1st time visitor - which park which day?

atomicgirl

Mouseketeer
Hello all! So glad to have stumbled across these boards!

We will be visiting DL for the first time in July...right after the holiday. We'll be there Sunday-Thursday, and reading all about MM/EE, different touring plans and park hours is doing my head in. Which days would be best to visit each park? I think I can plan our daily itinerary (with help from all the info I'm reading here!), but I'm not sure which park to be in! or maybe the question should be how should we hop through the parks?

additional info - we will have 4-day park hopper tickets. plan on staying offsite, but nearby (am in the middle of reading several hotel threads!) we are WDW vets, and can pull steady long days if we have to. kids are 8 & 10YO. they don't like coasters, but we do. not sure if we'll ever get out to CA ever again, so want to be able to see & do as much as possible. TIA! :)

The park hours & EE schedule is released online 6 weeks in advance. It'll give you a better idea on how you want to plan your days since they alternate which park has EE available day to day. I believe the parks open at 8am during peak periods. You definitely will want to take advantage of EE, especially in summertime as Fantasyland & Carsland fill up very quickly.

You'll find park hopping a breeze as compared to WDW. The parks are right across from each other on the same property. No shuttles necessary, they are literally steps away!
It might be smaller in comparison to WDW, but a lot of folks find it easier to navigate. Since it's unsure when you'll be able to come back, make the attractions unavailable at WDW a priority. The attractions that are at both parks may be different but you'll want to experience what you've never seen before.

Be sure you wave hello to Walt's apartment above the fire station on Main Street!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter