1BR ok for 5 and upgrading at check in

leane

Proud BLT/AKV owner 2009. 1,064 miles between hom
We have 1 bedrooms booked with points and are waitlisted for a 2 bedrooms at both resorts. I know are allowed 5 but how cramped would it be with the air bed? Is the lay out in one of the resorts better than the other for this situation?

Another question for those of you who have experienced the waitlist. Is it pretty hard for them to come through for you? I have a cash room booked through MS as well just in case.

I understand the allotment of rooms is seperate from points to cash. I am wondering though if you get there they have available 2 br for cash but not points can you get them on points (if you call ms and have the points available)

TIA for your help. I am now seeing why you shouldn't make changes to plans...

You don't state which resorts you are considering but OKW 1 bedrooms are significantly bigger than the other resorts, so that might be a good choice for you. Regarding upgrading at check-in: You can always ask at check-in if there is a 2 bedroom available for points. I have been waitlisted and never had it come through and then found it available at check-in. (There are always last minute cancellations. I know. We have had to cancel at the last minute.) Good luck!

Sorry-- it is for BW and BC

I am hoping for some :wizard: at check in that we can upgrade with points to a 2 br which is why I am thinking we should just chance it and squeeze if necessary.

We are coming from 2 CL rooms at the GF so we will have had our space.. some close family time won't kill us :)

Haven't bought it yet :) a twin or double is what I was thinking

And we could put it in the master bedroom if it would fit in there...

We've used a twin in the living room right beside the pull out couch at BWV and SSR 1 BRs. It was fine at the time, but our kids are bigger now and we've experienced 2 BR. I'm sure you can make it work! We were hardly in the room, so it really didn't matter.

FYI - I was at target yesterday and saw an air mattress for $14. It looked like it was a twin and looked like it would be of a good quality. Found it on an end cap in the sporting goods it was on clearance.

Haven't bought it yet :) a twin or double is what I was thinking

And we could put it in the master bedroom if it would fit in there...

Thank you all for your help! I will be on the phone when MS opens to see about the 2 BR . I am just trying to get out trip to be a split with 2 resorts rather than 3. My only other option is going to a standard room cash which would be more in the budget but for sure smaller than even the 1 br so I dont think that makes much sense.

Thanks again to you all. Happy New Year!

Do they allow you to upgrade on checkin paying cash and a reservation that was booked with points? We have a 1-bedroom booked but would ideally like a 2-bedroom. We are renting points from a RCI owner. That's why I'm wondering if I ask on checkin if they will let me upgrade by paying cash to the 2-bedroom? THanks.

Do they allow you to upgrade on checkin paying cash and a reservation that was booked with points? We have a 1-bedroom booked but would ideally like a 2-bedroom. We are renting points from a RCI owner. That's why I'm wondering if I ask on checkin if they will let me upgrade by paying cash to the 2-bedroom? THanks.

Sorry. Cash cannot be combined with points at DVC resorts. The rooms come from entirely different pools.

We have 1 bedrooms booked with points and are waitlisted for a 2 bedrooms at both resorts. I know are allowed 5 but how cramped would it be with the air bed? Is the lay out in one of the resorts better than the other for this situation?

We used a twin size airbed for my 11-year-old daughter at the BW. It fit fine between the master bed and the balcony.

It is possible to upgrade a points reservation from a 1 BR to a 2 BR at check in if you have the points available and they have the room. If MS is closed, they will contact MS later and have them charge the extra points. This has even happened on a few occasions when it was a non member checking in as a rental or guest though it should not without the members permission. I don't believe there's any possibility of doing so combining with cash unless you're extending a given reservation.

AFAIK, it is not possible to upgrade an RCI reservation.

AFAIK, it is not possible to upgrade an RCI reservation.
It is absolutely NOT possible to upgrade a RCI reservation but then renting out an exchange through RCI is against their rules as well. I'd keep it very quiet, definitely not tell DVC it was happening and not do it again if it were I.

I was wondering if I could get a room for points if a room for cash was available. that one was answered...

I called MS today again... being a pest but they dont check just the one day of a 2 day waitlist ;)

I got a great CM she was great! And as luck will have it she found us a 2 BR for our first two days at BW. :thumbsup2 it isn't the view we wanted but I wont be picky for the room. We still have a night in a 1 BR BW it is waitlisted. I am secretly hoping it doesnt go through :upsidedow

Or hopefully it comes through really fast so I can then waitlist for a BW then entire stay. I am crazy.

Still no luck with BC she said there was NO availability. Hopefully I will still get a little magic. With the 2 BR.

Do they get upset if you call to check availability often? I just dont want one of the days to pass me by.

I was wondering if I could get a room for points if a room for cash was available. that one was answered...

I called MS today again... being a pest but they dont check just the one day of a 2 day waitlist ;)

I got a great CM she was great! And as luck will have it she found us a 2 BR for our first two days at BW. :thumbsup2 it isn't the view we wanted but I wont be picky for the room. We still have a night in a 1 BR BW it is waitlisted. I am secretly hoping it doesnt go through :upsidedow

Or hopefully it comes through really fast so I can then waitlist for a BW then entire stay. I am crazy.

Still no luck with BC she said there was NO availability. Hopefully I will still get a little magic. With the 2 BR.

Do they get upset if you call to check availability often? I just dont want one of the days to pass me by.

Once I had to check because of the 2 WL limit. In your case, did you WL all 3 nights in a 2 bedroom with a BW view along with the WL for the 2 bedroom?

And, I was able to get something by doing this, different from my WL, but waht I wanted!!

Once I had to check because of the 2 WL limit. In your case, did you WL all 3 nights in a 2 bedroom with a BW view along with the WL for the 2 bedroom?

And, I was able to get something by doing this, different from my WL, but waht I wanted!!

I am wait listed right now for the 2 BR 2 nights BC and for BW view 2 nights at BW. I am calling because I dont want the chance that the first of the two nights for the 2 BR comes along and I miss it. That would stink :) Even if I have to spend that last night in a 1 BR that would be better than possible too tight for two nights. :)

I hope I have your luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter