1900 Park Fare at Grand Floridian....is it worth 28.99?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Poohbear123, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Poohbear123

Poohbear123 <font color=CCCC00>Will travel without lipstick<br

I have ressies for Sat. at 8:30pm, how is the food?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. peachgirl

peachgirl DIS Veteran

It was one of our favorites on our last trip! The food was excellent (loved the strawberry soup!) with a lot of variety.

The service was the absolute best we experienced and the price is no higher than some restaurants that aren't even character meals.

4. RIDisneyFan

RIDisneyFan Mouseketeer

I'd like to hear some reviews also - we have an ADR in Sept for my DD's birthday.

5. Poohbear123

OK, hope its worth it! ;)

6. disneysnowflake

disneysnowflake DIS Veteran

That's my favorite place to eat when we go to WDW.
    The food is good. I like the variety. The strawberry soup is my favorite.

7. Cinderella2004

Cinderella2004 <font color=red>My DH did manage to drag me away (

It's so yummy!!!

They have a pasta dish that I can practically taste right now.....

I tried to add an ADR to our trip this week.....it was all booked :worried: :(

Enjoy!!!

8. Poohbear123

Cinderella2004! ;)

9. mandy200587

mandy200587 DIS Veteran

yumm strawberry soup. My mouth is watering thinking of it.

10. cgcruz

cgcruz In Disney Bliss

We love this place, my fiance and I. It is a lot better than a typical buffet. Love the strawberry soup.

11. teamagic

teamagic Mouseketeer

Ditto for me - the strawberry soup is so good. Now, I am hungry. LOL It is one of the best buffets at WDW and as an added perk - it is a character meal.

12. Jambo!424

Jambo!424 Mouseketeer

My family really didn't like it. We were there for my brother's birthday and we were extremely disappointed. The menu sounded good but we thought the food was just less than average buffet food. Also, service was not so great and character interaction was bad (and it was his birthday!). The price for the experience we had was completely outrageous, and we will definitely not be going back. If you want a really good buffet, try Boma at AKL. You'll get a better experience for less money. Sorry, not to offend anyone. Just being honest :) .

13. granmaz

granmaz Dis Veteran and Old Geezer

We have ADR's for the Grand Floridian Cafe. Keep wondering whether to change or not. Do you think 1900 Park Fare would be a better choice? Older and no children by the way! Thanks.

14. magicmouse2

magicmouse2 DIS Veteran

I thought the food was awesome, especially the freshly cooked pasta station. Desserts were just ok. Character interaction a little slow compared to the fast pace of Chef Mickeys. I think the food is worth the price. I am trying to schedule this one in if I can get an ADR. :thumbsup2

15. peachgirl

peachgirl DIS Veteran

That's what makes these boards so great, you get opinions from all sides!

We loved 1900 and Boma was undoubtedly the worst! It was the single worst service we've ever experienced at WDW restaurants!

16. Princess Sammi

Princess Sammi Mouseketeer

So glad to hear this. We have ressies there for Dec. My sisters and I chose this buffet based on the menu. When we came across the strawberry soup, we thought that was an odd soup. But from what I've been reading about it, I can't wait ti try it!!

17. bctripp

bctripp Mouseketeer

We ate there last week (Thursday Dinner), and had good service. The food was good, lots of things to choose from. My husband liked the shrimp. The characters made it to our table in a decent amount of time. I had no problems with it, and i'd go back again. This was our 3rd or 4th time there for dinner. To me a lot of the buffets around WDW are the same with a few different items mixed in. Maybe we just ate so much its all atarting to blend together!

18. drsanvil

drsanvil Earning My Ears

We couldn't have been more pleased with our meal. Not only did we think this was an awesome buffet, but this was one of the best buffet meals we have ever had - inside or out of WDW! And with 4 kids - we do ALOT of buffets! Our server was great. Only complaint I could make is that it's generally crowded and loud - but it's a character meal with tons of kids - should be expected. We will be retuning to 1900 Park Fare when we visit in Feb.

19. TMC

TMC Earning My Ears

The Grand Floridian Cafe was wonderful. We ate there a few weeks ago and our children even enjoyed the menu. We also ate at the 1900 park fare and I would highly recommend the Cafe over 1900.

Sorry..

20. elastigirlfan

elastigirlfan DIS Veteran

We really liked it when we went. It's so beautiful inside and Prince Charming was great with my 2 girls. It's a great place to take a "Cindy" fan especially if you can't get into CRT or don't want to pay the higher prices for CRT. We are going again this year.

21. tinker*dust

tinker*dust Mouseketeer

Loved it! :thumbsup2