officially starting, I'm a little down in the dumps today. That and the fact that I looked ahead to this weekend's weather forecast and saw that Saturday will be crazy amazing here as far as weather is concerned - high of 54 forecasted! My first thought was, "that will be PERfECT running weather!" And I got all excited for my long run...and then remembered that I can’t really run yet. :(

24483832483_ffd92b0553_z.jpg

To distract myself, I started doing a little trip planning for my upcoming rD trips yesterday and today...there’s not much I can REALLY do yet, but I:

• looked at some flight options (practically nothing yet, and what is available is crazy expensive)
  • pondered tickets vs. annual passes (the math works out for getting at least a WDW annual pass...I'm not sure if I’ll renew my Premier Pass unless there's a price break for doing so)
  • started seriously thinking about hotel options for PHM weekend in 2017. I'm planning on renting DVC points and the 11-month mark is still 6 weeks away...I'm not sure what I want to do yet. I've narrowed down my choices to Animal Kingdom Lodge, Bay Lake Tower, Beach Club, Boardwalk or Wilderness Lodge (hence the random Disney pics in this post so that this isn't all just one big word block like I've been doing lately...). I'm leaning toward Bay Lake Tower because I haven't stayed there yet (I have stayed at the other resorts at least once) and the monorail access would be nice (though for the races, it looks like it's only available for the half marathon this year - not sure why they 10K doesn't have it?). My one hesitation is that it is the most expensive option out of the 5 (with Animal Kingdom Lodge being the cheapest, relatively speaking)...we'll see.
Friday: lifting! I REALLY did not want to lift today, so I had to talk myself into it. I'm so glad that I did though! It felt good.

25017753161_8147ebd065_z.jpg

Unfortunately I had a tough day today with my calf...I think I totally jinxed myself earlier this week saying how I felt so good. I was doing my PT exercises at one point and the calf started to burn - it hasn't burned for a few weeks now, so that was alarming. It lasted a minute or two and then went away...then came back later when I was walking down the stairs to head out with Mr. A. :( Thankfully it didn't happen again for the rest of the day, but (pardon my French), what the actual frick?? :mad:

Anyway...today was the 11-year anniversary of when Mr. A and I got together! :love2: We celebrated by going out to BW3 (I know it's called Buffalo Wild Wings, but it will always be BW3 to me) for some fried food and trivia.

I even curled my hair! And wore Steampunk:
25038301532_2905893a6b_z.jpg

We were Team Nerd (couldn't pick our own team name, but this one is apporpriate) and we won our two games! Of course our only competition was a trio of teenage girls, but still...
25063306961_d3f158e319_z.jpg

Also...I've been following along with what's going on at Princess weekend, and man - if they had some sort of option where I could pay an extra $25 to avoid the expo but still get my bib and race shirts, I'd do it. :scared: It sounds like a NIGHTMARE. This has been helpful for me to realize - I plan on going on day 1 next year at, like, 4 PM or something weird. Hopefully the crazies will be gone by then!
The merch just isn't worth it, and come on...this is coming from ME.

Saturday: long walk day! And a beautiful day in Ohio! High of 68 today!!

The plan for today was to walk 10 minutes...then do 10 fartleks...then do the last 10 minutes of my run as intervals (run 10 seconds/walk 50 seconds). It went okay. My overall pace was slower than last week, but it was still a good walk/run.

25038301522_6863343533_z.jpg

This made me feel better after being a little down this week. But it's getting old not being able to run like I want to. I imagine that will get harder as the weather gets nicer.

So after the run I got cleaned up and headed to our local outdoor mall to engage in some retail therapy (mostly make-up-related). Felt really good to be outside in the nice weather, and I forgot about the injury a LOT. Good for me to walk around a bit I guess!

Sunday: rest day. And so glad Princess is about to be over so I can move on from it!! :yay:

Continued in Next Post

Last edited:
Loving the Disney pics! Man, I want to be there now.

I'm glad Princess weekend is over and you can move on from that, and nothing better to help you move on than thinking about your next trip. :wizard:

Glad to hear that things are still improving, although I know it is frustrating that it's going slow. Your patience in building yourself back up will pay off though, I'm sure! It was beautiful this weekend here as well, so I'm sorry you didn't get more of a chance to enjoy it, but the retail therapy part sounds nice.

Congrats to you and Mr. A on 11 years together. :flower3: You look adorable in your Steampunk and way to go Team Nerd on the win!!

I didn't hear about the expo issues, but sounds like it must have been a mess and especially if you are considering skipping it. ;) I know we thought Wine and Dine was pretty nutso and we were there early enough to avoid the worst of it.

Loving the Disney pics! Man, I want to be there now.
SAME!!! :sad: I need to include more Disney pics in my posts. Everyone likes Disney pics!!
I'm glad Princess weekend is over and you can move on from that, and nothing better to help you move on than thinking about your next trip. :wizard:
Me too! I was a little bummed about it over the weekend, but not as sad as I thought I would be. :) I think it's to the point now where I am more sad that I cannot run, not so much that I am missing races, if that makes sense.
Glad to hear that things are still improving, although I know it is frustrating that it's going slow. Your patience in building yourself back up will pay off though, I'm sure! It was beautiful this weekend here as well, so I'm sorry you didn't get more of a chance to enjoy it, but the retail therapy part sounds nice.
I have to admit, my patience is starting to wear thin. :( I did get out for dog walks at least, so that's something!

Aren't these little tastes of weather sort of...good and bad? Like, I love the odd almost-70-degree-day here and there, but then we have snow in the forecast for Thursday. Such a tease!
Congrats to you and Mr. A on 11 years together. :flower3: You look adorable in your Steampunk and way to go Team Nerd on the win!!
Thank you!! :) Crazy so think that we have been together for 1/3 of our lives. :lovestruc Would you believe that I haven't worn my Steampunk tights yet? I've taken the tags off but haven't worn them - I need to change that!
I didn't hear about the expo issues, but sounds like it must have been a mess and especially if you are considering skipping it. ;) I know we thought Wine and Dine was pretty nutso and we were there early enough to avoid the worst of it.
@Keels was my inside man (woman) for the Princess madness, and some of the issues actually went beyond the expo. It was truly bizarre to follow along during the weekend.

From her and from Facebook, I have heard about:
- People punching one another over jackets and wine glasses
- A Cast Member getting punched
- Something about an "auction" for a jacket? There's a video but I need to actually watch it to get the full scoop

And from other points throughout the weekend:
- Looks like about 20% of the field got swept during the half! :eek:
- Many cheaters (course cutters, corral jumpers, people that crossed the starting line and finish line but have no other splits or pictures from any point on the course...HMMMM...) --> I know this happens at every WDW race, just as disgusting no matter when it occurs!
- Women openly making fun of other women for their weight, clothes, being at one of the pre-race parties alone, etc.

Can you freaking believe that?! No wonder Princess gets a bad rap!! :sad2: I definitely plan on focusing on the positives next year, cuz ain't nobody got time for ridiculous drama, but...WOMEN. Ammi right?? :rolleyes2

@Keels was my inside man (woman) for the Princess madness, and some of the issues actually went beyond the expo. It was truly bizarre to follow along during the weekend.

- Something about an "auction" for a jacket? There's a video but I need to actually watch it to get the full scoop

- Many cheaters (course cutters, corral jumpers, people that crossed the starting line and finish line but have no other splits or pictures from any point on the course...HMMMM...) --> I know this happens at every WDW race, just as disgusting no matter when it occurs!
- Women openly making fun of other women for their weight, clothes, being at one of the pre-race parties alone, etc.

Can you freaking believe that?! No wonder Princess gets a bad rap!! :sad2: I definitely plan on focusing on the positives next year, cuz ain't nobody got time for ridiculous drama, but...WOMEN. Ammi right?? :rolleyes2
Holy crap! Punching over jackets and glasses and punching a cast member??? That's insane. No merchandise is worth that.

I can't believe 20% of the field was swept. I don't know what the normal percentage is like, but that seems huge. So 1 out of every 5 runners didn't finish? Why do they think the percentage was so high or does anyone even know?

I'm with you on the cheaters. I witnessed some corral jumpers at our last marathon weekend and it just shocked me. I would never have the nerve to do that, even assuming I lacked the integrity to even attempt it.

That makes me sick that women were making fun of other women. One of the reasons I love running so much is the overwhelming nature of support that most runners provide to other runners. I guess you are never too old to be a mean girl. :(

I can't say I've ever had a burning desire to do Princess (although the GSC) is tempting, but when I hear these stories it just makes we want to stay far away!!

SAME!!! :sad: I need to include more Disney pics in my posts. Everyone likes Disney pics!!

Me too! I was a little bummed about it over the weekend, but not as sad as I thought I would be. :) I think it's to the point now where I am more sad that I cannot run, not so much that I am missing races, if that makes sense.

I have to admit, my patience is starting to wear thin. :( I did get out for dog walks at least, so that's something!

Aren't these little tastes of weather sort of...good and bad? Like, I love the odd almost-70-degree-day here and there, but then we have snow in the forecast for Thursday. Such a tease!

Thank you!! :) Crazy so think that we have been together for 1/3 of our lives. :lovestruc Would you believe that I haven't worn my Steampunk tights yet? I've taken the tags off but haven't worn them - I need to change that!

I saw the jacket video. I thought that was crazy. I've never heard this sort of craziness for the other races.

Holy crap! Punching over jackets and glasses and punching a cast member??? That's insane. No merchandise is worth that.
FOR REAL!! And then I think back to what Jess and I did during the Dumbo trip...waiting almost 3 hours before the expo opens...this is all craziness. I'm seriously scaling back on my merchandise expectations.
I can't believe 20% of the field was swept. I don't know what the normal percentage is like, but that seems huge. So 1 out of every 5 runners didn't finish? Why do they think the percentage was so high or does anyone even know?
The 20% figure came from me...

8,129 GSC bibs listed in the corral documents + 17160 half marathon bibs listed in the corral documents = 25,289 runners in the half marathon
Per the race results page, 18,090 female finishers and 2,036 male finishers = 20,129 finishers...so 5,160 people didn't finish
5,160/25289 = 20.4%

Now, granted...there are bibs listed in the corrals that did not start for some reason (i.e. me, someone who deferred), and possible people who didn't start but weren't able to defer, so the calculation isn't perfect. Though I think when the deferrals come in those extra bibs are sometimes released to travel agents to sell? I know someone who got a bib after Marathon Weekend, so that's probably why she got hers. :confused3

Like I said, not a perfect calculation, but STILL.
I'm with you on the cheaters. I witnessed some corral jumpers at our last marathon weekend and it just shocked me. I would never have the nerve to do that, even assuming I lacked the integrity to even attempt it.
Right? I mean, shoot...I COULD have gotten my Little Mermaid medals after all! I could have just showed up and crossed the starting line and then hung around for a bit and then snuck back onto the course to cross the finish line!....oh no, wait, I actually have integrity. :rolleyes2

I think I mentioned this earlier in the thread (or somewhere at least) but I know someone who lied about her corral placement for last year's GSC - she used a time from a local half marathon she did, except that she didn't finish that half marathon - she only made it halfway. So she used the halfway split but listed it like it was a half marathon time and was placed in a corral with people literally twice as fast as she was. She was passed by almost the entire field during the half. And she admitted she did it like it was totally fine. WHO DOES THAT?!
That makes me sick that women were making fun of other women. One of the reasons I love running so much is the overwhelming nature of support that most runners provide to other runners. I guess you are never too old to be a mean girl. :(
I know!! I read about the person who was alone at the party earlier in the day, and Keels told me about the other incident. I read her message right before dinner and seriously lost my appetite for awhile. People are so awful!
I can't say I've ever had a burning desire to do Princess (although the GSC) is tempting, but when I hear these stories it just makes we want to stay far away!!
Really...I was trying to convince Mr. A to come for the 10K next year and after telling him about all of this, he gave a big ol' NOPE to that idea. I have to say that it has really dampened my excitement for next year! :(
I saw the jacket video. I thought that was crazy. I've never heard this sort of craziness for the other races.
As a woman, I hate to say it...women can just be mean. It's like every awful stereotype you hear about women is rolled up into this weekend. Adults that REALLY think they are princesses getting together in a big group is just not good! The entitlement is just astounding. Make me wonder what Tink weekend will be like...

I could see that.

I personally saw some people cutting the course between Mile 11/12 at the turn around point and between Mile 12/13 at the EPCOT turn around. My husband said he saw someone cutting across the course near the 15K mark (he couldn't remember if it was before or after) across that main section of road as there would be no way someone in Corral O/P should be next to him in that area of the course at his pace, unless the person was an Olympic/Elite Level Runner, who shouldn't be in a late corral anyway.

Girls are so catty. I rather just tell it like it is.

In my corral (N), I had multiple people around me that admitting how undertrained they were and that they probably would end up swept, even with the 15 minutes of cushion time we would have with our corrals. Even as someone who internalizes how crappy she feels about herself with running, I don't think I could go into a race without knowing I could finish, even if slow. Someone actually admitted they knew someone who could doctor bibs so that you could get whatever Corral you wanted to be in.

The funny thing about the Jackets is that Friday when I went to the Expo, there were SO MANY of them on the shelves. The material also looked super cheap for being a $85 jacket.

I could see that.

I personally saw some people cutting the course between Mile 11/12 at the turn around point and between Mile 12/13 at the EPCOT turn around. My husband said he saw someone cutting across the course near the 15K mark (he couldn't remember if it was before or after) across that main section of road as there would be no way someone in Corral O/P should be next to him in that area of the course at his pace, unless the person was an Olympic/Elite Level Runner, who shouldn't be in a late corral anyway.
UGH!! I just don't see how people this this is okay?? And cutting the course that late in the race, really? Just actually finish at that point!!
Girls are so catty. I rather just tell it like it is.
I know! It's awful. :sad2:
In my corral (N), I had multiple people around me that admitting how undertrained they were and that they probably would end up swept, even with the 15 minutes of cushion time we would have with our corrals. Even as someone who internalizes how crappy she feels about herself with running, I don't think I could go into a race without knowing I could finish, even if slow. Someone actually admitted they knew someone who could doctor bibs so that you could get whatever Corral you wanted to be in.
I'm the exact same way...that's why I deferred. I knew I wouldn't be ready. :confused3

And doctoring the bibs...again, how do people think this is okay??
The funny thing about the Jackets is that Friday when I went to the Expo, there were SO MANY of them on the shelves. The material also looked super cheap for being a $85 jacket.
HA!! That's hilarious! I just can't see wanting an item so badly that I'd punch someone over it. And I agree, they're crazy over-priced anyway. Sigh...

I read about that on facebook, and thought seriously that's just sad, women can be so catty, which is one reason Princess isn't a priority for me. I did enjoy following along as my brother and his daughter ran the 5k and his wife ran the half as her first half. They all had good experiences at least.

That jacket video is hilarious & sad, you should watch it. What's so funny is jackets got restocked so that never needed to happen.

Oh I know a good spot in the half you can join in the race as I think that's how someone who finished alongside my brother in the half did it. She has no times at all, but she has a finish video and Epcot and finish pictures. She just looked a little suspicious in my brother's pictures/video to be finishing a half with the speedier guys so I'm pretty sure she jumped in at the bus stop, considering she has no times, not even a start time. It's crazy and sad that people do it.

Glad you are on the uphill with your injury. Hopefully once it's really Spring you'll be able to get back to a normal running routine.

I read about that on facebook, and thought seriously that's just sad, women can be so catty, which is one reason Princess isn't a priority for me. I did enjoy following along as my brother and his daughter ran the 5k and his wife ran the half as her first half. They all had good experiences at least.
Yeah, I just cannot fathom being that mean to someone! It's just so sad. :( I'm glad your family members had fun!! :)
That jacket video is hilarious & sad, you should watch it. What's so funny is jackets got restocked so that never needed to happen.
Okay, so I just watched the video - somehow it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I think I thought it was a literal auction, but still - too many people crammed way too close together for my liking! Makes me feel bad for the CMs working the expo.

I heard that they were re-stocked, which just makes it funnier.
Oh I know a good spot in the half you can join in the race as I think that's how someone who finished alongside my brother in the half did it. She has no times at all, but she has a finish video and Epcot and finish pictures. She just looked a little suspicious in my brother's pictures/video to be finishing a half with the speedier guys so I'm pretty sure she jumped in at the bus stop, considering she has no times, not even a start time. It's crazy and sad that people do it.
I've heard that rD reviews cases like this later and will actually disqualify people - I hope that's true so that their fraudulent performance cannot be used toward Coast-to-Coast or for Proof of time. :sad2: I just really don't get it! Why sign up if you don't intend on running?
Glad you are on the uphill with your injury. Hopefully once it's really Spring you'll be able to get back to a normal running routine.
Ah, thanks. I thought about you yesterday saying that you had to take 4 months off for it to go away when you had this...I don't know how you did it for 4 months. I'm approaching 2 months (I guess closer to 3 months since I was on a break before the sciatica came along) and I'm going INSANE!! Some days I feel like I'm close to being able to run again, but it's been up and down. ARG!!

I definitely get what you're saying about not being able to run ... for the first few weeks you understand that you need to heal, but then you're over that and just want to start running again. Hang in there. You're making good progress and you'll get there soon.

This Princess drama was crazy. And I tend to be clueless, so I probably don't even know all of it. But seriously. At least the weekend is over and now people can focus on next year's race weekend ... which hopefully will be less insane.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter