16 Day Spring Break! I'm An Adult, I Do What I Want ;) *Update 8/17 Complete!

Rob and I both ordered the Avive Natural Peach Sparkling Wine.

At $8.50 this was a pricey drink option, but it was well worth the money! We both loved it! It was so peachy and fresh and light. Loved it!

That looks good! I LOVE peach! Have you ever had the Caposaldo Sparkling Peach Moscato? I'm curious how this compares to that.

Your ice cream choices always look so yummy! Kona breakfast looked so good! Love when a little rain keeps the crowds away. :thumbsup2

In January DH and I did a split, 3 nights AKL and 2 at the Poly. One afternoon we took a break back at the Poly and went over to Tambu lounge and were a little hungry, it was about 3:30. We were disappointed they weren't serving food until 5....we decided to hang out drinking until they started serving food lol and we were glad we did! I can't remember what the dish we got was called, but it was some type of beef with red peppers and a spicy-ish green sauce. I'm just too lazy right now to check the menu :o We ended up getting like 5 orders!

Loving all the flower and garden goodies. You're getting to try so many things I wanted to, but with little missy in tow her tolerance for us eating and drinking around the world was minimal. Gonna have to keep eating vicariously through you :-)

So hungry for the amazing Samoan. i tried tonga toast for the first time on our last visit and immediately regretted my decision. I'm not even a big breakfast fan and the Samoan has to be one of the best breakfast dishes ever!!!!

Oh, the lapu lapu...one of my all-time faves. Truth be told, I like Tambu more than Trader Sam's. I didn't realize they didn't serve food til later though...that's a bummer. I'm not generally a breakfast eater but you are making a strong case between WPE and Kona!! Your evening touring F&G looked so fun!! Seeing the pictures really got me excited for F&W. I need to start studying menus, LOL.

Oh, by the way, Boathouse is now offering a discount on the amphicars if you also have lunch there...maybe that will help convince your husband!

I love your scenic pics as much as the food. That castle one is perfect <3

Thank you so much!:goodvibes

yum than kona dish looks lovely

It is insanely delicious. Even better than the presentation.

That looks good! I LOVE peach! Have you ever had the Caposaldo Sparkling Peach Moscato? I'm curious how this compares to that.

I have not had that, but now I think I need to find it!

Your ice cream choices always look so yummy! Kona breakfast looked so good! Love when a little rain keeps the crowds away. :thumbsup2

Kona breakfast is the best. I love a really unique breakfast and Kona is great for that.

In January DH and I did a split, 3 nights AKL and 2 at the Poly. One afternoon we took a break back at the Poly and went over to Tambu lounge and were a little hungry, it was about 3:30. We were disappointed they weren't serving food until 5....we decided to hang out drinking until they started serving food lol and we were glad we did! I can't remember what the dish we got was called, but it was some type of beef with red peppers and a spicy-ish green sauce. I'm just too lazy right now to check the menu :o We ended up getting like 5 orders!

Isn't Tambu great? We love the food there. What you got sounds interesting. I will keep an eye out for that next time. We plan on putting in some quality time there on our next trip.

Loving all the flower and garden goodies. You're getting to try so many things I wanted to, but with little missy in tow her tolerance for us eating and drinking around the world was minimal. Gonna have to keep eating vicariously through you :-)

So hungry for the amazing Samoan. i tried tonga toast for the first time on our last visit and immediately regretted my decision. I'm not even a big breakfast fan and the Samoan has to be one of the best breakfast dishes ever!!!!

F&G was our training for F&W apparently :laughing:. The Samoan is one of my favorites as well. We are big brunch people, so we go out in search of cool bfast options every weekend, but the Samoan still remains a favorite.

Oh, the lapu lapu...one of my all-time faves. Truth be told, I like Tambu more than Trader Sam's. I didn't realize they didn't serve food til later though...that's a bummer. I'm not generally a breakfast eater but you are making a strong case between WPE and Kona!! Your evening touring F&G looked so fun!! Seeing the pictures really got me excited for F&W. I need to start studying menus, LOL.

Oh, by the way, Boathouse is now offering a discount on the amphicars if you also have lunch there...maybe that will help convince your husband!

I am actually right there with you on that. We are going to do Trader Sam's on out upcoming trip with my SIL and her fiance, so I think it will be more fun with more people, but for just Rob and I we prefer Tambu. I never used to be a big breakfast eater, but between what we eat in WDW and the brunch spots we have near us, that has all changed. I have been studying the F&W menus myself. There are 50 food items I want to try, not including the drinks, so I need to train my stomach and save some money for this adventure :laughing:.

I totally saw that about the amphicars and told my husband. His response was, "So you have to spend a fortune on their food to save money on their overpriced boat ride. Doesn't sound like a bargain." :confused3 I keep trying and he keeps shooting me down. One day!

After we left Poly we drove back to SSR and then walked to our The Springs. Since we missed out on food at Tambu Lounge we headed straight for food. Bongos it is!

We ate here for the first time last year and we absolutely loved it. We were really looking forward to coming back.

We were seated right away on the lower floor and when our server came over we placed drink orders. Rob loved their mojitos last time, so he got one of those and I got one too. Now, this is where the menu (and our server) was not very clear. We ordered a mojito and she asked what size. We went with the middle option. She did not mention that the middle option came with a souvenir glass and was therefor more expensive. Long story short, we now have 3 Bongos glasses. We use them very spitefully. :laughing: Here is my mojito and a sample of what my three Bongos glasses look like.

Cute, but not worth the money.

We both got appetizers. Here is a look at their appetizers on the menu.

Rob got the Crispy Pork Bites / Masitas de Puerco. Mojo marinated pork topped with grilled onions.

I got the empanadas. One was beef, one was chicken and one was pork. They were served with a BBQ guava sauce.

They were delicious. The beef was probably my favorite because it had the most flavor.

This is where our meal really took a turn. As it was our waitress was very slow and not remembering what we asked for most of the time. Then it got to be too much. For our entrees Rob and I both got sandwiches. Here is a look at the lunch menu.

Rob got the Midnight Sandwich / Media Noche. Slow roasted pork, ham, pickles, Swiss cheese and mustard on Sweet bread.

He absolutely loved it.

I ordered the sandwich I loved so much last time. Cuban Wrap / Tortilla Cubana. A tortilla layered with chicken, our famous black bean hummus, whole grain rice & healthy backed sweet plantains.

As you can tell, my sandwich was missing the black bean hummus, which really makes the sandwich so much better. Our server finally comes over to our table and tell her my sandwich is missing this component. No big deal, but can I just get a side of it and I'll put it on the sandwich myself. This. Request. Blew. Her. Mind.

I waited. And waited. And waited. And waited. Rob finished his entire meal. I sat there slowly picking at my fries. She came back over and asked how we were doing. Told her I was still waiting on my hummus. Then I waited. And waited. Finally a manager comes over to ask what the issue is. Seriously?!? I was a little bit testy as I explained my sandwich was missing the hummus and I just wanted the hummus that comes with my sandwich. That's all. I simply want what I ordered. This requires a manager? The manager said that they have a policy that servers cannot go back in the kitchen. Okayyyyyyyy, so.... she was going to just let me sit there and not send someone into the kitchen who can get it? What in the what? Finally the manager brought me a side of hummus so I could eat my sandwich. I was so mad at this point because 20+ minutes had now passed since I first got my sandwich.

Then the anger continued after we got our astronomical check. I also forgot that there is no TiW discount here and no AP discount. So we paid $125 for a screwed up sandwich, one other sandwich, 2 appetizers and three mojitos. Now granted, totally our fault, totally, that we did not ask questions about the prices on the drinks or look at the menu more clearly. Also my fault for not realizing that we did not get a discount here. I would have taken it on the chin had service not been so atrocious. It was bad the whole meal. It felt like a slap in the face to pay so much money for this meal. I was grumpy. Now Rob loved his meal. He said it his his favorite meal of the trip as far as food goes. I was less than thrilled. And it's crazy because the food was so good, but the service just put me off this place so badly.

I drug my grumpy butt to the movies and we saw Allegiant. A terrible movie did not improve my mood. :laughing:

But ice cream, pizza and a better movie will fix all.

After the movie we stopped by the new Vivoli Gelateria across from The Boathouse area. I was intrigued by a gelato flavor they have and decided to give it a try.

This is sweet rice gelato.

It was so good! I loved the texture of the rice in the gelato. It was delicious and not overwhelmingly sweet.

After I got my gelato we decided to make it a double feature. We never got to see Hateful Eight when it was in the theater and AMC was showing it once every evening on our last week and we really wanted to see it. It ended up being one of my favorite movies of the trip. Much better than Allegiant!

On our way back from the movie we decided to stop at WPE and get a pizza to split. We got the Goat Cheese and Pesto pizza which we enjoyed back in our room.

Final tally for the day was 6.65 miles walked which wasn't bad since we were barely in a park. We got a $10 savings with our Stubs card at AMC, saved $1.35 at WPE with our AP. We saved $2.80 at Tambu Lounge and $8.00 at Kona with TiW.

The next morning we were up super early. And today it was so cold! Yikes! I'm used to sweating in WDW not shivering :laughing:. We caught a bus to HS. The line for bag check was INSANE! I waited forever and we didn't end up getting into the park until 10 minutes after park opening. We go straight back to Rock 'n' Roller Coaster and it's already an hour wait with a massive line that looks more like 90 minutes. Forget that. Rob wanted to stop at Fairfax Fare because he loves their breakfast sandwiches, but they did not offer breakfast anymore. Bummer! So we walked up to Starring Rolls and the line for that was massive. After a few minutes of discussion we decided HS was a bust and we left. Shortest time ever in a park I think.

After discussing breakfast options we decided to walk over to Yacht Club for something we have never had. Captain's Grille breakfast!

After we got there and put our names in they took my cell phone number so that they could text us when they had a table for us. We walked around the hotel a little bit to explore, which we have not done at this resort before. I loved this little outdoor courtyard. So pretty and peaceful.

It wasn't long before I got the text to go back to the podium and we were seated.

While their menu items sounded amazing I knew it was buffet all the way for me. For $18.99 it sounded like the easy choice.

I got some pics of the buffet. They're not great, but here you go.

Here is my first plate.

A cinnamon roll, cheese and chocolate pastry, an egg pinwheel, potatoes, biscuit with sausage gravy, bread pudding with bananas foster sauce and of course a Mickey Waffle.

Everything was delicious! I loved the pastries and the egg pinwheels had cheese on top with sausage gravy in the center. I loved it!

My second plate.

Some mini muffins, another egg pinwheel, potatoes, sausage, another biscuit with sausage gravy and bacon. So good! My buffet also came with juice and coffee, so I thought this was a bargain.

Rob was a sucker and ordered off the menu. :laughing:

He got the pressed pot coffee.

He also got the Rock Shrimp Omelet. Rock shrimp, asparagus, chive cream, and roasted potatoes.

He really liked the omelet, but was definitely jealous of my buffet treats.

Service here was also very good today and our server gave us to go cups for our coffee, which was much needed since it was still so cold outside.

We had a nice leisurely stroll around the Beach Club area on our way to Epcot.

We really took advantage of the cooler temps and walked around Epcot taking in the F&G sights.

After a relaxing morning at Epcot we went back over to Beach Club for our lunch reservations.

Beaches & Cream!

I love it here. It's so basic, but awesome. I love that it's small and out of the way and the decor is adorable.

And they serve adult floats and milkshakes now.

We were honestly still full from breakfast, but I didn't care. I was not giving up this reservation.

We love the cherry Cokes here with the real syrup, so we each got a cherry Coke.

Rob and I decided to split a hot dog and onion rings. They even split it up for us which I thought was a nice touch.

I love the hot dogs here. And the onion rings are heaven. Last time the pickle spear was sweet which I didn't like, but this time it was back to being dilly. Is dilly a word? It is now. :laughing:

And I mean, you can't come here and not have ice cream. Rob got the Milky Way Sundae. Three Scoops of Vanilla Ice Cream, Hot Fudge, Caramel, whipped cream and a cherry.

I got my absolute favorite. The No Way Jose. A Peanut Butter and Hot Fudge delight featuring Chocolate and Vanilla Ice Cream, Peanut Butter and Chocolate Morsels, Whipped Cream, and a Cherry. Always a classic.

Service was great today and our waitress was super friendly and talked with us for awhile. Even though we totally did not need lunch I can't miss out on this place. It is a must do for me. It's cheap and fun and tasty. My three favorite things!

We walked over to Boardwalk and took a bus to the Springs and walked back to SSR. We had no plans for the evening, so we devised a last minute plan. We walked back over to the Springs and got on a bus to Grand Floridian. I really wanted to see the Easter egg display! My pics aren't the best, but here you go.

These were amazing and my pics do them no justice. After this we took the monorail over to Poly to finish what we attempt to start the other day. Food and drinks at Tambu Lounge!

We had to wait a little bit for a seat to open up at the bar, but once a few people left we finally got to settle in.

I started with the Tropical Macaw.

This was delicious and did not taste at all boozy. For some odd reason I took no pics of Rob's drinks but he had the Backscratcher, a Smoked Turkey and a Captain's Mai Tai.

For food Rob got the wings which he really loved.

I got the Pulled Pork Nachos. Polynesian chips topped with pork, cheese, pineapple salsa and spicy Mayonnaise.

These were phenomenal! So much pork. And I love the chips they serve them on.

At the last minute I decided to go for it. I couldn't help myself. I got the 'Ohana Bread Pudding.

I can't help myself!

Now it's time to call it a day.

Final totals for the day. We walked 7.46 miles. I saved $2.80 on a passholder F&G shirt I had to have with our AP discount. We saved $7.25 at Beaches & Cream, $8.70 at Captain's Grille and $13.05 at Tambu Lounge with our TiW. We worked the TiW card today!

I'm impressed you were able to eat after watching Hateful Eight!! Movies don't normally do this to me, but I about tossed my cookies during that one! It was an awesome movie though!

can't believe that I have got so far behind. I wonder if the juice at Kona Café is per glass or refillable for the cost. Do you know?

Wow! Great updates. Bongos has been off of my list for years and I see no reason to give it another shot given your treatment. The nachos at Tambu Lounge look amazing!

I think I'm totally going to start calling Disney Springs, Jeri Springs cause you totally own that joint! Or at least all of the joint minus bongo's. What a horrible experience. Servers being unable to go into the kitchen, yet unable to articulate that is just plain ridiculous. Hope you just left a souvenir glass as the tip :P Bonus though for WPE helping you regain your JS title!

Captains Grille looks so good. My hubby loves breakfast (me not so much but I love a bloody mary) so we definitely have to check that out.

Glad you finally go tour treats at the Tambu Lounge. And FYI they don't have the wings, but Captain Cooks has some pretty similar (and yummy) nachos

We had a nice leisurely stroll around the Beach Club area on our way to Epcot

GORGEOUS photos in this installment! Makes me more than a little homesick for Crescent Lake.

I love the hot dogs here. And the onion rings are heaven. Last time the pickle spear was sweet which I didn't like, but this time it was back to being dilly. Is dilly a word? It is now. :laughing:

Of course it's a word! Haven't you ever had a Dilly bar at Dairy Queen :rotfl:

For some odd reason I took no pics of Rob's drinks but he had the Backscratcher

AH! My absolute favorite drink of anywhere on property. Your 3 Bongos cups bring to mind one particular monorail crawl where I was toting around about 4 bamboo backscratchers (not all mine!) and (probably not surprisingly) managed to lose all of them AND my jacket before the night was over...:scratchin

And it's crazy because the food was so good, but the service just put me off this place so badly.
Some people are just not cut out be servers :sad2:. And it sounds like your server is definitely one of them .

Rob was a sucker and ordered off the menu. :laughing:
TOTAL SUCKER :laughing:

Oh, I love your t-shirt!

IMG_2352.jpg
Gorgeous photo.

For food Rob got the wings which he really loved.

I got the Pulled Pork Nachos. Polynesian chips topped with pork, cheese, pineapple salsa and spicy Mayonnaise.

These were phenomenal! So much pork. And I love the chips they serve them on.

At the last minute I decided to go for it. I couldn't help myself. I got the 'Ohana Bread Pudding.

I would devour each of these dishes. YUM!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter