1900 Park Fare Dinner

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by JeannieKY, Feb 21, 2013.

1. gorkt

gorkt Mouseketeer

We went in 2009 and really enjoyed it. The character interactions were some of the best in the parks - stepsisters were hilarious! The food was quite good of I recall, plenty for both kids and grown ups to eat.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Minnies Dad

Minnies Dad Earning My Ears

Characters were great, the food was OK, so depends what you are after.

4. JeannieKY

JeannieKY Tink fan

Thank-you for all the feedback. We are going to give it a try!

5. AshleeH

AshleeH DIS Veteran

We enjoyed it. We ate there for our 10th anniversary (Happily Ever After dinner - appropriate) and the food was good and the characters were fun. We had the unfortunate experience of sitting next to a CM who was not working that night (an older lady who brought guests - I don't know if she was a character or manager, but it was clear she worked there) and all the characters got to her first and made a huge deal about her being there, so it was a bit of a letdown in some respects when they got to us. Almost as if they were tapped out.

Don't get me wrong, the characters were good and we would probably eat there again, that was just something you can't plan for. But my kids liked it and they loved the buffet!

6. JeannieKY

JeannieKY Tink fan

Great! We have an ADR on July 4th, our day out of the parks.

7. MICKFan

MICKFan MICKFan

I was there in Jan. Food was OK. Characters were a hoot. However, the stepmother never made it to my table. Maybe I was loading my plate!! LOL And it was somewhat noisy. A 6/7 year old BD party was taking place right next to me.....
    I found breakfast much better, but the characters at dinner were better

8. mellvswdw1

mellvswdw1 Mouseketeer

I have been to 1900 Park Fare at least 6-7 times....just can't remember the exact number because I am getting old! :rotfl2:

Buffet: So-So Sometimes it is great, sometimes it is blah. JMHO. Strawberry soup is always consistantly good.

Cleanliness of the Restaurant: Again So-So. They pack a lot of families in all night, but the servers do a good job of not seeming like order takers, and try to make you feel welcome.

Characters: AWESOME!!!! I am a married women with no children, and no matter who I bring with me, parents, sister, neices & nephews, best friend, or husband, the step sisters, and Lady Tremaine make this a must do! The interaction is priceless, and I absolutely love going there.....this is coming from a 37 year old woman.

My sister and I once wore Team Stepsister Shirts and we were a hit....Cindy was kinda miffed. Makes me still laugh today. Go and have a fun time!

Melissa

9. shopgirl78

shopgirl78 Mouseketeer

I agree with the food being blah but the characters being fabulous!

10. kimber11

kimber11 Kimberley

We went for dinner and were not at all impressed with the food. We hardly saw our waitress at all either and it took a long time to get our drinks. The characters were good and my girls enjoyed dancing with Prince Charming, so I didn't love it and I didn't hate it. We LOVED Be Our Guest. It was our favourite out of all of the restaurants. We also enjoyed Akershus in Epcot if you are wanting to meet Cinderella.

11. disneybliss2

disneybliss2 DIS Veteran

It's one of our favorite restaurants. It's a must do on each trip. We've always had good food (large variety, fresh, food you don't find at your typical buffet, enjoy the carving station and the chef's station that makes pasta in front of you with ingredients you pick). The character interaction is the absolute best on property. Have fun trying this place out!

12. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

Our last time there was December 2010 and we didn't like the food at all, but the step sisters were hilarious. I would say the character interaction is worth it, the food not so much.

13. magicbob

magicbob DIS Veteran

We enjoyed the character interaction, but the food was very low quality for the amount we paid. We won't return. There are many restaurants with better food and the stepsisters were not enough to salvage the meal for the prices they charge.

14. DWillowBay

DWillowBay DIS Veteran

I took my son last year and we were amazed at the quantity and selection at the buffet. We are returning later in 2013 and hope to repeat this experience. We are NOT buffet people, but the selection was amazing and the quality was very good. The best part is the characters who, of course interact with the children, but spend a good amount of time interacting with adults as well. princess: A great time....but skip lunch because you'll want more and more and more!

15. ReluctantDisaholic

ReluctantDisaholic Mouseketeer

We found the food ok, but less selection than the other buffets we've been to there. Probably our least favourite TS, but still not bad and we'd go back.

Character interaction makes up for it though - definitely the best out of the character meals we've done. The stepsisters are definitely worth going for.

16. Reese D

Reese D Mouseketeer

Pro:
    Great characters

Cons:
    The food is just ok.
    The room is ridiculously loud and over crowded.
    There is no theme or ambiance to the restaurant. It just looks like any other hotel ballroom.

We would not go back.