15 year anniversary trip

CruiseBoundnKY

DIS Veteran
Hey budget friends!!!

I need help :confused3

Dh and I will celbrate our 15th wedding anniversary this year in December. We would love to get away without the kids for like 3 days or 4 at the most. We are in KY and would love to fly somewhere. We have our passports so Mexico is an option.

We go to TN Smoky Mountain area alot and I want something further away and more adventurous but economical. Like $1500 range. I've thought about Vegas or Cancun, but I'm so scared that we would book through the wrong place and end up being out a $$$$$ just to get to a reasonable hotel.

Any suggestion please.

Thanks ALOT in advance. Of course I'd love to go to Disney, but I doubt there is any way possible to convince him of that. :rolleyes:

Karen

You could definitely do Vegas or Cancun in that price range. Either one sounds good to me! I would do an all inclusive in Cancun or Playa del Carmen. The palace hotels are good for All Inclusive (Cancun Palace, Moon Palace, etc.) If you go to Vegas, I would check out The Flamingo, Bally's, Harrah's, The Mirage etc. Check out www.tripadvisor.com for hotel reviews. I would shoot for the beginning of the December, when I imagine you will find better rates than towards the end of December. Also, Vegas hotel rates are usually much better Mondays-Thursdays than the weekend.
Good luck and have fun!

My suggestion would be an all inclusive in Riviera Maya. Catalonia Royal Tulum is an adults only, intimate all inclusive property about 1.5 hours south of the Cancun airport. I send alot of honeymooners there and they come back raving about the property. It usually comes in at a very good price point too.

Early December (before the 15th or so) you will find the best pricing.
Our anniversary is in December too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!