16 Day Spring Break! I'm An Adult, I Do What I Want ;) *Update 8/17 Complete!

I'm late in getting caught up, but wow you've got me craving some firecracker shrimp at 8 AM. Ha!

We did the same with Y&Y - I got a gift card from a rewards thing at work and thought well lets give it a try. We ended up loving it. I've cashed in my rewards a couple of times. Stinks that the AP discount is only 10% off of entrees, but we will definitely keep going back there. I am always tempted by the fish tacos and those firecracker shrimp. We've done the ahi tuna nachos and potstickers, both pretty good! If anything I'd skip the potstickers but the shrimp are totally on my list. ;)

IMG_2144.jpg

LOL, I can't say I wouldn't have done the same. I've been DYING for a Disney Dooney and I think the F&G print is just so cute! Great pick!

I was feeling much better and so we went back to The Springs in search of dinner. The original plan was to do Raglan Road for dinner today because it just seemed wrong not to, but it was so crowded and there was a cover charge. I'm not one to complain about price in Disney World, but come on man. We just want to eat, not hang around and party, so we went with a much easier, cheaper, non-alcoholic option. WPE! It was a huge line, but we decided to still eat here despite some second thoughts.

Cover charge!? That is crazy to me. I guess it might keep it from getting too insane?! Bummer that you missed it on St Patty's!

That will teach me to drink three huge green sugary ciders on a hot day. Actually, it probably won't. :laughing:

Will we ever learn? Probably not! ;)

These were delicious! They had a little bit of heat too which was nice. I really can't decide if I like these better than the ones at Y&Y. They were both awesome.

These look awesome!!

We had been eyeing these online. At $14 these were the best deal on the menu for sure. He was pretty excited to try these and he said they were really good and would get them again.

I thought the same when I saw the $14 price tag. A steal for sure. They look great, I've heard a lot of people say they are good!

No TiW here, but we did get 15% off with our AP. It is very pricey here and I would have a hard time swallowing the price of some of the entrees here, but I really enjoyed my meal and would absolutely come back. I want to ride in the amphicars too, but Rob refuses to pay for it. I'll wear him down one day. :laughing:

Good to know, I thought the prices were a bit steep for my liking, but I have really been wanting to eat here! Maybe it's best for appetizers/sandwich type entrees? I'm just hesitant to drop $50 on a steak most places, haha.

Love your SW dessert party review! I would totally do it just for the BB8 cupcake alone. I have been enjoying you IG photos throughout the south, looks like you are having a blast.

Thats great that you get to go back again in October. I always like your dining reports because you guys are so cute and your reviews are really informative. Anxious to hear how you like taking the train, we are considering it for a future trip.

Thanks so much! I took the train to Florida with my dad a few years ago and the main problem was that I was too uncomfortable to sleep. This time Rob and I will have a roomette, so that should help to be comfortable and have some privacy. I'm hoping it works out well.

O-M-G the lobster roll looks heavenly!
The Ghirardelli sundae.....oh my....
The frozen Nutella.....I'm drooling!!!

The lobster roll was awesome! Love it. Frozen Nutella was definitely quite the treat. A pretty unique option I thought.

Oh my gosh, I'm so glad I stumbled upon you report. I have really enjoyed it. I'm living vicariously through your cocktail pics! Thanks for such an entertaining report. Looking forward to the next installment.

Thanks so much! More coming up!

I love your big updates!! I still haven't made it to Jock's but Boathouse has fast become a favorite. And those sliders are delicious!!! When I first saw them & more specifically the price, I also said "no way" to the amphicars but the more I sit out at the dock bar and watch people have such fun, I am coming around. I'm sure you can wear Rob down! The SW dessert party looks so fun!!

I can't wait to go to Boathouse again. They have a dessert I need to try next time. The dessert party was a blast! I would definitely do something like this again.

Glad you also loved the boathouse! Those firecracker shrimp are amazing! While the steak is pricey there - it is definitely worth it as it is so so tender and flavorful!

Really happy to hear the dessert party was a good time and that they had something other than sweets! that type of sugar overload is something I've always struggled with at the dessert parties as they didn't used to have savory to balance it out. Guess Disney finally learned! You really do love that mug :)

Good to know that the steak is worth the price. I really want to splurge on something amazing there next time. That is my issue with the dessert parties also. I need something savory. The cheese and biscuits helped to balance things out for me. :laughing: It's a good thing we have two of the mugs because I'll probably wear one out from use.

I saw the Boathouse menu and thought to myself, "She is SO getting that lobster roll" lol.

Nice update! I'm a savory snacking kind of girl, so thanks for the details about the dessert party.

:laughing: You called it! I'm so glad I got it too.

I like having the sweet and savory to go back and forth between, so these options were terrific for me.

Woo hoo! :cool1:

Oh, that looks really delicious! And not a vegetable in sight - yum, yum (fries don't count :laughing:)

Wow, gorgeous pic.

Bummer about the raw onions but other than that, it looks amazing.

:magnify: Is that...is that...a creme brulee topping?! :lovestruc:faint:

Seriously, beautiful photo!

Oh, yeah, come to momma! :laughing:

Yes, the WPE cheesecake has a creme brulee topping. It is seriously amazing! One of my all time favorite cheesecakes.

Dang! Your review really makes me want to do the dessert party at HS... after we attended the Epcot one last fall I basically swore off dessert parties. It was okay but I didn't think it was a good value for what you got. The HS one looks much better though!

From what I have seen of other dessert parties, the Star Wars one seems like the clear winner. The others are too sugar heavy it seems. Hopefully Disney learns from this one and changes up some of the options at their dessert parties in the future.

wow great updates. Would love to try many of the restaurants you visited. Except Raglan Road, one bad experience was enough.

Thank you! That's too bad that you had a not so great Raglan Road experience. I know how you feel. Sometimes one bad experience is enough to swear you off of a place, no matter how many positive reviews you see.

I would have LOVED to book that HS dessert party for our trip next month. Too bad they don't offer it at that time. I don't usually like those type of things, but with the addition of drinks and some light appetizers, it makes it more appealing.

That's a shame you couldn't do the dessert party for your upcoming trip. Hopefully you get to try it on a future trip. The drinks made it so worth the cost.

Love the look of the dessert party

It was definitely a great experience!

Wow the SW dessert party does look really good! We did the dessert party at MK a few years back (before the crazy price increase) and, even at the old price, we weren't impressed with the desserts at all. But between the drinks and the desserts it does look worth it.

And the Boathouse looks better than I thought it would! I've been going back and forth on trying to fit it in for our Nov. trip but DH isn't really into it. Might save it for our next adults only trip but Rob's sliders look right up my alley :thumbsup2

And ugh, so sorry about your headache :headache: I suffer from migraines so I know what a debilitating headache can do to your day. Glad it didn't last!

Nice D&B :) I have 3 Disney ones now. I may be addicted lol.

That's a bummer about the MK dessert party. This one was definitely more bang for your buck.

I was torn on Boathouse too, but I am so glad we tried it this trip. I would definitely go back.

I can't imagine dealing with migraines. I truly feel for you because I am sure it is terrible.

I have a serious Dooney addiction myself. I want them all! :laughing:

I thought the star wars fireworks dessert party was worth the money too! Although I do wish they had chairs.
I must be the odd one out because I loved those C3PO crackers! They were so light and cheesy!

I was so relieved when I saw your dessert party review before my trip. I was worried it would be a bust, but you put my mind at ease. Chairs would be the only change I would make to this event. My legs were worn out by the end of the night.

Another fabulous update! You two sure know how to Disney right! We were there at the same time....we had thought about RR on St Patty's too but couldn't get reservations. Wasn't the Springs crazy that night??

Love your F&G bag!!! Is that your first Disney Dooney? I have four and am planning on getting the new IASW bag this summer. Love, love, love them! It is a whole crazy sub-culture of it's own.View attachment 177011
This is a favourite of mine, I carry it almost every day. I'm such a Haunted Mansion geek! Can't wait for your next update!

That's awesome we were there at the same time! Too bad we didn't run into each other. I think they didn't even take reservations at R&R that day because I tried at the 180 day mark and there was nothing. I think it was because of the cover charge that day. The Springs was absolutely insane that day! Yikes!

I have a few Disney Dooneys now. I love them all. I love your HM bag!!! I have been eyeing that one for awhile. It's super cute!

Loving your review! Can't wait to see the rest.

Thank you! More coming up!

Love your food reviews and your pics are making me so hungry right now! Also I want your BB-8 ears! Adorable :D

Thank you! :laughing: I get so hungry writing them too. I loved those ears! It took me weeks to find ones I really liked on Etsy.

Wow, when you say massive you mean massive :-)

So happy to hear you all enjoyed the boathouse. Hubby and I are planning an appetizer crawl at DTD next trip and Boathouse is most definitely on the list. And I think after years of drooling at your reports, we're finally gonna get ourselves to Ghiardelli too!

The fireworks party looks like so much fun. I've contemplated doing it and think I would if it was just my hubby and I, as I know we could eat and drink our way through it, but its the kids price tag I just can't palate. Of course if it comes with a chewie cup..... :-)

An appetizer crawl sounds like a great idea! I recommend the firecracker shrimp at Boathouse and the crab rangoon at Morimoto. Definitely give Ghirardelli a try too!

Yeah, that is tough to have to pay such a high price for your daughter too. It really ups the cost. But like you said, Chewie cup! :rotfl2:

I'm late in getting caught up, but wow you've got me craving some firecracker shrimp at 8 AM. Ha!

We did the same with Y&Y - I got a gift card from a rewards thing at work and thought well lets give it a try. We ended up loving it. I've cashed in my rewards a couple of times. Stinks that the AP discount is only 10% off of entrees, but we will definitely keep going back there. I am always tempted by the fish tacos and those firecracker shrimp. We've done the ahi tuna nachos and potstickers, both pretty good! If anything I'd skip the potstickers but the shrimp are totally on my list. ;)

LOL, I can't say I wouldn't have done the same. I've been DYING for a Disney Dooney and I think the F&G print is just so cute! Great pick!

Cover charge!? That is crazy to me. I guess it might keep it from getting too insane?! Bummer that you missed it on St Patty's!

Will we ever learn? Probably not! ;)

These look awesome!!

I thought the same when I saw the $14 price tag. A steal for sure. They look great, I've heard a lot of people say they are good!

Good to know, I thought the prices were a bit steep for my liking, but I have really been wanting to eat here! Maybe it's best for appetizers/sandwich type entrees? I'm just hesitant to drop $50 on a steak most places, haha.

Glad to hear you liked Y&Y too! They have so many great options to chose from. You could make a meal out of just the appetizers for sure.

The Disney Dooneys are always so cute. I told myself I wasn't going to get this one, but Figment was too cute to resist.

I am assuming the cover charge was in fact to keep it from getting insane in there, but it did kinda stink though. I really wanted to be there for St. Patty's, but what can you do. At least we got to have green beers at Epcot. And you're right, I will definitely never learn lol.

Boathouse was definitely great for apps and sandwiches. The price for those were still somewhat high, but much more palatable.

joining in now!! just ready your 2013 F&W report and loved it!! found this report and am so excited to read the rest :flower1:

Thanks so much for joining in! Glad to hear you enjoyed my F&W DR. We will be back there in October, so I will have another F&W report coming up this year. I can't wait!

Love your SW dessert party review! I would totally do it just for the BB8 cupcake alone. I have been enjoying you IG photos throughout the south, looks like you are having a blast.

Thanks Lori!I can't lie, the BB-8 cupcake played a huge part in my decision to do this. I had an awesome time in Tennessee! It was so cool and we got to do so much stuff. I loved it down there!

The next morning we were up early and decided to take a break from the parks that morning. We walked over to The Springs at 9am for breakfast right at opening at our favorite, WPE.

They have a small but awesome breakfast menu here.

We both ordered a juice to drink and Rob got a coffee. We ate in the restaurant this time.

I ordered the Breakfast Pizza with Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, Mozzarella, Cheddar, Caramelized Onions.

And a mouth watering close up.

OMG this is just too good! I was disappointed when this first came out because the girl at the register asked me when I ordered if I wanted the onions and I love the caramelized onions on this and said that yes I did want them, but I didn't see them on the pizza. However, my worries were unwarranted because the onions were under the cheese. Phew. This pizza is heaven. I could only finish half and took the other half with me in a take out container.

Rob ordered the Sunrise Sandwich with eggs, bacon, cheddar and tomato and a side of breakfast potatoes.

He enjoyed his sandwich, but was quite jealous of my pizza.

After breakfast we walked over to AMC and along the way I snapped a couple of pics of the actual Springs area that wasn't open at the time by holding my camera up over the wall.

Now that this is actually open there are way better pics out there, but it was cool at the time. :laughing:

When we got to AMC they were having a special screening of the original Alice in Wonderland for D23 members and were giving out cool stuff to those attending. I was wishing I could become a member on the spot to attend. I was totally jealous! We saw the abysmal Brothers Grimsby, but I did get to eat the rest of my pizza during the movie, so at least I had that going for me.

After the movie we stopped for a treat on our way back to the room. Gotta be Ghirardelli!

When you go in you place your order and then wait to pick it up if you are taking it to go our they give you a number to put on one of the tables they have if you are eating there. It was pouring outside at this point which usually means that this place is mobbed, but there were actually very few people in there for a change. The woman ringing us up though kept insisting we get ours to go. She kept saying they needed the tables free for customers. Ummmm, and what are we? It was so bizarre. She made a big deal about it and kept telling us to get it to go because of the rain. That is a reason to not get it to go you lunatic. So, so, so strange. Eventually we had our order in and a table inside. Our ice cream came out pretty quickly.

I got the Ocean Beach sundae again, this time going back to butter pecan ice cream.

Rob got a Hot Fudge Sundae with sliced strawberries and cookie dough ice cream.

After ice cream we really needed to do laundry. Fortunately the laundry room by the main pool at SSR is awesome and even has this cool thing you can scan to keep track of where your laundry is at time wise while they are in the machines.

Definitely makes things easier.

It was cool outside, but the rain slowed down to a very minimal drizzle, so we went to the pool in hopes of using the hot tub, but one family sat in there for 45 minutes, so we finally gave up and left since it was too chilly to stay in the pool.

With laundry out of the way we were ready to go back into a park for the evening. Epcot here we come!

I recently rope-dropped Disney Springs and it was so nice to be there with such low crowds! I missed out on breakfast though - that pizza looks soooo good!! Super weird about the tables. Do you know in all my visits, I've never been there. Next time! That laundry "app" is cool! Very convenient!

Strawberries and cookie dough?! Now that's interesting. So did the woman convince you to eat there? I know I would have!:tongue:

That cashier was weird! I mean you are ordering ice cream!

Looks like you had a good morning around Disney Springs! I love how you see so many movies while you are there. I think you are one of the few people I know that sees as many movies as I do!

Man, you all do Disney Spring right!!!! Looks like a great breakfast at WPE

I have shown the DH several of your pictures and we are doing some new restaruants next year based on your reviews!

For real... that is so weird.

It really was. We still talk about it lol.

Wow that breakfast pizza really needs to be in my life :rotfl2:

Right?! It's sooooo good.

I recently rope-dropped Disney Springs and it was so nice to be there with such low crowds! I missed out on breakfast though - that pizza looks soooo good!! Super weird about the tables. Do you know in all my visits, I've never been there. Next time! That laundry "app" is cool! Very convenient!

It really is great to be there so early with low crowds. It gets so crowded there as the day goes on.
You definitely MUST do Ghirardelli! We never miss it. I was loving that laundry app. I wish that had it at my apartment!

Strawberries and cookie dough?! Now that's interesting. So did the woman convince you to eat there? I know I would have!:tongue:

I thought so too. Odd combo, but he really enjoyed it.

That cashier was weird! I mean you are ordering ice cream!

Looks like you had a good morning around Disney Springs! I love how you see so many movies while you are there. I think you are one of the few people I know that sees as many movies as I do!

I know! She was so incredibly forceful about the whole thing too. Bizarre.

:laughing: We are definitely kindred spirits with the movies. I would go every day of my life if I had the time.

Man, you all do Disney Spring right!!!! Looks like a great breakfast at WPE

The Springs is becoming our favorite part of vacation. It's hard to not stay at SSR now because of our love for that area.

Wow! Awesome reviews. Loving it!

Thanks so much! :goodvibes

I have shown the DH several of your pictures and we are doing some new restaruants next year based on your reviews!

That is awesome! I hope you enjoy the new places you try!

Later that day we took a bus to Epcot to enjoy a stroll around F&G.

We started out with a ride on Spaceship Earth and then made our way back to WS to hit up our first booth of the evening. Urban Farm Eats!

Rob and I both ordered the Avive Natural Peach Sparkling Wine.

At $8.50 this was a pricey drink option, but it was well worth the money! We both loved it! It was so peachy and fresh and light. Loved it!

Both of us also ordered the Seared Pork Tenderloin with Mushroom Ragout, Spring Vegetables and Marble Potatoes.

This was absolutely delicious! And the CM working this booth hooked it up with the portion size. And I loved the presentation on the VeraTerra Dinnerware. So cute!

This was such a cute area of the Festival. They did a nice job.

Next we stopped at Cider House. Rob got a Snakebite. Cigar City Tampa-style Lager mixed with McKenzie's Black Cherry Hard Cider which he really enjoyed.

I got a lemon scone again. I loved these!

As we made our way over to France we saw this lovely sight.

I stopped at the Fleur De Lys booth and ordered the onion tart, but was given the Pulled Duck Confit with Braised Flageolet Beans.

I wanted to try both, so I didn't even correct them. In fact I wasn't even sure that I had ordered the right thing at first, but my receipt did confirm it. Oh well, no biggie. This was not great. The duck was good, but the beans were kinda bland. A smaller helping of beans would have been better.

Next we stopped at Smokehouse. I really didn't want anything alcoholic, so I got a Sweet Tea.

It was a bit too sweet for me, but it was pretty good.

Rob had the flight again.

I got the Pulled Pork Slider with Crispy Onions and Coleslaw.

This was really good. I loved the crispy onions and the coleslaw on it.

Rob got the Smoked Pork Ribs with Roasted Corn Salad.

He said they were good, but not great. He wasn't a big fan of the corn salad either.

Then we walked around, taking in the sights of the Festival.

Next I stopped at Karamell Kuche for a treat for later. Dark chocolate caramel with sea salt.

I ate this a couple days later and it was awesome! You can get caramels with sea salt so many places now, but this one remains my favorite I have ever had. The caramel is the right amount of soft and they are huge caramels. So good!

Then we stopped at the Jardin De Fiestas booth. There were beautiful flowers all around the booth.

Rob and I both got the Tacos de Camaron again. These were definitely a favorite for us.

Rob also got a Tecate Light Beer.

I loved the pepper garden they had nearby as well. Pretty cool.

Then we went over to The Land to ride Living with the Land, but the CMs outside the building told us the building was closed other than Garden Grill, which was weird since it was only 7:30pm. We were kinda bummed, but instead we rode the Nemo ride and then made our way out of the park for the evening. Even though it had been a dreary evening, we still made the most of it and the rain held out in the evening so that we could comfortably be outside in Epcot.

After we got back to SSR we decided to get something else to eat at Artist's Palette. Rob got the Cheeseburger flatbread.

He really liked this and was pleasantly surprised by how good it was.

I just wanted a snack, so I got a side order of their house made chips.

These hit the spot!

We ate in bed while we watched Dateline. We love Dateline. We're such an old couple. :laughing:

Today we walked 14,765 steps. No TiW usage today, but we did save $5.78 with our AP discount between WPE and Ghirardelli.

The next morning I woke up at 6:45am and was ready to get the day started. It was pouring down rain, which sucked, but we were hoping it would let up by the time we were in a park. We had breakfast reservations this morning, so I drove us over to Poly for Kona Cafe!

We got there about 20 minutes before our reservation, but they still seated us right away.

We both got the Liliko'i Juice and split a French Press Pot.

We both ordered the The Samoan. Poached Eggs with Hollandaise served over Smoked Pulled Pork Hash.

I have had this so many times, but it was the best one ever! So much pork and very few onions. Amazing.

Now it's time to head into MK. Aloha Polynesian!

Fortunately the rain let up and we hopped on the monorail to make our way into MK for the morning. Good morning from the monorail!

The rain started up again, so back on went the ponchos. We went back and rode Haunted Mansion with no wait. When we came out the rain stopped again and we made our way over to Splash Mountain where we rode from the stand-by line with no wait and then rode again with a FP. So much fun!

Then we rode SDMT with another FP, did Philharmagic for the first time this trip which is always enjoyable, rode the People Mover, used our final FP for another ride on Haunted Mansion and then took the train the whole way around the park. I love riding the train. We definitely made the most out of our day and took advantage of the brief early morning rain.

The plan after MK was to get food at Tambu Lounge since we had to go back to Poly. The good news was that Tambu was open, the bad news was that they didn't serve food until 4pm. Bummer. But Rob did decide to grab a Lapu Lapu before we left. Why not?! It's vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter