1st trip as a Mommy!! 1st PTR - November 24 - 29!!! Can't wait!!

Ok, so there has been a few changes since my last update. So, I thought it might be best to give a rundown of the plans. Not to mention I think it will help me out as well. :)

So, Here goes:

11/22/12, Thursday - Pick up rental car. I know this is Thanksgiving, but since we were planning on leaving the day after Thanksgiving we decided to keep Thanksgiving very low key this year!! So, my DSD will be spending most of the day at her Mommy's house and I will spending the time packing up. Since we do not live too far from the Charlotte airport we are renting a car from there since they are open on the Holidays. We are renting an intermediate SUV because we have a great deal to pack just for the baby alone. We have to pack up his food, formula, toys, stroller, diapers, clothes and bed linens for the hotel PNP. I am glad we are getting the car the day before we leave so we can pack it up the night before. My DH will also try and see if he can take the car by the fire department to get DS's car seat put in the car. If they can do this I will definitely be sending him a pumpkin pie to give to the firefighters since they will be doing this for us on a Holiday! If not, he will take it by first thing in the morning to get put in, and then we will hit the road. I know we can put this in ourselves but we feel better with the fire department doing it since they have been trained in this area. :)

11/23/12, Friday - I would really like to get on the road as early as possible this day. DS is usually up no later than 6am so as soon as he is dressed and fed I would like to be getting on the road. However, we will see how that goes. I have already warned DH that morning I do not want any foot dragging. I:duck:

We want to make it as far South as possible this day, but at least to Savannah, GA which is the halfway point from here to Orlando. This all depends on my DS and how he does in the car. He is at the crawling age so he wants to be on the move as much as he can so I know we will be taking quite a few stops along the way for him to get out and move around. My DH asked me what if we make it all the way down there? I told him that would be GREAT and we would just stay at a hotel in Kissimmee and get up the next morning and go check in at AoA-LM. Leave our stuff there and hit the MK!! However, I honestly don't think we will make it that far down there, but girl can hope! We will stop for the night around 5:00 or so, that way I can keep DS somewhat on his normal schedule of eating at 6pm, bath and then in bed by 7:30pm.

11/24/12, Saturday - GET UP AND HEAD TO DISNEY!! No matter where we stay for the night we will get up and head to AoA. I'm sure we will be arriving before our room is ready (planning on doing online check-in), but we will leave the stuff there and go grab something to eat at the Resort (cause I am imagining us arriving around lunch time...if earlier then we will get something to eat at MK).

We will then head to the MK (I always like to start my trip there.) DSD wants Dumbo to be the first ride. I'm planning on this park being pretty crowded since people will still be there from their Thanksgiving break, but I'm fine with that. I'm looking forward to seeing the FLE!!

We have a 7:30 ADR at Crystal Palace and I'm anxious to see how my DS will react to the characters. He loves Winnie the Pooh so I'm hoping he will just be excited and not scared. :scared1:

[
Pooh1_zpsbb36c5b1.jpg
[/IMG]

I'm hoping to catch the parade and Wishes after dinner but if the kids are too tired we will catch these on a different night. I know it will have been a long day for them riding in the car and dealing with the excitement of everything!

11/25/12, Sunday -We will have breakfast in the room...since we are driving we can bring some breakfast munchies for the morning (none of us are really big bfast eaters anyway). I would love to make RD at the MK on this day. My DSD6 has never seen the show at the beginning so I would love for her to see this. The Park opens at 9am this morning so I know we will need to be out the door no later then 8am if we have any hope of making it to RD. Though we are staying onsite my DH would rather drive to the Parks. He hates the idea of having to depend on the bus for transportation. Honestly, I don't mind so much when we are going to MK because I absolutely love riding the monorail or ferry boat over to MK...it's part of the build up and I want to see my DSD's face when she sees the Castle for the first time.

We will head back to the Resort for a break around 2pm and a late lunch. I really want to make sure the kids get in some rest mid-day because I'm trying to avoid as many meltdowns as possible! After the break we will head over to EPCOT!

We will most likely spend most of our time in FW. I really want to make sure I get to ride Soarin' on this trip, but I know by the time we get there on this day all the FPs will be gone. We don't have any touring plans for this day so we will just go with the flow.

However, we do have a Dinner ADR at 8:15pm at Rose & Crown. I'm hoping for a little pixie dust this night and hope to get a seat outside so we catch Illuminations from our table. :wizard: My mother is very proud we are eating here since she is from England :)

This is probably the meal I am most worried about because it is so late. My DS is usually asleep about 7:30 so this will be past his bedtime. I'm expecting for my DH and I to take turns with him while the other one eats. This is another reason I would love to be able to sit outside...seems to be more room for the stroller in case he is asleep I would hate to have to take him out and have him wake up. Again another time we will just have to see how it goes.

11/26/12, Monday - We will be heading to Animal Kingdom this morning. They are having EMH this morning, but don't know if we will be able to make it that early.

DH wants to do EE again, so I will probably take the kids to check out the animals while he is doing that. My DSD has to do a project while she is on the trip for school so her absences will be counted as excused due to an educational trip. Her teacher and I decided that she could do a project on the animals she sees at AK. So, we will take some pictures and write down some information about each of them so she can include this in her class presentation.

We have a lunch ADR at Rainforest Cafe at 11am. I'm sure DSD is going to love this restaurant. Just hope it is not too overwhelming for DS. My DH and I ate here on our Disneymoon and he loved it and couldn't stop talking about how much Emma would love it! :)

We will probably spend a little more time at AK and then head back to the Resort for a break. We don't have anything else planned for this afternoon, so we will just wing it. We might go to DTD, resort hop or head back to a park. We see how the kids (and adults) are feeling.

11/27/12, Tuesday - So, this is the day my DSD has been waiting for, breakfast at Cinderella Royal Table. We have a breakfast ADR at 10:05am. We will get to take it easy this morning because we won't head to the MK until we are ready for our ADR. My DSD is planning on wearing her new Brave Dress to Breakfast.

I'm planning on bringing her a change of clothes for after breakfast because I know she will not be comfortable in the dress for long! I'm just struggling to figure out where to put the dress after she wears it...it's a bit bulky to keep in the stroller or our bookbag. I'm thinking about renting a locker and keeping it there until we head out of the park later that day.

We will spend a few hours at MK and then head back to the Resort for a break. We will grab a snack somewhere but nothing too big because we have an early dinner ADR at DHS.

After the Resort break we will head over to DHS. I'm hoping to get on Toy Story Mania at some point on this trip because every time I have gone before this the line has been outrageous!! So, pixie dust come my way, Baby!

We have an early dinner/late lunch ADR at Sci-Fi at 2:55pm...this was the one restaurant my DH said he wanted to eat at and of course it was the hardest reservation for me to find that is why it is at such a weird time. We are planning on sticking around for Fantasmic and then calling it a day after the show.

11/28/12, Wednesday - This will be our last day at the Parks. :( I will let DSD decide where we go for the morning, but I definitely want to make sure we spend the afternoon/evening at MK. I always love to start and end my trip at MK. We do not have any ADRs for this day, I just wanted it to be a laid back day since it will be our last day in the Parks.

I don't want to spend too much time even thinking about this day because I will be so sad that it is coming to an end!

11/29/12, Thursday - We will check out and start making our way back home on this day. However, we are planning on stopping off at the beach for a day on the way home. If it was up to me I would spend another day at the Parks, but I promised the DH we would see the beach at some point on this trip. :)

11/30/12, Friday - Beach Day

12/1/12, Saturday - Home :(

So, there it is...I have to be honest it is a bit overwhelming when I see it all typed out like this but I'm super excited and can't wait!!!!

Wow!! Two updates in a row...I impress myself. :)

So, I have washed up all the Disney clothes I have bought over the last few months and they are all ready to be packed away in the suitcases once they are dragged out. So, I decided to take some quick pictures (sorry for the quality...I had to use my phone camera). Also, please excuse the unmade bed...in the process of washing and changing out sheets. :laundy:
dresses_zps14bbc173.jpg

These are two of the dresses I found for my DSD6. The Minnie one she will wear to the Animal Kingdom because it has animal print..LOL. She will change into her Cinderella Dress after our breakfast at CRT (as I mentioned previously she is planning on wearing her brave dress to the actual bfast).

shirts_zps665b407a.jpg

Here are all her shirts we have gathered over the past few months for the trip. Now just to make sure we have bottoms for all of these...LOL

nightgowns_zps93479777.jpg

A girl always needs a few new nightgowns for a trip. :)

shortsets_zps3e0ea8ba.jpg

So, these are for my DS...he will be almost 10 months when we go. I call these his big boy outfits because they aren't onsies. :(

Onesies_zpsbfea079d.jpg

Here are his onesies we found for the trip..I'm planning on packing a few more of his regular ones because that boy can mess up an outfit in a heartbeat!!!

matchDad_zps40ca9444.jpg

Daddy and Joey's matching shirts!! :)

disneyonesies_zps393ff16e.jpg

I couldn't resist buying these for him. He will wear the Pooh one when we go to Crystal Palace, Mickey on our first morning at MK and Tigger at AK. I don't know how long he will last in these depending on the weather and also how quickly he messes them up. :)

I also got a couple shirts for myself, but they are not as cute as the kids clothes so I didn't bother posting them. LOL

I think I might have to break out the small suitcase for Joey and go ahead and pack his clothes up "to get them out of the way"...well at least that is what I will tell the DH. We are going to the Disney Store on 11/13 to pick up our copy of Brave and we will use our coupon we got for the pre-order to buy Emma the Cinderella suitcase she has had her eye on. Once we get that then I will have to get her clothes "out of the way" as well. :)

Hard to believe I only have a little over 3 weeks until we hit the road! Can't wait!!

So, I don't even know if anyone is reading along, but I have to say this PTR is at least helping me keep my thoughts straight (kinda). :)

Things have changed yet again, but in a very good way. DH and I had discused stopping off at the beach on the way home for a couple of nights, but after discussing the price DH suggested we just stay at WDW for another night and get a full day in at the Park. We have 5 day PH tickets and we were going use one of those days for our arrival day, but it would only have been a half a day but we were willing to take it. So, we thought it would be best to just spend our arrival day exploring AoA and making our way to Downtown Disney. Then getting the kids to bed early and hit the MK early the next morning for RD.

My biggest concern was that we would not be able to get a room at AoA-LM for our extra night which meant we would have to pack up everything and move it to another resort just for one night. Normally this wouldn't be too bad but with all the stuff we have for the kids it would be a nightmare.

As soon as the DH made the suggestion I picked up the phone and called Disney. With fingers and toes crossed the CM I got was so sweet. I told her we wanted to add a night to the end of our reservation and if at all possible we would like to remain at the LM section of AoA. We also had the FD so I wasn't sure if that would apply to the extra day since we were adding this on after the cut-off date. As she clicked away on her computer I was just hoping it would work out.......she came back and told me that Pixie Dust had flown into the room and we got a LM room for the extra night (so no packing up and leaving for just one night) AND the FD applied to our extra day as well!! I went ahead and paid for extra over the phone and we were all set.

Now, since this has occurred there has been some changes to our schedule. So, here is the new schedule (hoping it doesn't change too much):

11/23/12 - Leave NC and head to Orlando. We are planning on stopping in the Savannah, Brunswick or Kingsland, GA area. All depending on how the kids do with the driving.

11/24/12 - Head out and drive the rest of the way and check in at AoA. If room isn't ready we will grab some lunch at the resort. Hopefull, our room will be ready so we can unpack and then head to Downtown Disney. We will grab some dinner while there...thinking WPE. We will head back to the resort early to try and get a good night's rest.

We had ressies at CP, first this night but I cancelled them. I'm not too disappointed about it because this was for Joey and he's too little to understand anyway. However, I do want to make it a point to get his pictures taken with Pooh and Friends while we are there

11/25/12 - Head to MK for RD. We are now planning on spending the entire day at MK. We have a Lunch ADR for 1:30 at Liberty Tavern. We will have a QS dinner somewhere before heading out of the Park. We probably won't take a resort break this day since the park closes early (7pm) because of the Christmas Festivities. (we are still tossing around the idea of going to the MMVCP on our last day at the Parks, but haven't decided yet...it's a pretty big chunk of change).

We had ressies at R&C, but decided to cancel because it was such a late reservation and we were nervous the kids might have a breakdown at the restaurant and therefore ruin it for others around us.

11/26/12 - We are still planning on heading to AK on this day and we kept our Lunch ADR for Rainforest Cafe. We will head back to resort at some point for a rest around 3pm. Then we are planning on heading to EPCOT for the evening. We will grab a QS dinner and stay for Illuminations.

11/27/12 - We have a late Breakfast ADR (10:05) at CRT this morning. So, we won't head to the Parks until it's time to go to our ADR (hoping kids sleep in a bit). We will stay at MK until about 1pm at which time we will head for DHS. We have a late lunch ADR (2:55) at Sci-Fi. We will stay at DHS for the remainder of the day for Fantasmic and to check out the OL.

11/28/12 - The tentative plan for the morning is to head to EPCOT for the morning (I'm trying to plan so we hit each park at opening at some point during the trip). We will head over to MK around 1pm because we have a Lunch ADR (2:25) at the Plaza Restaurant. We will stay at MK for the remainder of the day and grab a QS Dinner somewhere. We will stay to see the parade and Wishes.

11/29/12 - We will head to DHS this morning and have a QS Lunch here. I'm hoping to finally ride TSM this trip!! If we decide to the MMVCP we will do it this night and head back to the resort for a good rest. If we don't do it, then we will head over the MK until it closes at 7pm. I would personally love to end our visit with the MMVCP but the price holds us back a bit, not to mention it being a late night for the kids.

11/30/12 - head home (don't even want to write anything about this). :(

So, that is where we stand for now. I will be able to do online check-in tomorrow!!! Woohoo!!

Please comment if you are reading along...hate to think this is just for me. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter