16 YO on the dining plan

Jerusalem Gal

DIS Veteran
Hey guys,

I booked a split stay in January for myself and my sister. (YAY!)
For both resorts (Pop and CR) we're on the DDP.

I just noticed that on the reservations it says 1 adult and 1 child.
When booking the rooms I put her down as a child because I went according to the age they listed, but for the dining plan a child is only up to 9 YO.

Should I call to try and change it? There's no way on earth she'll be eating off a kinds menu! :scared:
Or maybe it doesn't make a difference and it's only the way they phrase it on the ressie?

Thanks!!

Thanks for the input!
Just to make sure we're on the same page, this is what my reservation says:

Dining Plan:
2016 Table Service Meals - Adult, 2016 Quick Service Meals, 2016 Table Service Meals - Child

You're sure that for the dining plan won't be considered a child?
OMG, she would kill me! :upsidedow

On your reservation does it have her age? I see ones alot that say 2 Adults, 1 child (15), 1 child (8) for the room. That is so that the system knows not to charge an extra adult fee for the 15 year old.

However your dining plan does look like it has her has a child. I would call and ask about this. I assume this is something they could easily fix.

Thanks for the input!
Just to make sure we're on the same page, this is what my reservation says:

Dining Plan:
2016 Table Service Meals - Adult, 2016 Quick Service Meals, 2016 Table Service Meals - Child

You're sure that for the dining plan won't be considered a child?
OMG, she would kill me! :upsidedow

This is just how it looks. It just attaches child/adult verbiage to everything. Pricing and what you get is all based on age on the reservation.

You could gave two 20 year olds and it would still show up that way.

20 year olds wouldn't but 17 year olds would...the "adult" age for a room reservation is 18.

Thanks everyone! I ended up calling yesterday and the CM made sure we're considered two adults for the DP :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!