15th anniversary trip?

mom2febgirls

Castle Decorator
My Dh and I are going to Vegas next month. We currently have a room at the Bellagio that I booked 2 months ago with a special for $104/nt. Now I regret not getting the Fountain View, but when I called to see about upgrading they said it would be $269/nt. I did not take it.

I've been reading about people who get upgraded at check-in, but I've never had that experience. What do you think my chances are if I ask for an upgrade?

I've stayed in Las Vegas dozens of times, stayed at almost every hotel on the strip, and I've never been offered a free upgrade at check in, even when asking what was available (I have paid at check in for an upgrade many times but it's never been given to me free).

You can certainly ask but $104/night at the Bellagio is a very good rate and I wouldn't be unhappy with a non-fountain view room at that rate. I've had fountain view rooms twice and I still prefer to view them from the street view anyway.

Las Vegas room rates can change by the second, depending on availability since most visitors do not book that far in advance, so you may be able to get that fountain view room at a lower rate closer to your trip.

I hope you have a Happy Anniversary.

and clearly the view is not worth that price.
When you check in they will often ask if it is a special occasion; mention your anniversary, it may get u an upgrade. We go on my bday nearly every year, and have been upgraded almost every time.
Another option is to take a $20 bill, folded, place between your cc & ID when you check in and politely ask if there are any upgrades available. They may find you a comped upgrade, or there may be none available (and I have never heard of clerk taking $ if there are not). Worth a try.
Have a wonderful time...24 days to go here...:banana:

I just wanted to let you all know that I did slip the desk clerk a $20 and was upgraded to a fountain view room :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter