16 Day Spring Break! I'm An Adult, I Do What I Want ;) *Update 8/17 Complete!

After lunch we stopped by the Hole in the Wall bar outside of Raglan for a beer and we got to use our TiW discount here as well. Then our friend had to leave for a concert he was seeing in Orlando that night and we made our way back to the hotel. On the way back we decided we could go for a dessert and stopped where else but Ghirardelli.

We split a sea salt caramel sundae with cookie dough ice cream. And because the intoxicating smell really got me today, we got it in a waffle bowl.

#winning

Back at the room Rob took a nap while I caught up with some stuff for work and then we got changed and made our way to HS. Tonight was the night I was most looking forward to. We had tickets for Symphony in the Stars, A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party! Exciting!

HS was of course packed and at this point in the night Rob was kinda hungry and wanted something real to eat before all the sugar and booze, so we stopped at Fairfax Fare.

It was a massive line, but we had time to kill. Eventually he got his order of a pulled pork sandwich with beans and corn on the cob.

He gave me a few bites of everything and it was pretty good. It's too hard for me to eat corn on the cob without Old Bay though. I'm too spoiled. That's the only way I really like it now.

Now it's fireworks time!

Thats great that you get to go back again in October. I always like your dining reports because you guys are so cute and your reviews are really informative. Anxious to hear how you like taking the train, we are considering it for a future trip.

I booked this online before we left and was pretty pumped about it, nut I was worried that it would be a waste of $69 each. The reviews seemed pretty good, so I took a chance.

This is the area for the dessert party near GMR before they started to allow people in.

This was where we ended up grabbing a table. All the way to the left of this pic in the back.

There was a decent line for check-in by the time we arrived, but it moved very quickly. They checked your name and gave you a wristband and in you go!

First we grabbed a drink at the bar. Obviously.

We both got a First Order Finale and they had no problem with letting us get two drinks a piece so we also got a cup of The Force. I thought that was cool to not limit you to one drink at a time, or make us both go up for drinks. Good stuff.

He got a table all the way in the back away from anyone else and it was a perfect choice. We had a good old time back there on our own with an area to kind of walk around to keep our legs from getting too tired. I do wish they had some seats for you cause it does kill your legs to stand in one place the whole time. That's my only complaint.

I went up and got us plates of food while Rob held the table. I loved the stormtroopers on the tables.

So, as you could already see there was a bar with a few bartenders who kept the drinks coming fast. There was an area to serve yourself the different lemonade flavors and a big thing of ice full of sodas and water.

Off to the side were tables full of the food. Here are some trays of the cheese sabers and C3PO biscuits.

Rice Krispie treats and Darth Maul eclairs.

Darth Vader cupcakes, which struggled to stay upright.

BB8 cupcakes

Some pics of our plates, of which we had many.

The C3PO crackers were not my fav but the smoked sea-salted “Quarter Ration” biscuits were awesome. I ate those and the cheese sabers all night. I was so glad they had a few savory options like those in there. Especially when I am drinking.

The Darth Vader cupcakes with chocolate peanut butter frosting were good, as were the rice krispie treats, but the Blue Milk Panna Cotta with Crispy Pearls was NASTY! We both gave ours one bite and tossed it. Yuck!

The Darth Maul eclair was good but the pistachio cherry bites were not my fav.

This is what a lot of my plates looked like.

I loved the BB8 lemon cupcake with buttercream frosting! Fitting since I had my BB8 shirt, ears and MagicBand on that evening.

There was also a station serving Space Junk bread pudding with all kinds of crazy goodies in it like pretzels and M&Ms.

I had mine with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream. Yum!

Some more savory items like the biscuits and pesto crisps and smokey dipping sauce.

And of course I had to hit the freeze dried nutella station.

I got mine with chocolate sauce. It was like a super rich peanut butter and chocolate ice cream.

And of course we got some selfies.

And the fireworks were awesome!!! My favorite ever after Wishes. And we were up close and personal for them with no waiting in a massive crowd. It was almost worth it just for that alone. Especially in HS where it feels so crowded on the main street.

After the fireworks as you made your way out of the party area we each got a Chewbacca stein!

I love this thing. I drink from it all the time. If you follow me on Instagram you know this to be true. :laughing:

To break it down, awesome viewing area with no pushing or shoving or anger at strangers required. So many drinks. Like, sooooo many drinks. They knew our faces at the bar by the end of the night. We got our money's worth for sure. And some tasty and unique food options themed nicely around Star Wars. And a freakin' Chewbacca stein. Two in fact! This was so worth the money. Oh, and I totally grabbed a bunch of sodas and bottled water before we left. I have no shame in my game. :laughing: I would do this experience again in a heartbeat. It was maybe my favorite time this trip.

And to top off a great evening we got out to the bus stop expecting a huge massive line, but there was no line. We got on the bus right as it was leaving and it was crowded, but not overwhelmingly so and we had a nice conversation with the folks around us. That was a huge victory alone just to not have to wait in a mass of people at the end of the night for the bus. Worked out perfectly.

What an awesome awesome day!!!

O-M-G the lobster roll looks heavenly!
The Ghirardelli sundae.....oh my....
The frozen Nutella.....I'm drooling!!!

Oh my gosh, I'm so glad I stumbled upon you report. I have really enjoyed it. I'm living vicariously through your cocktail pics! Thanks for such an entertaining report. Looking forward to the next installment.

I love your big updates!! I still haven't made it to Jock's but Boathouse has fast become a favorite. And those sliders are delicious!!! When I first saw them & more specifically the price, I also said "no way" to the amphicars but the more I sit out at the dock bar and watch people have such fun, I am coming around. I'm sure you can wear Rob down! The SW dessert party looks so fun!!

Glad you also loved the boathouse! Those firecracker shrimp are amazing! While the steak is pricey there - it is definitely worth it as it is so so tender and flavorful!

Really happy to hear the dessert party was a good time and that they had something other than sweets! that type of sugar overload is something I've always struggled with at the dessert parties as they didn't used to have savory to balance it out. Guess Disney finally learned! You really do love that mug :)

I saw the Boathouse menu and thought to myself, "She is SO getting that lobster roll" lol.

Nice update! I'm a savory snacking kind of girl, so thanks for the details about the dessert party.

Before I start this review I just want to share the exciting news that we are headed back to WDW in October! Yay!
Woo hoo! :cool1:

For his entree Rob got the Welsh Pub Burger. Angus beef patty with Bass beer-Irish Cheddar Gratin, bacon, and battered leeks.

Oh, that looks really delicious! And not a vegetable in sight - yum, yum (fries don't count :laughing:)

Wow, gorgeous pic.

I got the Barbecued Chicken pizza with smoked mozzarella, Cilantro, caramelized onions.

Bummer about the raw onions but other than that, it looks amazing.

And we both got a piece of their delicious cheesecake.

:magnify: Is that...is that...a creme brulee topping?! :lovestruc:faint:

Seriously, beautiful photo!

There was also a station serving Space Junk bread pudding with all kinds of crazy goodies in it like pretzels and M&Ms.

I had mine with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream. Yum!

Oh, yeah, come to momma! :laughing:

Dang! Your review really makes me want to do the dessert party at HS... after we attended the Epcot one last fall I basically swore off dessert parties. It was okay but I didn't think it was a good value for what you got. The HS one looks much better though!

wow great updates. Would love to try many of the restaurants you visited. Except Raglan Road, one bad experience was enough.

I would have LOVED to book that HS dessert party for our trip next month. Too bad they don't offer it at that time. I don't usually like those type of things, but with the addition of drinks and some light appetizers, it makes it more appealing.

Wow the SW dessert party does look really good! We did the dessert party at MK a few years back (before the crazy price increase) and, even at the old price, we weren't impressed with the desserts at all. But between the drinks and the desserts it does look worth it.

And the Boathouse looks better than I thought it would! I've been going back and forth on trying to fit it in for our Nov. trip but DH isn't really into it. Might save it for our next adults only trip but Rob's sliders look right up my alley :thumbsup2

And ugh, so sorry about your headache :headache: I suffer from migraines so I know what a debilitating headache can do to your day. Glad it didn't last!

Nice D&B :) I have 3 Disney ones now. I may be addicted lol.

I thought the star wars fireworks dessert party was worth the money too! Although I do wish they had chairs.
I must be the odd one out because I loved those C3PO crackers! They were so light and cheesy!

Another fabulous update! You two sure know how to Disney right! We were there at the same time....we had thought about RR on St Patty's too but couldn't get reservations. Wasn't the Springs crazy that night??

Love your F&G bag!!! Is that your first Disney Dooney? I have four and am planning on getting the new IASW bag this summer. Love, love, love them! It is a whole crazy sub-culture of it's own.IMG_1685.JPG
This is a favourite of mine, I carry it almost every day. I'm such a Haunted Mansion geek! Can't wait for your next update!

Last edited:
Love your food reviews and your pics are making me so hungry right now! Also I want your BB-8 ears! Adorable :D

Wow, when you say massive you mean massive :-)

So happy to hear you all enjoyed the boathouse. Hubby and I are planning an appetizer crawl at DTD next trip and Boathouse is most definitely on the list. And I think after years of drooling at your reports, we're finally gonna get ourselves to Ghiardelli too!

The fireworks party looks like so much fun. I've contemplated doing it and think I would if it was just my hubby and I, as I know we could eat and drink our way through it, but its the kids price tag I just can't palate. Of course if it comes with a chewie cup..... :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter