1st WLV Trip

Jimbo

6 AM and already the boy ain't right.<br><font col
We just returned from our first trip to WLV (or is it VWL?). We took our grandaughters and stayed 4 nights in a 1BR. All of us really wished we could have stayed longer. The resort really grew on us as the days passed.

We were in room 4523, which overlooked the quiet pool. It was close enough to to the pool that I was able to get my wife's attention while she was watching the kids. And the pool really was pretty quiet, so noise wasn't an issue. Also, it was three or four rooms from the elevator. It looked like people staying at the far end of the resort would have a mighty long walk to their room. All in all it was an excellent location, we thought.

One negative about 4523 was that when you were on your balcony you could hear the music that's played at the pool. This seemed nice at first, but they only play about 4-5 songs, then start over. I swear that if I hear that song from Last of the Mohicans one more time I'll barf! OKW does the same thing with Jimmy Buffett, but I've never been in a room where I could hear the music.

It was hot and humid, and the parks were suprisingly busy (surprising to me, anyway). We arrived on Wednesday, and President's Day was on Monday, so I expected crowds to be down. Actually, though, things were pretty busy all week, and on last Sunday, our final day, they were very busy.

Jimbo

Glad to hear you had a good trip! Thanks for the tip about the music, I will keep that in mind for next trip home.

One negative about 4523 was that when you were on your balcony you could hear the music that's played at the pool.
- Jimbo

I had to laugh at this one, from our first "trip home" experience last July! Just wait till you go back during the warmer time of the year, the outdoor wildlife will literally overtake any pool music that you heard during the night! My wife and I were rolling on the floor the first night, I heard a faint noise with the patio door closed and said "What the H*LL is that????", we opened the sliding door and were OVERWHELMED by what seemed to be 1,000,000 bugs/frogs/lizards singing thier hearts out LOUD! It was soooooooo funny how they all would work themselfs into a frenzie and then get quiet only to start over again by 1 of them! The best was to listen to them start at one side of the VWL (We were at a quiet pool side room) and they would start chanting like a wave all the way to the opposite side of the VWL! I have to thank you for bringing back that unforgettable first time moment!

What gets me is, I really dont remember reading about other members experiences with our resident wildlife live performances! Glad to hear your first time to a VWL room stay was a well enjoyed one!

Jimbo - we stayed in 4523 2/12 - 2/16, so you must have checked in after us!!! I hope we left the room in GREAT condition for you!! I also agree about the music, it drove me CRAZY!!! I think the speaker must be located right next to the room!!!

Originally posted by jel0511
Jimbo - we stayed in 4523 2/12 - 2/16, so you must have checked in after us!!! I hope we left the room in GREAT condition for you!! I also agree about the music, it drove me CRAZY!!! I think the speaker must be located right next to the room!!!
How about that! Not to worry, the room was in absolutely perfect shape.

WTR the music - it wasn't that it was loud that got to us, it's that it was so repetitious. Besides the Last of the Mohicans song, they played the theme song from a 70s TV show (Dallas?), and maybe two others, three tops. And one of the others is going through my head right now. Make it stop, mommy!!!

But the music did fit into the theme of the resort, I'll give them that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter