• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1st timer..how to get fast pass?

Tami and Bryan

Earning My Ears
I never been to DL and I am so excited. I feel like a 43 year old child.:cool1: My wife and I will be driving from Tucson to DL in about two weeks. We planned on buying the tickets at the gate. But how do we get fast pass?

Also, can I buy the tickets online and have them waiting at the main gate or is this not recommended? Is there a better way to buy tickets for Sept 19th and 20th?

Another question about weather....what if we get to DL and it is raining? How long are the tickets good for if not used?

you should look into getting your tickets online, you can get some discounts depending on what type of tickets you want.

if it rains GO TO THE PARK AND REJOICE! seriously, there will be NO crowds. our best trips have been when it was raining.

lastly, to get a fast pass is quite simple. you insert your ticket into the machine and it will spit out a pass. i recommend reading Hydro Guys tips on fast passes and the best way to use them. the best tip in my opinion is that you can use them AFTER they expire. we spend the morning collecting them and then use them in the afternoon/evening when the park seems to be busier.

enjoy your trip!

you should look into getting your tickets online, you can get some discounts depending on what type of tickets you want.

Online from where? The ones I've seen online offer a 4 dollar discount per ticket, but then want to charge you 10 dollars to ship them to you. Besides, I am not sure I have enough time to get them shipped to me seeing how our trip is for the 19th of this month. I have seed ebay sellers (with good ratings) that sell tickets and claim to deliver them to your hotel room..ever heard any info about these retailers bad or good?

Any place to purchase 2 2day hoppers online directly for DL and have them waiting for me? If not, EXACTLY how and where would you buy the tickets tot the 19th?

Thanks

How about printing your tickets right on your own computer?

If you purchase your tickets through the Disneyland website, you can actuallly print them out right at home.

When you get to DL, you turn these in at the turnstile at the park and they will give you a regular ticket in exchange for your printed out tickets.

You will need a printer and Acrobat Reader 4.0 or better downloaded on your computer.

I would have purchased mine this way but they had not started the program at the time I bought them.

Here is a link to DL's question and answer section regarding these E-tickets.

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/help/detail?name=BuyingTicketsHelpDetailPage

A little reassurance....I have used these print-out type of tickets at Universal Theme Parks and our local theme park and have never had a problem with them. In fact, I printed out our Front Of The Line tickets to Hollywood's Universal Studios for our trip this November and they are safely tucked away with our other theme park tickets right now.

How to use FP (basic):

When entering the park, you go to a FP attraction. You insert your park ticket in the FP machine and it will spit out a small slip of paper (just smaller than park tickets) with a return window. Go and enjoy other attractions and then return to that ride when the return window opens. Look on your FP slip to see when you can get your next FP set. Sometimes it's after the return window opens, sometimes it's 2 hours after obtaining the first set.

I never been to DL and I am so excited. I feel like a 43 year old child.:cool1: My wife and I will be driving from Tucson to DL in about two weeks. We planned on buying the tickets at the gate. But how do we get fast pass?

Also, can I buy the tickets online and have them waiting at the main gate or is this not recommended? Is there a better way to buy tickets for Sept 19th and 20th?

Another question about weather....what if we get to DL and it is raining? How long are the tickets good for if not used?

First off, September is the best time to go to Disneyland! We went last year and the only wait we had for the entire week was on Dumbo, and it was less than 10 minutes!!! Seriously! I wish we could go back this month too, it was the best time to visit.

The weather for us was great, mid 80's all week. Coming from Texas that might be cool for you, but us "Oregonians" it was warm!

Good luck, oh if the hotel you are staying in participates in the ART shuttles, take full advantage of it! Leave the car at the hotel and take the shuttle.

Heres the link: http://www.rideart.org/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter