1st post - need help

DisneyHoosier36

Earning My Ears
Please help me pick two out the following three:

Boma
Kona
Sanaa

We are a family of four with a 17 year old girl and 14 year old boy. Thanks in advance for any help.

We've only eaten at Boma, but we love it! We are eating there again this August. We have two teens also - one picky and one extremely adventurous. The great thing about Boma, IMO, is that it keeps everyone happy with the variety of food offered. I especially enjoyed the soups offered. The zebra domes are famous here (I just think that they are 'ok'); but I did enjoy the other desserts offered here. While I can't help you with the other two choices, I would definitely recommend that you keep Boma as one of your choices. The atmosphere is really unique as well. After dinner we enjoy watching the animals - I've heard that if you are there and it's dark you can ask for night vision glasses. Such a beautiful resort:-)

We also love Boma! First on our list for next year :)
Haven't tried the others but our plan is bread service and drinks at Sanaa, walk around the lodge for a bit, and then dinner at Boma

What meals? Boma and Kona serve breakfast and dinner. Kona may serve lunch ....

We have eaten at Boma for both breakfast and dinner, and like it a lot for both.

We tried Sanaa last trip for dinner and really loved it. The food is really good.

We have only tried Kona for breakfast and were pretty disappointed. It was average.

Which parks are you going to on the days you're looking to book these ADRs? That information will help too.

Thanks for the replies. It looks like Boma is a must. All meals will be for dinner. We will be in AK and HS the days of these ADRs.

Thanks for the replies. It looks like Boma is a must. All meals will be for dinner. We will be in AK and HS the days of these ADRs.
I love Boma for dinner. It's a really diverse buffet: lots of meats, sauces, vegetable dishes, salads, soups, hummuses and tons of desserts. There's also a kid section with traditional favorites. It's really a one of a kind place ... and I adore the AKL. It's a stunning resort.

Sanaa also has some exotic flavors, but it's more Indian influenced. The bread service with the dipping sauces is a must. We sprung for all the dipping sauces. It was a fun and delicious appetizer. If you go early enough, you can view animals, but we were a little disappointed in that aspect of things.

I read lots of good reviews of Kona for dinner. I haven't ever been there myself, though.

First, welcome to the DIS. Hopefully you will find a treasure trove of information here, I know I have ; )

Onto your question, I'm not a big buffet fan so Boma would be out in my book but we absolutely love Sanna. The food is amazing and the atmosphere can't be beat. We're huge Kona fans too, but we've only done breakfast and not dinner.

We are big fans of both Boma and Sanaa. Kona was just OK. I'd definitely do either Boma or Sanaa for dinner on your AK day. But unless you are not planning to go back to the park after dinner, I wouldn't do any of those on your DHS day. You'd waste too much time just travelling back and forth.

Owe are staying for a week and this will only be a half day in HS so the drive won't be a problem. Looks like it's between Kona and Sanaa for our last dinner reservation. Boma is booked and set. Thanks

Owe are staying for a week and this will only be a half day in HS so the drive won't be a problem. Looks like it's between Kona and Sanaa for our last dinner reservation. Boma is booked and set. Thanks
The only thing I'll say is that the flavors at Boma and Sanaa are similar - not the same at all - but warm spices and the like. So, Kona would give you a completely different flavor profile.

That said, Boma and Sanaa back to back would be fine with me, and if I were choosing between Sanaa and Kona (even with Boma booked on another day), the choice would be easy. I'd pick Sanaa.

Boma for sure! I prefer supper.

Kona for breakfast isn't bad; just be aware that their signature dishes are very, very sweet.

I give a slight edge to Kona for lunch or supper over Saana, but both are good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter