• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

180 days - 6 a.m. and still could not get more than 4 of our ADR's

hoping that means CP pkgs will be released soon. also waiting on ROL pkg. Still trying to navigate around the unknown...plus right now we have deluxe but if my daughter cant get all the time off, we are going to go to reg dining..... 2 months till I find that out....until then...everything is in pencil

Sorry in advance if this is long and too much information. I ramble when I get excited and Disney pretty much makes me excited all the time so...

It makes me feel a lot better in a way that what's going on with the ADRs this year is not...typical? I'm 100% a newbie to this forum and to the idea of Disney planning in general. I've been to WDW twice. The first time was in 2003, only went to MK, as part of a high school choir competition trip so we weren't there very long. Second time was 2007 with my best friend and our moms. We did MK and EP over a long weekend, but nobody planned anything and again we didn't stay very long because one mom got bored about two hours into walking around and the other wanted to be in the shade/AC every five seconds, lol. Overall, wasn't a very enjoyable trip.

So this time it's just my best friend and I. We're going for a full week, from 12/10-12/16, and visiting all four parks. We're also celebrating her birthday which is on the 18th. General plan so far is Hollywood Studios on Sunday, Magic Kingdom on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday (including the 12/15 MVMCP), Epcot Tuesday and Thursday, then Animal Kingdom on Saturday. I've literally been researching and pre-planning since March, so I'm glad it's finally time to start moving on the ADRs, but they do seem to be gone as soon as 6am hits.

The 180 mark for our trip was two days ago on the 12th, so I've been up at 5:30 the last two mornings trying to see what I can snag for us. I've learned now that we would have been better off staying onsite so I could have tried to plan what few ADRs we wanted all at once, but c'est la vie. We're both 31, single, with no kids so there's not a huge urgency for character dining and things like that. However, we were kind of hoping at the very least for a BOG lunch at some point over the three days we'll be at MK, and maybe a CRT breakfast.

So far, neither. I did get a great time for lunch at 50's PT on Sunday, as well as a 7:30 dinner at SciFi. Though I'm thinking of trying to change that for an earlier time if possible because I really would like to see Fantasmic, even if from the very back. I've heard conflicting thoughts on whether we'd be able to make it there with a 7:30 reservation.

You are right there with the rest of us Myrddin - our 180 mark was about 2.5 weeks ago for our trip the week after Thanksgiving and I've been checking multiple times daily for the stuff we couldn't get. Right now we've been completely shut out of Ohana, BOG, Akershus, Garden Grill and Coral Reef for the entire week.

You could always try the touringplans reservation finder to see if it's any help (hasn't been for us yet for any of the above restaurants). People on this thread have spoken highly of it's success rate in the past.

Hope that you eventually get the ADRs you're looking for!

You are right there with the rest of us Myrddin - our 180 mark was about 2.5 weeks ago for our trip the week after Thanksgiving and I've been checking multiple times daily for the stuff we couldn't get. Right now we've been completely shut out of Ohana, BOG, Akershus, Garden Grill and Coral Reef for the entire week.

You could always try the touringplans reservation finder to see if it's any help (hasn't been for us yet for any of the above restaurants). People on this thread have spoken highly of it's success rate in the past.

Hope that you eventually get the ADRs you're looking for!

That's so crazy, isn't it? I had originally wanted to try for an Ohana dinner, but have all but given up on that. Decided to focus all my efforts on BOG and CRT. Also read somewhere else earlier today that people were having a hard time getting Rose and Crown reservations, which was on my plan for one of our EP days. Fingers crossed I can at least make that happen.

Thanks! I hope you get what you're after as well!

That's so crazy, isn't it? I had originally wanted to try for an Ohana dinner, but have all but given up on that. Decided to focus all my efforts on BOG and CRT. Also read somewhere else earlier today that people were having a hard time getting Rose and Crown reservations, which was on my plan for one of our EP days. Fingers crossed I can at least make that happen.

Thanks! I hope you get what you're after as well!

Are you staying offsite?

We are, yeah. It came down to a financial choice of spending a week and having more time at the parks, or just going for a long weekend and staying onsite. We decided rather than only having one full day each over a weekend at 2 parks and half days at the other two on a Friday and Monday to go cheaper on the hotel.

So I got up this morning early, grabbed my coffee and logged on so I would be ready right at 6 a.m. to start making ADR's. Even getting up this early, I still had issues getting ADR's for:

Akershus, Be Our Guest, 'Ohana and ...Garden Grill?!?!

Okay, as frustrating as the first three are, the last one just completely floored me.

We are going 12/1 - 12/10 and there is absolutely no availability for Akershus or Garden Grill at any time, I tried all days, all meals and even tried random off-times and nothing. I went on a ADR App to see what they showed, nothing... We wanted the coveted breakfast spot to get in early, so I can see those being gone...maybe... but nothing for Garden Grill lunch or dinner?

I even called at 7 a.m. b/c of course throughout the course of reserving, I made a mistake and booked a reservation for today (did I mention 6 am and just drinking my coffee?) and she could not see any availability.

Be Our Guest, I did manage to get a breakfast ADR for, but wanted a dinner, later in our stay and there was nothing.

But even some of the other ADR's that are not popular choices I could not get anywhere near the time we wanted. I don't get it. It's not like I am trying 30 days out. I was at my 180 days and all within the first hour and couldn't get the time we wanted for The Plaza restaurant for off-lunchtime?

I have heard rumors that people add days to the beginning of their trips to get better access to the ADR's they want then drop the day or travel agencies making a bunch of ADR's at popular venues to make sure their clients get them if they want, does this really happen? Maybe I am just naive to play by the rules?

Sorry, needed to vent, very frustrated with the process this morning. We have never had such an issue before, I can't imagine trying to book in heavy season like summer...

Last time we were at EPCOT, I checked my phone (disney experience) for getting a lunch reservation at Garden Grill. There were none. We were nearby, so I just walked up to the man at the podium and asked if there was any chance we could eat lunch. He said absolutely and sat us right away! It was our daughter's 17th birthday, and we saw every character multiple times and each time they flirted with her even more. It was fantastic, and I keep reminding myself that it only happened because I walked up and asked in person!!!! So never give up !!

We were really hoping for CRT or Ak. It's Disney so it'll be a good time no matter, but one would be nice

I managed to snag a lunch at Rose and Crown a few minutes ago which makes me ridiculously happy because I'd been hearing of people having a hard time getting anything there this year (apparently that's odd, but I'm too new to know better). I've still got my fingers crossed for getting a BOG lunch (or even dinner) and a CRT breakfast at some point during our trip, but I'm with you. It's Disney. The trip will be amazing regardless, but if I do manage even one of those two even once while we're there it will be the cherry on top for sure. I'm just gonna keep on trying. :D

You can also use the canceled ADR thread in disboards. I've never found anything I've wanted but I've coordinated with people for BOG, CM, CP and some others.

I've never used touring plans either but have also heard good things.

Last year four of us walked up to BOG in the evening just to see if they had anything and they DID! They told me they just had a cancelation. Not sure if that was true, but we were excited! Now I always say to try that too! Especially at a little bit of an off time.

I'm not sure what the deal is, but I've made 180 day ADRs 10 times in the last 5 years and haven't seen such limited availability. Our trip is 9 days this time so I concentrated the hard to get ADRs on the end of the trip and pretty much got what I wanted.

I know nobody wants to hear this when they have their minds made up or were looking forward to something, but we've discovered some other great options when we couldn't get something or plans changed. We've dined at Cape May Cafe, the Wave, Yak & Yeti QS, 50's Primetime and a few others that we would have never tried otherwise.

Good luck everyone and I agree... at least you're in Disney!

I managed to snag a lunch at Rose and Crown a few minutes ago which makes me ridiculously happy because I'd been hearing of people having a hard time getting anything there this year (apparently that's odd, but I'm too new to know better). I've still got my fingers crossed for getting a BOG lunch (or even dinner) and a CRT breakfast at some point during our trip, but I'm with you. It's Disney. The trip will be amazing regardless, but if I do manage even one of those two even once while we're there it will be the cherry on top for sure. I'm just gonna keep on trying. :D
I'm just going to be setting 5am (I'm central time) alarms for about 5 months . Doesn't hurt to keep trying!

I'm just going to be setting 5am (I'm central time) alarms for about 5 months . Doesn't hurt to keep trying!
I had this same problem, and I actually had better luck late at night. It seems as most people decide to change their plans in late afternoon and evening and cancel reservations before they go to bed. I was able to get better times then, but haven't snagged BOG or Ohana yet!

Its frustrating in the same boat as everyone here. Shut out of Garden Grill, Ohana and BOG. Never had I had so many ars that I have had to work so hard for.

I had this same problem, and I actually had better luck late at night. It seems as most people decide to change their plans in late afternoon and evening and cancel reservations before they go to bed. I was able to get better times then, but haven't snagged BOG or Ohana yet!
Let's be honest...im checking my phone every 30 minutes or so and will be until December or I get a reservation LOL

My wife really wanted to eat dinner at BOG 4th of July week and we were unable to find any reservations. However, I just kept checking every night and happen to find one that came open the other day. :)

Our 180+ opens up Monday and am already dreading the stress! We are staying 7 nights and MVMCP is happening 4 nights. UGGHHH! We are shooting for BOG, LC, and O'hana plus others that should be ok. What time does the "switch" flip to make for next day's ADR? This takes me back to the good old days of speed dialing Disney Dining to get through to sit on hold for an hour or longer to get a live person and hope their system was up! Good Luck to all!!

Our 180+ opens up Monday and am already dreading the stress! We are staying 7 nights and MVMCP is happening 4 nights. UGGHHH! We are shooting for BOG, LC, and O'hana plus others that should be ok. What time does the "switch" flip to make for next day's ADR? This takes me back to the good old days of speed dialing Disney Dining to get through to sit on hold for an hour or longer to get a live person and hope their system was up! Good Luck to all!!
It has been very hard to get reservations, but don't let it stress you! You're going to have a WONDERFUL time no matter the reservations you get. Also people cancel! The app or website "switches" at 6am Disney time. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter