16 Hours at DCA !!

WebmasterMaryJo

Techarita
Staff member
Administrator
<font color=navy>... and boy, do my feet hurt!!!!

We had a great time at DCA. The CMs were the nicest. It was crazy, though, with all the crowds, the heat, and the wait time. :eek:

We got to the parking structure at a little before 7am, walked right into the park & were on Soaring by 7:15. (Although the park opened at 8, officially, they were just letting everyone in). Fastpass wasn't working for that attraction all day, so by the time my friends got to the park at 8:15, the line was almost three hours long. Since we were waiting in line, it was only about 2-1/2 hours (yes, we went on it twice). Found out my friends are not much for standing in line :rolleyes: , and by 2:30, they left. At that time we went into the Animation studio, and by the time we left, it was around 4pm, sun was going down, and the park truly looked magical to me. :D

It was warm the rest of the night - I never needed anything other than the tshirt & shorts I was wearing. The lines became minimal for everything BUT Soaring - the lines for that were anywhere from 3-4 hours long ... all day.

We didn't do everything, but immensely enjoyed what we did do. I expect we'll be back after the summer crowd. :D :D

<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=#FF0066>Mary Jo
mms.gif

Disneyland Board Co-Moderator
galw.gif

My Disneyland Site
My Sequoia/Yosemite Trip

Dress Up Your Posts

WOW, no Fast Pass for Soarin'??? :eek: Oh my, I am SO glad we went on Saturday and that I got my sleepy family up early. Those Fast Passes were like gold to get, and thank God we did...as of 6:30 on Saturday night there was a FOUR HOUR standy wait for Soarin'.

Glad you enjoyed your day, Mary Jo, we had a great time on Saturday too. :)

Michelle
Assistant Webmaster
Cruise & Inspiration Board Co-Host
Disneyland Board Co-Host

than I am, Mary Jo! We lasted eight hours yesterday and were pretty darn proud we made it that long! Had a wonderful time despite crowds and heat, didn't see everything but will be back with AP. :D

Susan from CA

Disneyland-Too many times to count!
Off-site 1988
All Star Sports 1997
Beach Club/Wonder 2000
Beach Club/Magic 2002

My wife and I were at DCA during the Sunday Annual Pass Preview Day and were sadly disappoined with the long lines and the huge crowds.

Most of the popular rides had lines as long as four hours. Soaring Over California was not worth that long of a wait in the very hot and not very scenic que.

I forsee many disappointed families when they "close" the park when it reaches capcity. DCA is too small and it will not be able to support the crowds with parking, number of attractions, and space to walk around the park.

The park is very pretty to look at, but I have a problem making DCA a stand alone park. It just can not support that status. This park gives you a new meaning of LONG LINES. This park should take no more than 3 to 4 hours to ride and see everything, but the capicities of most rides are very limited.

Zimbubba, we had a VERY unusually warm weekend, in fact we broke record highs here. It was close to 90 degrees. That is NOT typical for us in February, and it will be back down to highs in the upper 60s later in the week. :)

Michelle
Assistant Webmaster
Cruise & Inspiration Board Co-Host
Disneyland Board Co-Host

<font color=navy>Regarding the heat....

Someone told me it was 87º yesterday in Anaheim. It was a typical Santa Ana day (hot desert winds). Today it's a little cooler, and by the end of the week, we're expected to go down to the 60's again.

<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=#FF0066>Mary Jo
mms.gif

Disneyland Board Co-Moderator
galw.gif

My Disneyland Site
My Sequoia/Yosemite Trip

Dress Up Your Posts

We in the frozen northeast are enjoying reading that! When we were there last April it was warm but not that warm.

I couldn't believe the heat!! We've had such a cold winter until this weekend. We were there from 8 am-9pm. We could have lasted longer but had to get home to let the dog out :) We had a great time! I actually liked DCA much more than I expected too. :D
***GOOD NOTE ABOUT WAIT TIMES~~~They are VERY bad at estimating this! When we got in line, we were told the wait for Super Star Limo was 70 min. It only took 30 min...The "Screamin'" coaster said 90 min. but only took 35 min. etc.***

Quick observations:
ABSOLUTELY CRAZY FOR: "Screamin'" & Grizzly River Run & (MUCH better, higher, faster than "Kali" at AK!!)& "ITTBA Bug"

LOVED: Muppets & Maliboomer!! Everyone must, at least, LOOK at the Carousel!

HOKEY: Superstar Limo! I just think they could have done more with this concept. Some parts, I think, only Caifornians would get. I'd like to hear feedback from out-of-staters!

FOOD: SOAP OPERA BISTRO~Great food! Awesome atmosphere! A MUST for ABC soap fans!!
COCINA CUCAMONGA~Really good Mexican food (Counter service). PACIFIC WHARF CAFE~My friend loved the Clam Chowder bread bowl & cream puff!

SHOPPING: Take time to wander the shops! They have tons of really cute DCA merch!!!

Well, this is getting long!! If anyone has specific ???'s, ask away!!...Oh yeah, "California Screamin'" has Fastpass, though it was not listed on the map! TAKE CARE!!

<marquee direction="right" align="left" behavior="alternate"><font size=3><font color=#FF0066><font face="Comic Sans MS"><bold>LISA</marquee></font></font></font></bold>
<marquee direction="left" align="right" behavior="alternate"><font size=3><font color=#6600CC><font face="Comic Sans MS"><bold>"Diva of Dragons"</marquee></font></font></font></bold>
<marquee>
ariel11.gif
</marquee>

[This message was edited by LAWeiss11 on 02-05-01 at 03:55 PM.]

Mary Jo,
Glad to hear you had a great time. We were there sort of, we spent the day in Disneyland. The weather was a bit on the warm side, but it was still a great day to be at Disneyland.
With all the AP’ers at DCA there were almost no crowds at all, except in the morning when all the pin collectors where there for the GWP deal.

Keith ;)
Disneyland-Weekly
WDW-87 Disney Villas
99 Wilderness Lodge

Oh belive me it's VERY HOT at the disneyland Resort....out of everyone in the park there's one group that will know that better than any other...& that's my group...i'm an out door vendor... & when your out selling ballons & they're popping every 3 seconds cause it's too hot & ur walking around in that sun...ooh yeah....it's really hot! hang in there! & don't forget to hit a few water rides to cool off! have fun & enjoy our services...TTFn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter