1st time..Just me and my DD..3n or 7n????

twinx4

DREAMS REALLY DO COME TRUE...WHEN YOU WISH UPON A
Hi :cool1:

Looking for advice. Me and my DD (13yrs) are considering taking our 1st cruise ever....and we decided to do it with Disney. We visit Disney World every year, but have yet to do the cruise. Since it will be our first time, I'm looking for advice on taking a short 3 night cruise or should we go for it and take a 7 night. Will 7 nights be too overwhelming? Or should we take it slow and do 3 just to break us in first. HMMM...then again it is Disney how can you go wrong. Price is not a problem.

Interested in hearing about those who have been in a similar situation. :goodvibes

Thank you

Me and my daughter had the BEST time when we cruised together 12/13/03 to 12/20/03, a 7 Eastern on Magic. It was her Christmas present from me to her, and so it was a more magical experience I think, since it was around Christmas. :wizard:

Of course she was only 3, and your's is 13....but I can't tell you how much fun we had. She had her play time, and mommy had her "play" time in the spa and at Palo.

Please pm me with any specific questions you may have, happy to answer. I think if you are going to go for it, then GO FOR IT, and do the 7. We are sailing again on the Magic 10/29, but Hubby is going this time.

Lynne

Hello! My daughter and I are sailing by ourselves on the 09/16/06 Costa Maya cruise. It is our first cruise ever also. When I was trying to decide between a 3, 4 or 7 night cruise, everyone advised me to take the 7 if money was not an issue. I have been assured that there is so much to do on Disney's ships that there is no way we will do everything that we will want to do evening on the 7 night. The people I have talked to have all said that the 3 and 4 night cruises are bitter sweet in that you always leave seriously wishing that you had had more time.

my vote is for the 7 day if you can afford it.. We get to take our first DisneyCruise next year... yeah... :cheer2: But we have cruised with Carnival and Royal Caribbean, mainly Carnival many times and we have done the 4 day, 5 day and 7 day.. it is true that with a lessor night stay you wont be able to do everything you probably want to do and the extra ports make it worthwhile.. I was contemplating doing a 3 night and then going to Disneyworld, but decided to do a straight 7 day cruise because I want to do the extra ports..

My DH DD and I did a Land and Sea for our first time - if I had to do it again - I would do a 7 day cruise - the Sea portion was far to fast for all of us. Our cruise was almost 3 yrs ago and DD still talks to the friends she made while on our cruise. We are cruising for 7 days in 2006 and DH states that after that cruise we will book a LONGER cruise!

:cool1:

Our first cruise ever was a Disney 7 night. We were a little hesitant at first about such a long cruise, but when it was over, we didn't want to leave the ship yet!! Go for the 7 night!

Suzy

We decided on a 4 day....3 days seems to short and 7 days seems to long for a first cruise. If you wind up liking the 4 day cruise you can always go on a 7 day cruise next time. If you wind up not enjoying the cruise (believe it or not, not everyone does) 7 days is a long time.

I really feel that 3 nights is just to short. I prefer 7 nights but 4 is doable also....

Thank you everyone for the very helpful advice. I'm going to try and go for it and take the 7 night cruise :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter