• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1st Cruise, 1st TR: A Tale of a Little Sea Sickness (Or A Lot) - Fantasy Jan '15 [COMPLETED July 11]

jesterrific

Mouseketeer
An intro and a bit of background info before we get started!

Hi guys! Welcome to my very first trip report! I've been wanting to do one for a while but haven't had the chance to get it started. So here we go!

This trip report is of our 7 Night Eastern Caribbean Disney Cruise on the Fantasy (Jan 31 to Feb 7 2015) and our few days at WDW following the cruise. The cruise made three stops: St Maarten, San Juan, and Castaway Cay. The resorts we stayed at prior to and after the cruise were Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge, and Animal Kingdom Lodge

Alright! To get us started: My name is Jessica, and my SO is Glendon. We have been together since December of 2013. Since we started being together and leading up to this trip, we have only done two prior Disney trips together: One to Disneyland on our own, and one to Disney World with a couple of our friends. Glendon’s parents are Disney Vacation Club members so we get to book using their points for resort stays. (Glendon and his family have been members for quite a while, so they have gone to Disney many times, including already doing 3 Disney cruises)

xXbIXkf.jpg

Glendon and Jessica!

We originally booked this cruise vacation with another couple (one of Glendon’s best friends and his girlfriend), meaning this would basically be a couples cruise. Long story short… we had already put down our deposit but then some life-stuff happened (oops no longer a couples trip...) and in the end we invited Glendon’s other best friend to fill an empty spot. SO it became Glendon and his two best friends, and me!

TWqcXO9.jpg

Here we are! Sam, Theo, Glendon, and Jessica!

So now that we have names to faces… all four of us are from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. We are most famous for our mall (West Edmonton Mall)…. which when it opened and for quite a while, was known as the largest mall in the world. We were also listed in National Geographic’s top 10 places to visit during the summer for 2015.

http://travel.nationalgeographic.co...-street-performers-festival_90109_600x450.jpg

gWSSIPw.jpg

lus1HV5.jpg

World Water Park! I might be a tad biased since I grew up with this and I’ve only really only ever been to maybe a handful of other large waterparks in the world… but so far this is still my absolute favourite Water Park even though it’s indoors (part of my bias I think… because we can still go in the middle of winter!)

xAudh5v.jpg

Of course this is where I first fell in love with rides! Funny story regarding Galaxyland (Also located inside our big mall): when it first opened, it was called Fantasyland. You got it: just like everyone’s favourite “land” in Disneyland. They got sued, and of course lost the lawsuit and the name was changed to Galaxyland and all the theming became space and galaxy as you can see. (The luxe hotel in the mall is still called Fantasyland Hotel though. The rooms in the hotel are all modelled after a different theme)

pK1Lulo.jpg

Our North Saskatchewan River Valley is the largest stretch of urban parkland in North America.

SO! Enough of our city, and back to us:

In case you guys were wondering what us “young” folks do…
Glendon is a tech guy. I am a makeup artist. Theo works in child and youth care. And Sam is a chef. A bit of extra background info: I am the only one in the group with an allergy: dairy. This is why I love going to Disney, they are always more than accommodating when it comes to allergies!
This cruise for the each of us (with the exception of Glendon) would have been our very first cruise ever!
Last bit of background info: I knew I would very likely get seasick, so Glendon’s mom (who previously got pretty seasick on the repositioning cruise they went on) gave me these patches to put behind my ear. (If you’ve been on a cruise before you’ll know that these are pretty popular. I saw tons of people wearing them.)

Okay! Hope you guys will bear with me as this is my very first trip report. Hope you all enjoy and subscribe as all of this comes together!

Here are some random photos from this trip for a mini preview:
rOvMJVG.jpg

F12GKxM.jpg

bj4uNnE.jpg

cj5rpbC.jpg

oSxfK3r.jpg

EekIyTO.jpg

o0mDjTa.jpg

Last edited:
1st Cruise, 1st Trip Report: A Tale of a Little Bit of Sea Sickness (Or A Lot): Table of Contents!

Alright so the outline of our trip! (Tentative. Will update as my posts go)

January 30, 2015 to February 13, 2015
  • Pre-cruise day of travel and night at the Grand Floridian
  • Cruise Day 1: Port Canaveral
  • Cruise Day 2: Day at Sea
  • Cruise Day 3: Day at Sea
  • Cruise Day 4: St. Maarten!
  • Cruise Day 5: San Juan
  • Cruise Day 6: Day at Sea
  • Cruise Day 7: Castaway Cay!
  • Disembark Day, and our day in Walt Disney World
  • Additional Day at WDW
  • Extended Two Days at WDW and then head home
January 30
Pre-cruise day (Travelling, Night at Epcot, Grand Floridian, Downtown Disney)

January 31
Day 1 - Port Canaveral (Worst car ride ever… but the port is beautiful! First Impressions of the ship)

February 1
Day 2 - Day at Sea

February 2
Day 3 - Day at Sea

February 3
Day 4 - St. Maarten (with Palo dinner and Pirate night)

February 4
Day 5 - San Juan

February 5
Day 6 [Part 1] - Day at Sea with Remy Brunch
Day 6 [Part 2] - Day at Sea

February 6
Day 7 [Part 1] - Castaway Cay
Day 7 [Part 2] - Castaway Cay Day, Back on Board

February 7
Disembarkation Day and day at Walt Disney World [Part 1 WDW photos recap]

February 8 - 12
Post cruise days at all of Walt Disney World [Part 2 WDW photos recap]

Last edited:
1st Cruise, 1st Trip Report: A Tale of a Little Bit of Sea Sickness (Or A Lot): Pre-Cruise!

Pre-Cruise Day of Travel! (Mostly just text and background info.) Grand Floridian, Epcot, and Raglan Road
Preparing for our vacation… I am a terrible procrastinator so that means literally up until the moment we had to leave… I was still packing. We signed up to do fish extenders on our cruise (Glendon had never done one before on any of his past cruises but was so intrigued and I love crafts so we decided to sign our whole cabin up!) and basically I was working on our actual fish extender until it was time to go. Terrible decision.

But here is our simple, my first ever, Fish Extender. I made Sam and Theo’s detachable so that Glendon and I could reuse ours for any future cruises!

LCEHdrbl.jpg

I actually never got a picture of it fully completed, but I think you guys can guess which character each of us chose?
Since this was my very first Fish Extender experience, I wasn’t really sure what kind of gifts to give out. We ended up doing some store bought small things, some crafted items…
[Aside: My learning experience from this was: it was very difficult keeping track of everything and in the end it got a bit expensive. But even after all the energy and effort I put into this project… some of the gifts we received were just beyond amazing and I felt all of what we gave out was just a touch basic!]

SO! Glendon and I had an early morning flight so we decided that it was best to just get a ride late at night around midnight since the person driving us to the airport had to work the next morning. It was a bit of a nightmare, since we totally forgot that all the ticketing centres and check in desks close for the night and don’t reopen for a few hours. We tried to rest and nap on the benches, but we just felt weird. When we were finally able to check in… turns out our United seats got bumped and we ended up being on standby. We didn’t anticipate this and did not realize our tickets were susceptible to becoming standby… BUT we got miraculously lucky, and the ticketing agent worked really hard to get us onto the flight, and we got the okay that we were on!
We are lucky here in Edmonton that we have a US Customs right at our airport, so we did all our customs prior to leaving. At the gate, we decided to have some breakfast at the Chili’s to go. (Glendon is strangely obsessed with the Chili’s to go for breakfast.)

T9yCSO6l.jpg

Not bad for the start of our travel day, I’d say

HGiG6mol.jpg

Our tired faces. Yeah, I took my leftover breakfast to go…

Since our tickets were originally on standby, our boarding group was one of the last ones, and we ended up being one of the last few people to board the plane. When we got to our seats (we hadn’t flown an updated United flight yet…) I was impressed with how much leg room we had. This was nice since Glendon has pretty long legs and he usually finds airplane economy seats to be fairly cramped. I’m short so it never matters all that much to me. We sat down and I said out loud “Wow! I didn’t realize this flight had such good foot room for the seats!” and I turned around and immediately noticed that the knees of the people behind us were basically touching our seats. What the… why are they so cramped? Now I feel bad for saying that out loud and I was pretty sure they heard me.

N9edbQ4.jpg

That was when I realized that we ended up in the Economy Plus seats. Aka: more leg room. For a short girl like me, this is a LOT of space!

We did our transfer in Denver, with only a small layover so we didn’t have time to do anything except make our way to our next flight. We didn’t get the nice little upgrade this time and sat in regular economy.
Arrived in Orlando and caught our Disney Magical Express to the Grand Floridian Resort and Spa.
(Background info… on our previous trip we had too many problems with too many things, and decided to bring up our issues with Disney. They were over the top and decided to compensate us with one night of resort stay free. We decided to use the one night for this night so all of us would get the free night of hotel prior to the cruise. Somehow, we ended up getting a concierge room.)
This was our very first time staying at the Grand Floridian, something we’d been wanting to try for a while since it’s so beautiful and right next to the Magic Kingdom.

XkO1Bek.jpg

Arrived safe and sound

(The last time we were at WDW we upgraded our passes to an annual pass knowing we were going to be here at this time.)
Because we had our annual passes, we decided to spend the evening in Epcot while we waited for Sam and Theo to each arrive at the airport from their separate flights.
We had pre-booked our fast pass for Test Track this night and went to go ride that. Our very first ride since getting off the plane. It felt faster than we remembered haha and the perfect amount of teeny thrill.

F3WwNPx.jpg

Spaceship Earth!

faW8mHq.jpg

Rode the monorail back to the hotel because we got the text from Sam telling us he was on his Magical Express to the hotel. Caught the fireworks show from the monorail.

Since we were coming from Canada in the middle of winter, I was expecting this vacation to be HOT. Being a novice February Florida traveller, I did not realize that the nights actually get quite chilly. We didn’t really pack a lot of warm clothes other than what we wore from Edmonton.
I have this weird thing, where if the hotel we stay at (any hotel anywhere…) has a pool, I basically HAVE to go and swim in it. However, we got in too late and the pool was about to close. Plus it was actually very cold out.

QkdwT4d.jpg

That didn’t stop me from at least stopping by and take in its bliss though! *Sigh I can only imagine swimming in here during the day time in the sun…

2Ozkzbn.jpg

Walking around, we wondered what the commotion was and when we looked there was Cinderella and Prince Charming dancing!

SGRZZwJ.jpg

Walked passed this in the hotel right as my parents texted me for us to have a good trip.

Theo finally made it in while we were wandering the hotel, and so we went to meet him. This was my first time doing concierge, and I was really excited that we had a private lounge and late-night snacks area. That was where Theo waited for us and we snacked on some goodies and water.

NSZbJx2.jpg

Can’t even imagine how excited I was to just eat a fruit tart. FREE FRUIT TARTS?! REALLY?! OKAY!!!!!! HURRAY! (I'm not really supposed to eat this... but when it's free because you're staying concierge... you can't really get it for free else wise right? I kind of had to eat it..)

We also received a huge gift basket in our room with chocolate and treats and cookies. Including a pack of vegan cookies. Which mean they are dairy free. I devoured those before we even left the room.
After taking advantage of our one night of concierge perks, we decided to head out to Downtown Disney before all the restaurants closed so we could grab some late night dining.
We went to Raglan Road, one of Glendon and I’s go-to food stops in Downtown Disney. I have a dairy allergy (a reason I absolutely LOVE staying Disney: they are super accommodating, even the non-disney owned, but affiliated, joints like Raglan Road) and they make their dairy free options very tasty for me. Glendon and I shared the Scallop Forest and a plate of Fish and Chips yum yum yum.

When we got back to the hotel, just before bed I stuck on the motion-sickness patch behind my ear. Glendon’s mom told me to put it on the night before the cruise so that it could start working, and I didn’t bother to read the instructions.
Little did I know… this was the start of the most terrible experience I ever put my body through.
Basically… it began overnight while I had the most awful sleep. I could feel my body seizing up, and all night long I suppressed the need to vomit.

Last edited:

I'm signing on too!! I love GF! Never thought I would like it there but it's pretty great!!

I'm just like you! Even though I live in FL and have a pool/hot tub at my apt, I still like using the hotel/resort ones!

Sorry you got sick!!! Ive never used the sea sick patch

1st Cruise, 1st Trip Report: A Tale of a Little Bit of Sea Sickness (Or A Lot): Cruise Day 1!
Cruise Day 1!!!! Port Canaveral

[ WARNING: I was sick. ]
I woke up feeling like absolute garbage. Hardly got any sleep since I spent my entire night resisting the urge to throw up… I was scared that if I had a bug or something and threw up, they wouldn’t let me on the ship… Glendon had told me that they check you before you get on so if you have any of the contagious bugs they don’t let you on and infect everyone. So I had it drilled in my brain DON’T THROW UP THEY MIGHT NOT LET YOU ON!!!
I hate throwing up. I don’t know anyone who likes it… but if I can help it I will resist the urge and pray that it passes so I don’t actually throw up. I couldn’t do it. It basically came up all on its own and I nearly didn’t make it to the toilet before all of my fried seafood from the night before came up and out. It kept coming and coming until my stomach cramped and it felt like it was entirely void of any of the substances I ate the night before. I did not feel good. I didn’t know what was happening to my body, and I was worried that I had food poisoning. But Glendon and I literally shared our food and he was perfectly fine. This was when I decided to read the pamphlet of instructions that came with the patches. “Apply 4 hours before your intended departure” uh oh. I applied it the night before… slept for a good 8 hours… and then there will be another 6 hours or so before our boat actually leaves the port. I am reacting very badly to these patches. My immediate instinct was to rip it off.
Which ended up being another bad decision that I didn’t understand until later on. I ended up being dizzy out of my mind and disoriented and just… unwell.

Whoozy like no tomorrow, the guys helped me with my luggage and we went to go meet up with our Happy Limo driver. We got a very large car, an SUV with three rows of seats. Glendon and I took over the last row so I could relax while Sam and Theo sat in the middle row. Happy Limo is awesome and we loved their service. I tried to sleep off my dizziness, but just like when I woke up… it just came up on its own.

[WARNING: I was sick again…] I threw up into my mouth, and I nearly spewed it everywhere but I somehow managed to hold it all in my mouth while I emptied out a large ziplock bag holding toiletries. Expelled all my throw up into said ziplock bag. This time… it was no longer any of the partially digested food but pure bile. Neon green bile. and it kept going. I literally didn’t think this was possible. It is kind of the worst thing ever to be basically puking your guts out in the back of a service car into your bag… as silently as possible because that’ just gross and I didn’t want anyone to know what was happening.

The guys did a grocery stop to pick up some alcohol and snacks, and I had to tell Glendon I couldn’t go in because I was dizzy and puking. But please get me a new plastic bag… and some napkins.
While they were inside I read the pamphlet again and read the side effects. Which included, upon removal of patch you may feel disoriented and dizzy while adjusting to being back on land. Dang. I didn’t know what would have been a better option for me, to have ripped the patch off like I did or to have left it on and eventually let my body get used to the imbalances… Too late now.

We get to the port, and it’s absolutely beautiful. (I had to throw away my ziplock baggy of neon green fluid… that was pretty nasty) and we made our way in through security. We had an early port arrival time so we got to go straight in basically.
I collect pressed pennies so I was very happy to go and make the one featuring the Fantasy.

13LEjVw.jpg

There’s our very cute ship!

When we walked onto the ship and got asked for our family name… we panicked since we’re just a bunch of friends going together…. and told them they could call us the Friendship family. We laughed ourselves silly at that for the rest of the cruise… the Friendship family…

While we waited for our stateroom to get ready we planned on changing into bathing suits and ride the AquaDuck and explore!
I was still not feeling well, and it was actually a bit chilly, so I decided to just sit aside and watch our carry on bags while the guys went ahead and rode the AquaDuck.

xsRyGwN.jpg

Being sick didn’t stop me from enjoying the amazing feeling of being on the ship!!!

F5oC9aK.jpg

Here is Glendon riding by himself since I couldn’t ride… He was SO absorbed in taking in the ship he didn’t even remember to look for me on deck while I waved at him!!!

sRTN536.jpg

Sam and Theo waved though!

The guys rode a few more times and went and pooled a bit while I was weak and fell asleep on the deck chair. Finally our stateroom was ready so we headed there to get a feel of our room. I forgot to take a photo of our room, but we had a Deluxe Family Stateroom with Ocean View, Category 8B… For some reason I cannot for the life of me remember our actual stateroom number. But basically… it was a room with the large porthole window. I thought it was awesome! We had our muster drill and we were in the Walt Disney Theatre. After that was all done, I basically went back to the room and passed out. The guys went and did the tour of the boat and visited all the areas that aren’t normally open to adults. Then they got ready for dinner, and I couldn’t get out of bed… So they had their turtle talk with Crush dinner at Animator’s Palette while I slept. Waking up to the sway of the boat… made me actually sea sick now… so I had a ginger ale ordered and slept all night. The guys watched Aladdin, and really enjoyed that.

DX9fKQl.jpg

The guys exploring The Tube.

ToLQylY.jpg

Glendon took photos of the deck on his way back and I basically cried inside that I couldn’t get out of bed to enjoy this with them all.

Last edited:
I'm signing on too!! I love GF! Never thought I would like it there but it's pretty great!!

I'm just like you! Even though I live in FL and have a pool/hot tub at my apt, I still like using the hotel/resort ones!

Sorry you got sick!!! Ive never used the sea sick patch

Yeah, thank goodness we didn't have to pay $1000+ USD for that one night at the GF. If only we could have stayed there longer...

Sickness :(

Oh My Goodness!! I'm so sorry!!! I've never used the patch for the cruise so I can't relate but I doubt I would use one now! I've taken the non-drowsy medication and one dose of that was fine. Hopefully it gets better!!

Found this report today, enjoying your story so far. Sorry you had a reaction to the patch. I have used it many times in the past and never had a problem other than maybe a little headache and dry mouth.

That's great that they comped you a room for your issues. Awesome that you were able to stay at the Grand in a concierge room and that it didn't have to be in a cheaper room.

1st Cruise, 1st Trip Report: A Tale of a Little Bit of Sea Sickness (Or A Lot): Cruise Day 2!

Cruise Day 2: Our First Day at Sea!

[Pre post info: sadly this one will be a short one. Didn’t get a chance to take many photos this day.]

Unfortunately, waking up in a swaying boat after falling asleep to sea sickness…. meant I was basically still sea sick. My stomach still wasn’t feeling the best and I had now thrown up from being ill from the sway of the boat instead of from the patches. I decided to pass up on breakfast and lunch, and spent most of my day in bed.

The boys spent the day exploring the ship some more and relaxing on deck, played some trivia games. Unfortunately, no one took any photos so I don’t have any to insert here.

This night was Captain’s Night, so everyone got dressed in their spiffiest outfits. I loved this so much. None of us brought anything too fancy, we didn’t even get any photos taken on the ship. But some of the families went all out and we definitely saw a few ballgowns and all the little princesses and princes were just adorable.

Finally I made it to my very first meal on the ship. It took only a little bit longer to come out than everyone else’s due to my allergy, but it was worth the wait. (This didn’t happen for any of my future meals, because they brought out the next nights’ menus to me at the end of each meal and I pre-ordered my food so they can prepare it separately before our dinner starts)

OknMsf0.jpg

Scallops with asparagus and bean salad at Enchanted Garden

This was the night the Super Bowl was on, and it was being played in both the theatre as well as on Tunnel Vision. Theo is a HUGE Seahawks fan, so he got his dinner rushed so he could cut out early to catch the entirety of the game. We managed to finish not that much later, and met up with him in the Theatre. During time between plays, since we weren’t getting any commercials, cast members on the ship were doing trivia for prizes. It was quite fun. Too bad I don’t know much trivia on the NFL haha. When it was time for the third quarter we decided to move up onto deck (I was starting to feel woozy again from being inside so long, and being on deck helps with the open air.)

DxxjblL.jpg

Have to admit, it is a lot of fun and pretty dang cool to be watching the Super Bowl in the middle of the deck!

dPSrhwi.jpg

The deck was FULL of people!!!

IYbgkz1.jpg

On board selfie of G and I

After the game ended (we need not mention the end result haha…) we wandered the ship a bit to see if there were anymore people still dressed in their gala wear.

xv5L2qR.jpg

WoYLCVM.jpg

The ship is truly so beautiful.

We ended up on deck 4, just to check out the “running deck” and the boys ended up deciding on playing some shuffle board. I sat on a chair and just took in how lovely and relaxing it was to just be there.

MtrxqhO.jpg

In all honesty none of us knew how to play shuffle board, so the guys just came up with their own rules. They ended up playing what seemed like an infinite amount of “games” until the guys decided they wanted to catch the last showing of Big Hero 6 in the Buena Vista Theater to end their night.

Following! I'm so excited to read more about the Fantasy! We'll be on her on February 20th for Star Wars Day at Sea!
Sorry you got so sick! Do you know what kind of medication is in those patches?
I took bonine once last year and I felt great (but our ship was not rocking that much). This year I am bringing some sea bands just in case too.
Glad you got to partake of your first meal on the ship though! Which was your favorite dining room?
Looking forward to more!

Sorry to hear that you were so sick. It sounds like you kept your spirits up as much as possible, though. I'm glad you were able to enjoy the time out of the decks.

Following! I'm so excited to read more about the Fantasy! We'll be on her on February 20th for Star Wars Day at Sea!
Sorry you got so sick! Do you know what kind of medication is in those patches?
I took bonine once last year and I felt great (but our ship was not rocking that much). This year I am bringing some sea bands just in case too.
Glad you got to partake of your first meal on the ship though! Which was your favorite dining room?
Looking forward to more!

Thanks for the reply! I'm not sure what was in the patches, I think they're called Transderm and you have to get it from the pharmacist. I don't think it's available over the counter. Not in Canada, anyways. I'm also bringing the bands for my coming cruise! Hope the Star Wars one is amazing!

I actually didn't have a preference for the dining rooms! Aside from the up charge ones, anyways. I THINK maybe enchanted garden might be my favourite haha.

Thanks for the reply! I'm not sure what was in the patches, I think they're called Transderm and you have to get it from the pharmacist. I don't think it's available over the counter. Not in Canada, anyways. I'm also bringing the bands for my coming cruise! Hope the Star Wars one is amazing!

I actually didn't have a preference for the dining rooms! Aside from the up charge ones, anyways. I THINK maybe enchanted garden might be my favourite haha.

My guess is the patch was Scopolamine. Transderm(al) is the route of delivery. Scopolamine is an anticholenergic medication used to treat nausea. The usual side effects are dry mouth and tachycardia, but some people have unusual reactions to medications so it is certainly possible it made you ill.

Regardless, I am so sorry you were so violently ill on your vacation. I am enjoying your trip report and hope things got better for you;-)

Oh My Goodness!! I'm so sorry!!! I've never used the patch for the cruise so I can't relate but I doubt I would use one now! I've taken the non-drowsy medication and one dose of that was fine. Hopefully it gets better!!
I used the patch once. I get motion sickness on some attractions at WDW so I tried it and had the same reaction. I use meclazine with good results.

1st Cruise, 1st Trip Report: A Tale of a Little Bit of Sea Sickness (Or A Lot): Cruise Day 3!

Cruise Day 3: Second Day at Sea!

Hurray! When I woke up this day I finally had an actual appetite and decided to go ahead and have a late lunch (I definitely slept in and took a little longer to get ready than I normally would..)
SO I met up with the guys who were finishing their lunch at Cabana’s and I got to eat my very first lunch! I got to choose all the stuff that looked delicious.

JzL5Hky.jpg

My weird lunch assortment.

After lunch, the guys had signed up for a beer tasting so they made their way down to O’Gills while I went up onto deck. It was everything I imagined being on a cruise would be like. I laid down on a deck chair, took in the sun, read my book, and watched Hercules on Funnel Vision. What a nice treat, since I hadn’t seen Hercules in years!

r0FsSS6.jpg

Hercules on Funnel Vision

kqbN3Lc.jpg

Finally happy after being sick for so long!

tC9aOJI.jpg

Beautiful blue on blue day out at sea

lHXKuhO.jpg

Glendon came to visit me after they finished their beer tasting. I kind of like it when he has some alcohol in him, he’s always so happy to see me haha.

The other two went back to the stateroom to take a nap. Glendon said that the beer tasting was a lot of fun, and you get full pints of each of the beers you flavour!

Glendon also told me that on his way to me, there were baby races happening inside and I was curious as to how hilarious and cute a spectacle that would be! So we made our way in!

IcA3dTN.jpg

On our way I had to snap a photo of my favourite detail on the ship hehe.

2A7r2be.jpg

I missed out on the baby racing, but they started a new game of some sort of mini golfing. I was quite impressed with the amount of activity available on the ship.

When the guys woke up we headed back down to the bars and joined in on a game of Disney Trivia. Yay! Having a Disney guru on our team (Glendon is like a Disney encyclopedia! His brain is full ALL kinds of Disney related everything…) we won! We all got these silly tacky little medals, but we wore them around the ship proudly haha.

h1ajsj2.jpg

After this we got ready for dinner, this night in Royal Court.

I wasn’t paying too much attention the night before and had actually ordered from the “leaner” options section. So this is what my meal was:
pNMjLE8.jpg

In ALL honesty…. it was just okay. I wasn’t thrown away. Very average meal. BUT all the food the guys had looked amazing. Unfortunately I didn’t get a chance to snap a photo of those.

93VmKn8.jpg

But I did get dessert! Sorbet of course aha. The most common non-dairy dessert.

Theo had a craving for mint chocolate ice cream though, and technically it wasn’t available in our restaurant but our server got one for him!

After dinner Glendon and I decided we wanted to watch the onboard show of the night, called Wishes.

cERDtzD.jpg

Here is a panorama of our view of the Walt Disney theatre from our seat in the balcony.

a69HLVz.jpg

I also brought with me one of the cute chocolate pieces we got in our concierge basket from the Grand Floridian. It’s dark chocolate, and true dark chocolate is dairy free!

Wishes was what you would expect it to be, a Disney feel good show. The basis of the show was that these high school students were at their graduation and were reminiscing of their adventures together. I definitely wouldn’t list it as Aladdin good, but it was not bad. Not great, but not bad. I didn’t really connect with the main teenage characters though.

After Wishes, I just went to explore the deck some more and got some photos of the ship in its night time glory.

C06MPZg.jpg

cXyHM12.jpg

9rncKPT.jpg

F6ihvxu.jpg

Panoramic of the deck at night.

z449lFT.jpg

Decided not to stay up too late since the next day would have been our very first destination! I wanted very much to have a great day back on land.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter