1st Floor Rooms???

luvchip

Mouseketeer
Has anyone noticed the first floor rooms to be musty?? We stayed past August at BW and were given a 1st floor room. I walked in and within 5 minutes my nose became stuffy and had a strong musty odor. We were given a different room. This August we are staying at POFQ and have requested a 1st floor due to having 4 small children in our party and just curious if this was a one time situation or is this common at all resorts on the 1st floor??

We had a first floor room at one of the Jazz buildings at AS Music and did not notice any smell. In 06 we had a second floor room at POFQ and had no smell. Plus, that resort is about 3-4 years post renovation, so you should be okay.

We had a 1st floor room in POLY and it was very nice(was a rehabbed one) no must.

A few years ago we had a first floor BCV room (NS) but people had been smoking on the patio and if you left the doors open in the morning with the damp air, the whole room smelled musty/smokey/dirty...maybe this is what happened to you.

We have stayed at the Poly for the past 5 years, before and after the big rehab, in a first floor room. No must issues, just that great Disney smell.

We always request top floor rooms but on our stay in January at Pop Century, we were placed ground floor; and we're quite surprised! It honestly wasn't as bad as I thought.

We didn't notice any odd smells but I will say that when they came to pressure wash the walkways/doorways... water leaked into the room to the point where we had a pretty good sized puddle in front of the door :confused3 It dried, but I can't imagine water build up like that is any good for the carpet and/or pad.

The BW is an "older" resort that really hasn't seen any form of a rehab since opening. It wouldn't surprise me if a mix of the elements from the balcony and past wear and tear from the guests all combined to make a musty smell.

As another poster said POFQ was recently refurbished (within the last 5 years) and you shouldn't have an issue. To better your chances of a "smell free" room, I'd suggest asking for a room that was non smoking before the 6/1 change over. Some smoking rooms that have been converted do still have that musty smell to them.

We were put in a 1st floor room at the BC and it was in bad shape....we asked to move! It was very musty, but I will say that it was near the wooded area so I wondered if that had anything to do with it. They were very nice and moved us immediately!

We were in a 1st floor room at POFQ in April and every night I became stuffed up shortly after going to bed. I assumed it was the a/c unit, but I'm not sure what caused it.

We had a 1st floor room at CS and i didn't notice anything different then any of the other rooms in the resort except that it didn't have a balcony.

We stayed ground floor at YC in Oct and it was fantasic, no musty odor at all

We stayed in a first floor room at WL this summer and a first floor room at the Poly two weeks ago. No smell in either, and believe me - someone in our family would have noticed or had a reaction.

Hope you have better luck this time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter