1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

1st Time Disney Cruiser - Port Canaveral Hotels?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by DisneyFans222, Jan 22, 2013.

1. DisneyFans222

DisneyFans222 There's a Mouse in our House :)

I am contemplating staying the night before my cruise at either the Renaissance or the Country Inn, taking advantage of their Park and Cruise package. Would love to hear from others as to which one you think is more preferable. Thanks so much! :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Disneygirl NY

Disneygirl NY Mouseketeer

We stayed at the Country Inn and Suites before our cruise in 2011 and we are checking in again tomorrow before our next cruise on Thursday. This was a great hotel - clean, good service, reliable shuttles to port. in 2011 my brother and sister in law left their car during the cruise, and there was no charge at the time. No issues, everything worked out well, but now from what I've read they do charge for leaving your car. They have a nice free breakfast, waffle maker and other hot foods, not just bagels and muffins.
    I have not stayed at Renaissance, but wanted to voice my opinion that the Country Inn is a good hotel and we are return customers!

4. DisneyFans222

Disneygirl NY,

Thanks so much for your sharing your experience and additional information! I am a bit on the fence as to whether I should drive up early that morning (3 hrs) or drive us up the day before. The parking is included with the package room rate, which is an attractive plus...as I don't have to worry about any delays on the day of which may mean I could "miss the boat" :)

Thanks again for your vote!

5. DLBDS

DLBDS Loves that Sweetened Condensed Milk

I've stayed at CI&S as well. The parking was free then but not anymore. Great place and really close to the cruise terminal. We're staying here again in March/April.

6. NC State

NC State DIS Veteran

Wow what a great question. I was planning to post the same question. Based on Country Inns & Suites' web site they are still offering free parking during your cruise time. I guess I will need to call and ask. Could someone recommend another place to stay? I'm looking to stay one night on 9/7/13.

7. staley98

staley98 The Mouse makes me feel like a little girl again!

We are staying at C I & S the night before our cruise in June. Our TA recommended it, but we did pay a fee (maybe $79) to add land & sea. It was still cheaper than parking at the port for a seven night cruise. Yesterday, someone posted on another thread that they got free parking by booking through a website...maybe Hotwire?

8. Hashim

Hashim Earning My Ears

We stayed at "BEST WESTERN Ocean Beach Hotel & Suites":
    - Great location
    - Very good price ($100 for a 2 Queen Beds room - Cruise special rate)
    - They offered us a discount voucher for the terminal parking.
    - Free wireless interenet
    - Free breakfast

9. DisneyFans222

Thanks to all for your input! I finally booked the Marriott Courtyard in Cocoa Beach and got a decent AAA discount. They offer a Park and Cruise package as well. I will report back after the cruise with details :)

10. marciagms

marciagms Mouseketeer

We booked Four Points by Sheraton Cocoa Beach. I would love to hear any feedback from past cruisers. We set sail in just a few short weeks. SO EXCITED!! !:cool1: