1st Trip to WDW and AKL...w/a few pot holes in the road Day 4 Update

Just found your thread....enjoying it so far, will be waiting to read the rest

(will be staying at AKL in September)

In case you notice...Jenny does wear the polka dot dress a lot on this trip, even though I packed 8 outfits. I had to do laundry 3 times to keep it clean.

Next we headed to Germany..... We had the nicest little waitress who loved that we were Berte and Ziesman. Both of our families are from Germany.

LOL, she's just at that age! My DD had "clothing jags" like that, too. One favorite that got washed over and over! :rolleyes:

My DBIL is from Germany and his last name is very, very similar to your (maiden?) name!! We're taking my DNiece along next time and she really wants us to eat at Biergarten. (She's learning how to speak German and wants to talk with the CMs there!)

I'm a bit apprehensive because we usually don't eat German food. I'm sure my DH and my DNiece will be fine, but does the buffet have foods for pickier eaters?? Just wondering...

Glad you had some relaxing pool time. I've learned that we need to schedule more of that! ;)

Kathy

Great so far, you're doing better than me. I need to go finish my first day! Wasn't Disney world So So great. It was such a bummer to come home and get back to everyday normal things. I just got back a few days ago, so i'm still in real bummer mode. I just wish we were still there:cloud9:

Love the report so far :thumbsup2. It sounds like your trip was great. We had a few, well several, kinks in our trip, but it was still Disney and we are going back in September :banana:.

I'm in! We made it back safely. I can officially say I was rained on every day of our trip. I don't want to see or use a poncho for a very long time. It was still Disney though and much better than working.

Great start to your trip report. We live about an hour from Clarksville. It's a pretty nice town. Looking forward to the rest of your report. :goodvibes

Hiya
Great start. Glad you got the room changed. Pool looks really nice. Sorry the cm's were not that helpful at AKL. looks like you all are having fun so far.

Ok 1st off I am so mad! I had my entire Day 3 done and I closed the tab, ugh! So here we go again...

]
IMG_0211.jpg
In case you notice...Jenny does wear the polka dot dress a lot on this trip, even though I packed 8 outfits. I had to do laundry 3 times to keep it clean.

IMG_0220.jpg
IMG_0231.jpg
IMG_0230.jpg

[/FONT][/SIZE]

That little polka dot dress certainly gets around! :laughing:But it's so cute and your daughter is adorable. What's another load of laundry?

Nice update!

LOL, she's just at that age! My DD had "clothing jags" like that, too. One favorite that got washed over and over! :rolleyes:

My DBIL is from Germany and his last name is very, very similar to your (maiden?) name!! We're taking my DNiece along next time and she really wants us to eat at Biergarten. (She's learning how to speak German and wants to talk with the CMs there!)

I'm a bit apprehensive because we usually don't eat German food. I'm sure my DH and my DNiece will be fine, but does the buffet have foods for pickier eaters?? Just wondering...

Glad you had some relaxing pool time. I've learned that we need to schedule more of that! ;)

Kathy

They did have macaroni and cheese. Plus apple dessert that was so good. Lots of odds and ends. I think you could find something. Ziesman is not the original spelling, it was changed when my ggrandpa came to America. It use to be Ziesemann or something close. My gma is a Zeutlau...just as German.

I am back from my long weekend away. And very disappointed after watching Jon and Kate Plus 8. We have never missed an episode. Ugh...I now get to explain divorce to my almost 5 year old.

Anyway...hopefully tomorrow I can upload our next day. I have so much reading to do!!!:surfweb:

They did have macaroni and cheese. Plus apple dessert that was so good. Lots of odds and ends. I think you could find something. Ziesman is not the original spelling, it was changed when my ggrandpa came to America. It use to be Ziesemann or something close. My gma is a Zeutlau...just as German.

I am back from my long weekend away. And very disappointed after watching Jon and Kate Plus 8. We have never missed an episode. Ugh...I now get to explain divorce to my almost 5 year old.

Anyway...hopefully tomorrow I can upload our next day. I have so much reading to do!!!:surfweb:

I hope your weekend was good. I am looking forward to more pics and report. I was bad this trip and didn't write anything down, I am having to go by memory and pictures......lol.

They did have macaroni and cheese. Plus apple dessert that was so good. Lots of odds and ends. I think you could find something...

Well, that's good to know! Thanks!

We may find ourselves doing the "Chicken Dance" in November!! :laughing:

Kathy

I will get on tonight and do an update after my kiddos go to bed. I put one of the kids to nap in our room so no computer during the day. I didn't write anything down either, but my brain remembers too much. The good, the bad, the ugly. Supper is calling me...or is that Austin I hear???

So once again my computer crashed in the middle of an upload. Ugh!

Day 4 Animal Kingdom

Can I just start by asking whose idea it was to meet here???just kidding, but if you came to the meet you know why I ask.

Upon leaving the AKL that morning we opened the doors and ran into a line. For the bus I asked myself? You have got to be kididng me. The bus stop is actually a short distance away from the AKL. I asked the lady in front of me and she said it was the line for the AK only. Oh, great...everyone else had the smae idea as us. Go to AK on EMH.

It took almost an hour to see this sign:
IMG_0245.jpg
And that is a long time from our hotel. The trip home was less than 10 minutes.

I started second guessing my clothing choice as soon as we got off the bus. It was already 90 degrees and white might not be the best color after all. (Think sweat) Yikes! We headed straight for this beautiful sight
IMG_0246.jpg
and then made a bee line for breakfast at the pizza place. I had breakfast pizza and it was pretty good. I can't remember what Jason even had. He was so hot he barely ate anything, though. We headed out and Jenny caught the sights of Lilo and Stitch. Luckily there were only about 4 people in line.

By this time we made our way back to wear the dis meet was happening: the safari. When we got there we were very early and we noticed the sign said 90 minute wait...so I went ahead and grabbed us a fastpass just to be safe. Then we went to Raffikis train ride. We never actually got off the train we just rode it there and back. We still had some time to kill before the meet so we headed to EE and got another set of fastpasses.

When we came back this time we saw Brandi and Kara waiting for us. They had decided against the safari ride since it was still burning hot and the line was still at 90 mins. We waited around and then took some group shots:
IMG_0257.jpg
IMG_0258.jpg
and then the future disers
IMG_0264.jpg
as you can tell Austin was just so excited to meet everyone
IMG_0262.jpg

Well I learned a lesson so I saved part way through this time...

Day 4 continued. After the meet Jason and I and the kids headed for the safari ride
IMG_0278.jpg
IMG_0277.jpg
IMG_0276.jpg
This was an awesome ride and we saw tons of animals...so don't listen when they say go in the morning. We went at noon. Then we headed for EE or did we???

I thought it sounded quiet as we approached and then someone told us the ride had broken down. Ugh! What now? The nice CM told us we could use our fastpass anytime that day. So we decided to run for the hills. Well actually our hotel room and get cooled off and come back at 5 since it was EMH after all. Jennys AK outfit...
IMG_0248.jpg

We headed back around 4:30 after everyone and I mean everyone napped. The place seemed like a ghost town after the mornings events. We went straight to EE
IMG_0300.jpg
and we both rode. When we came off we ran into Mike, Emily and Wendy. Emily invited me to ride again with her. Which was a great thing, the 1st time I rode in the front seat and it is just not as much fun as the back. Afterwards we headed to the Dino area and let Jenny ride the Dino ride
IMG_0304.jpg
IMG_0306.jpg
and play in the boneyard. Jason said that place was a nightmare, though as no one was watching their kids. Yikes! We did the dino one more time and then headed for some supper.

We decided on Flame Tree BBQ and wow. I had the BBQ sandwich and Jason actually had a cold sand. The baked beans were yummy and Jason said the coleslaw was good. I think Jenny had a hot dog. She was gushing over her minnie pin that a cm in line had given her to make her smile. She was a little worn out by then. We decided to call it a night after supper.

Up next our trip to DHS. Was there a High School Musical casting call for Jenny in the works???

I can't believe it took you an hour to get to AK from AKL! It only took us 15 min from the Poly!! I agree that our DIS meet could have been a little better and cooler in a different park!!:lmao:

Awwww! You have to send me that picture of Jenny and Emily! Emily was looking at your posts earlier and said, "Wook Momma, Dat's my best friend Yenny!" She loved playing with Jenny! I believe they are the future DISers!!:rotfl:

Can't wait to see more!

I'm so jealous, ya'll acutally had sunshine. I know it was hot though because Saturday and Sunday was pretty hot for us too. The picture of Jenny and Emily is so cute and Austin is doing my favorite thing,.........sleeping :cloud9:.

I'm sorry I missed the meet but kind of glad because that heat was AWFUL! I've decided that if it's 80 or above that AK is a bad idea!

Love Jenny's outfit!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter