***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

Hmm... for me, the way I look at it, there's pros and cons to both. Pros: if your kids still take afternoon naps or if you plan afternoon breaks then you could hop without getting tired. Another pro is if a park closes early, you could go hop to another park, I find this is true especially if DHS really closes by 7pm, you can hop to EPCOT pretty easily. I'm partial to park hopping :) Cons: travel time between parks and getting tired. It's a bit of travel time especially if you're going to rely on Disney transportation.
This!

I think you are right that they won't be super engaged all day. I'm thinking 1/2 day tops. We're really going to appease my husband since he's not a big Disney person. The kids are interested in hands on science museums and outer space and stars (we really like to go to the Maryland Science Center for the hands on play and the planetarium show), but I'm thinking 1/2 day tops at KSC! I think you are right that we'd be able to build some beach time in Saturday late afternoon :-)

So if I can convince my DH of my new scheme we'd have three visits to the MK during our trip-- (1) Sunday for a few hours in the afternoon; (2) Monday morning for RD for a few hours, and then Monday evening for BOG dinner and fireworks; (3) Friday for RD into the afternoon. If I'm spending so much for Disney, what's an extra $60 to get an extra day of park tickets. LOL!

I know Monday will be really crowded, but I already had that planned for fireworks in the park and figure it won't so bad to do morning for a few hours, long break at the hotel and then back for dinner and a few hours in the evening. We can strategically use some FP to cut wait times I figure. My travel agent thought Monday would be manageable but I booked when touring plans had it rated as a 6/10 date and not a 9/10 date. I still have a hard time believing it will be so crowded on a weekday in early December!
yeah we have a membership at that boston museum of science and can spend all day there but the KSC stuff is not geared toward little kids. It is geared toward adult space geeks. They do have a nice play structure outside though so if DH is really into what he is looking at and the kids need to run you can take them there. There were lots of moms sitting there with their kids lol.

We went to Cocoa Beach in late April one year while DH and BIL were on a fishing excursion, and it was windy and chilly, surprisingly. We were the only people on the beach, and even though it was sunny it was only 75, with the wind the water was warmer than the air! LOL
I'd imagine December would be similar to that...but with crazy weather, it could be 90 all week! I'm trying to figure out how I'm supposed to pack for that week without going over my bag weight limit!

For ADR's, I'm still waiting on HDDR :sad2: and hoping to get a F! H&V dinner on 12/6. Right now we have one on 12/3, but if they have the SW dessert party that night, I'd much rather do that.
Also, I keep checking for a breakfast res on Saturday 12/10...not sure what time or where yet though, since we leave that day. Hopefully we'll get a later flight out so we can enjoy at least some more time either in one of the parks or in DS.

Also, I realized I have no ADR for any Epcot restaurants, but we are planning on at least 1 QS. I think we need to carve out some more Epcot time to see the holiday festivities there. DH doesn't seem to care about candlelight processional, but I need to do some more research on it to see if it's something we should do. Does anyone know if they will do FP+ for that show?

We went to Cocoa Beach in late April one year while DH and BIL were on a fishing excursion, and it was windy and chilly, surprisingly. We were the only people on the beach, and even though it was sunny it was only 75, with the wind the water was warmer than the air! LOL
I'd imagine December would be similar to that...but with crazy weather, it could be 90 all week! I'm trying to figure out how I'm supposed to pack for that week without going over my bag weight limit!
pack for spring/fall and bring a fleece/sweatshirt. should not be freezing then, even up here the last several winters the freezing weather hasn't hit until well after the holidays. Also we should have the 10 day forecast before leaving!

Hope this has not already been discussed I have not had a chance to read all the posts for a few days but I just got a phone message from Disney regarding the Tony's Main Street Electrical Parade Dining Package I booked for beginning of December. They said they are replacing it with a special parade viewing spot by the flag pole for the Festival of Fantasy Parade instead. We have an appointment that day at BBB at 2pm so there is no way I think we could make the parade and also wondering as a newbie is it worth the cost/dining credit to eat at Tony's and reserved area for this parade? I am sad as I have a feeling this means no night time parade which is something we were looking forward to for our first trip..

Hope this has not already been discussed I have not had a chance to read all the posts for a few days but I just got a phone message from Disney regarding the Tony's Main Street Electrical Parade Dining Package I booked for beginning of December. They said they are replacing it with a special parade viewing spot by the flag pole for the Festival of Fantasy Parade instead. We have an appointment that day at BBB at 2pm so there is no way I think we could make the parade and also wondering as a newbie is it worth the cost/dining credit to eat at Tony's and reserved area for this parade? I am sad as I have a feeling this means no night time parade which is something we were looking forward to for our first trip..
I think you can count on no nighttime parade :( I would not do this package for the daytime parade, but if it's one credit to eat and you get the perk - why not?

:welcome:Ok, I've never had experience with BBB but I've read on these boards that they usually run late and take about 35-45mins. If the parade is really at 3pm, you'd have to get to the reserved spot at least 15mins before (that's what the lady told me when she called for my MSEP ressie). Given that, there is a high probability you won't make it to the reserved spot... If the time of the parade changes (anything could happen), then it might be worth it. I think right now everyone is at a wait and see mode regarding the evening parade.

Well it looks like opportunity is presenting itself for me to have more time to Disney plan. I'm in the hospital right now staying overnight for observation under suspicion of appendicitis. Been having stomach pains off and on for 5 days now and figured it was time to go get it checked out, but the surgeon seems pretty unconvinced that the appendix is the culprit. And go figure the pain stopped when I drove to the ER.

So I have a private room, a tiny tv, and my laptop with all my Disney stuff on it. Might as well make some use of it I guess! Poor husband has to take care of all the farm chores himself. I guess I should say poor animals! haha.

Yesterday I finally nailed down which park per day and I made my Wild Africa Trek reservation, purchased my MVMCP tickets, and purchased Magic Maker. Time to think of some ADRs to track down. I still don't even have 1 yet.

Well it looks like opportunity is presenting itself for me to have more time to Disney plan. I'm in the hospital right now staying overnight for observation under suspicion of appendicitis. Been having stomach pains off and on for 5 days now and figured it was time to go get it checked out, but the surgeon seems pretty unconvinced that the appendix is the culprit. And go figure the pain stopped when I drove to the ER.

So I have a private room, a tiny tv, and my laptop with all my Disney stuff on it. Might as well make some use of it I guess! Poor husband has to take care of all the farm chores himself. I guess I should say poor animals! haha.

Yesterday I finally nailed down which park per day and I made my Wild Africa Trek reservation, purchased my MVMCP tickets, and purchased Magic Maker. Time to think of some ADRs to track down. I still don't even have 1 yet.

Oh no!! I hope everything goes ok. And you are on the mend soon! Sending you positive thoughts!

Hope everything is okay, JamieOak !

When are you booked on WAT? We are Saturday, the 3rd at 8am

Hope everything is okay, JamieOak !

When are you booked on WAT? We are Saturday, the 3rd at 8am

I wanted to get it in early on our trip because I wanted to do the 8am on also. So we are booked for 11/29 at 8am. Really this will be the 5th day of our trip overall, but I think after that we are going to be leaning more towards wanting to sleep in later and stay up later at night. I really haven't heard a bad review! I'm really excited for it. It was the first thing I picked out as our "extra magic" for our trip. The MVMCP I had to talk myself into a bit more. :)

Hope you feel better soon and that they are able to figure out the culprit of your stomach pain. Enjoy your evening of Disney planning!

Disney planning is a nice silver lining. :-) I do hope they get things sorted out quickly and that you're feeling better soon!

@BDFmom Thanks for the scoop on those little buggers! :-) I just started a formal list because my mental one is not reliable! haha These are definitely on the list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter