2/07/2013 4 - Night Bahamian Cruise, Miami FL on Wonder

not sure if Erin and Megan sre big disney fans --(I think they think its for little kids ) but I do know they love Harry potter .

Just wanted to say hi! Our family of 5 will be on this cruise as well.
We are in room 8560. We are flying into Orlando on Tuesday and may go to Sea World on Wednesday. Then drive down to the Fort Lauderdale/Miami area on Wednesday night. Is anyone else staying in a hotel the night before the cruise? If so, where and why? I would love to find a hotel that has free port transfers so that we can leave our rental car parked at the hotel while we cruise. I am such a procrastinator. We just booked the cruise about 2 weeks ago. I don't have ANY hotels booked at all (we will be staying the 2 nights before the cruise as well as 2 nights after). Curious as to what everyone else is doing....

Hello -
We are flying into MIA the night before . We are staying at a Sheraton near the aiport ( freebie with points ) and will take a cab ($25) to the port the next morning . We did this same thing last Feb when we took the SKY .

Our flight on monday does not leave until 9pm -- so we have the whole day to explore Miami . Last year we spent the whole day at the aqauarium .

12d548fbd688c388891c89e80963743e.jpg

I love this site. There has been question on the other board as to what is a safe food for someone with peanut/tree nut allergies. This is a list of the safe candy...if you are looking to give out other food items, please go to www.snacksafely.com and it will give you plenty of ideas.

Just wanted to say hi! Our family of 5 will be on this cruise as well.
We are in room 8560. We are flying into Orlando on Tuesday and may go to Sea World on Wednesday. Then drive down to the Fort Lauderdale/Miami area on Wednesday night. Is anyone else staying in a hotel the night before the cruise? If so, where and why? I would love to find a hotel that has free port transfers so that we can leave our rental car parked at the hotel while we cruise. I am such a procrastinator. We just booked the cruise about 2 weeks ago. I don't have ANY hotels booked at all (we will be staying the 2 nights before the cruise as well as 2 nights after). Curious as to what everyone else is doing....

Hi and Welcome to the group !! Will you be joining in on the Fish extender ?

I love last minute cruises ! You dont have to wait .

Phyllis

Hi Phyllis!
No, we aren't going to join in on the Fish Extender. I'm sure it'd be fun for the kids, but too much work for me on vacation :)
And I like your thought on last minute, that's a great positive way to think about it. Hoping to get hotels and rental car booked this week...
Melissa

Hi Phyllis!
No, we aren't going to join in on the Fish Extender. I'm sure it'd be fun for the kids, but too much work for me on vacation :)
And I like your thought on last minute, that's a great positive way to think about it. Hoping to get hotels and rental car booked this week...
Melissa

LOL ! no work for me -- DD wants to do this so I am letting her do all the deliveries

did you see that thread on the DCL board -- who will never do FE again and all the reasons why not ??? wow !!

did you see that thread on the DCL board -- who will never do FE again and all the reasons why not ??? wow !!

Yes and I was so mad that someone would trash talk people like that! We are grateful for EVERYTHING we get "crap" or not! After reading that I have been hesitant to ever do another FE:/. We really enjoy it for what it's worth. I guess I was raised wrong but I thought it was "it's the thought that counts". Items may seem "cheap" but I'll tell ya what, no one thinks of the amount of cabins, we only have like 6 on this one but i have 11 on the next one and after buying all f the supplies I spent a ton of money that i wasnt planning on, time of year, financial situations of families and 5 million and one other things..ugh..frustrated:scared1:

Did everyone get their cruise documents yet? I haven't and booked last October.

My son is 10, and our twin daughters are 6!

We received our cruise documents last week and we just booked 2 weeks ago. Maybe you should check on that.

Jessica- I see that you have cruised Disney before (we did but 13 years ago before we had kids). We have 2nd dinner seating so our kids will be picked up for the club during dinner. Do you just dress the kids in comfy clothes?

Melissa

Did everyone get their cruise documents yet? I haven't and booked last October.

We got ours. I would call DCL and find out what's up. It's not that big of a deal honestly. Just port info and they can print you new luggage tags there. I would just make sure they still have your reservation.

My son is 10, and our twin daughters are 6!

We received our cruise documents last week and we just booked 2 weeks ago. Maybe you should check on that.

Jessica- I see that you have cruised Disney before (we did but 13 years ago before we had kids). We have 2nd dinner seating so our kids will be picked up for the club during dinner. Do you just dress the kids in comfy clothes?

Melissa

I leave my younger ones, who are 8 and 6, in the clothe they played in all day. The only exception is the semi-formal night. In that night I just put on their school shirt, a plain polo and a khaki pair of pants. My daughter who just turned 12 decided on the last cruise that she wanted to change for dinner almost every night. We had second seating on the last cruise for the first part and it didn't work well for us. My youngest actually fell asleep at the table before getting food..he normally stays up late every night. So we switched to first dining for the second half. Much better! We all had dinner the kids then went to a show or the clubs and the mommies and daddy's would meet at the sports bar to hang out for a few hours for adult time:)

Hello pals,
we got our cruise documents...whew...

I so want to start packing now...but then i'll just bit sitting there staring at a full bag and no boarding pass :(

Is the final FE list ready? I wanted to finish making the gifts this weekend...since next weekend is full of superbowl festivities

will people check disboards on the day of...since i will try to upgrade my room at the port. Or if people don't mind, i can email/text/call everyone with my new room number.

What works best for everyone?

Hello pals,
we got our cruise documents...whew...

I so want to start packing now...but then i'll just bit sitting there staring at a full bag and no boarding pass :(

Is the final FE list ready? I wanted to finish making the gifts this weekend...since next weekend is full of superbowl festivities

will people check disboards on the day of...since i will try to upgrade my room at the port. Or if people don't mind, i can email/text/call everyone with my new room number.

What works best for everyone?

I will Check the boards, emails, texts etc..just as we leave port. I will post the final FE list...not sure that its changed since I last posted it...I tried to keep posting them as they were updated. Glad you got your docs!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!