13 hr roadtrip to see the Mouse~ June 2013 PTR

We will be there at the same time. We are staying at POR. I think we'll be at Crystal Palace the same morning too. I'm enjoying reading your plans. We have very similar ones!

Thanks for following along :) How cool we will be in the same place!

85 MORE DAYS!! Seems like it is taking forever!

We were originally at POFQ… I switched to Riverside because of the better discount. When I called and switched she said she had a royal guest room – me having no clue what that was said sounds great. Then I started looking and the royal rooms are lovely BUT my kids are boys (10 and 13) just didn’t think the theming was our best bet)

I could have just moved to different rooms but I started looking at the other moderates. CBR was out because smaller beds and that was why we were not booking value this time. I thought the pool looked nice and I started a thread on the dis asking pros and cons of CS.. All the responses I got helped sway me … Some of the responses I got were pool area/hot tub, spacious rooms, bus service was wonderful.. One also said lots of younger kids and very crowded at Riverside.

When its all said and done I may have switched again, lol

I want to stay at CSR too, but we have 5 of us on this trip. I was also thinking I could stay at Contemporary, but the cost was around $1000 more than POR. I figured we'd just stay at POR.

I think you did the right thing by not booking the princess royal room with your boys! lol. They wouldn't have appreciated it.

$1000?? Thats crazy .. we arent in the rooms enough to pay some of the prices for some of the resorts.. That would buy a lot of Disney pins for us to trade :rotfl2:

We are thinking of possibly booking next year and my parents going with us .. so we may do PO then and just see if we can get adjoining rooms ~ I am hoping there will be a really good bounce back offer pixiedust:

Another June visitor here too! Enjoying reading your plans. :)

You'll be so glad you added breakfast on at Kona-I love that place!

following along. We will be there last week of May first week of June. We plan to spend 3 of our 14 days at Star Wars weekends.

Another June visitor here too! Enjoying reading your plans. :)

You'll be so glad you added breakfast on at Kona-I love that place!

I am DEFINETLY looking forward to that :) I have heard so much about the Tonga Toast and my oldest son will be thrilled he can get a steak for breakfast :)

following along. We will be there last week of May first week of June. We plan to spend 3 of our 14 days at Star Wars weekends.

Our dates will overlap some then .. I am so excited! It is just taking so long to get here!

Well our dates have changed .. a little! Arriving 2 days later than planned and adding a day at the end. Reworked my itinerary but who knows that may change again also!

The only ADR I wasn’t able to reschedule is ‘Ohana—There are some in the 9:30-9:50 range but that is just too late for us. I will keep trying .
I did cancel our Coral Reef—I was on the fence about that one to begin with

Here are our ADR’s as of today -- they may change tomorrow, or even later today :rotfl:

Arrival day – Via Napoli 6:20 - can not wait to try this one!

Day 2 –Crystal Palace 8:20 (still shooting for 8:05 but nothing popping up so far)

Day 3 –Tusker House – 8:05 and Hoop de Doo 6:15

Day 4 – No Adr’s scheduled – the plan is snack around World Showcase and share some counter service meals so we can sample diferent things and that evening maybe walk over to Beaches and Cream for ice cream –The No Way Jose is calling my name!!!

Day 5 – Mama Melrose Fantasmic package 5:05

Day 6 – Be our Guest – 9:10 - probably just desserts and a glass of wine here since it is so late. I mostly just wanted to see the restaurant and was happy to get a late reservation, my youngest probably wouldn’t eat anything here anyway – I doubt he even chooses a dessert!

Day 7 – Sci Fi 11:45 (this is probably our favorite) I know people don’t always give Sci Fi a good review and I know it is nothing special but our family loves this restaurant :thumbsup2 We have eaten here on our 2 previous trips and it was the only one the kids asked and made sure I booked.

Day 8- Chefs de France @2 – This one I admit is just to see Remy – The kids will probably get counter service in America section and eat a dessert here since they are so stinkin’ picky! DH and I may split something

Departure day – Kona for breakfast

I haven’t updated in a month so thought I would do that! Only 42 more days and I am so excited ..

My plans have changed somewhat but think they may be set now!

We will probably leave on Saturday and drive to maybe Pensacola or Talahasse for the night– We will be stopping for lunch in Gulfport and to make a visit to the Disney outlet store here.
On Sunday we will drive on to Orlando and possibly stay at the Drury Inn.. no plans really. Maybe let the kids swim

Arrival day – the plan is to check in super early and spend the morning at the pool then head to Downtown Disney. Need to pick up my photo pass + card at DTD and will probably grab lunch at Earl of Sandwhich. For dinner we have an ‘Ohana ADR at 7:50.

Day 2 –Crystal Palace 8:20 (still shooting for 8:05 but nothing popping up so far) . We will be spending the day at MK until about 8 when we head to Epcot for EMH.

Day 3 –Tusker House – 8:05 and Hoop de Doo 6:15. Depending on how tired we are we may hop over to MK after HDDR for a few hours -

Day 4 – moved the Via Napoli ADR to this day and plan to snack around World Showcase some – We will be spending the whole day at Epcot and may also walk through the International Gateway and visit some of the resorts over there.

Day 5 – Mama Melrose Fantasmic package 5:05. Today we will be at HS all day to enjoy Star Wars Weekend fun!

Day 6 – Today we will be visiting AK for Early EMH and then hopping over to MK for the remainder of the day. We have Be our Guest ADR’s at 9:10 - probably just desserts and a glass of wine here since it is so late. I mostly just wanted to see the restaurant and was happy to get a late reservation, my youngest probably wouldn’t eat anything here anyway – I doubt he even chooses a dessert!

Day 7 – We will be spending this Sunday at HS again for anything we may have missed on Friday. We have Sci Fi ADR at 11:25 (this is probably our favorite) I know people don’t always give Sci Fi a good review and I know it is nothing special but our family loves this restaurant :thumbsup2 We have eaten here on our 2 previous trips and it was the only one the kids asked and made sure I booked. EMH @ MK this evening so we will probably head over there.

Day 8- This is day 2 at Epcot – ADR at Chefs de France @2 – This one I admit is just to see Remy – The kids will probably get counter service in America section and eat a dessert here since they are picky eaters! DH and I may split something. We will probably hop to HS for evening EMH.

Departure day – probably CS at the resort or snacks in case we still have any left on the DP.

On the way home we are stopping in Biloxi for a few days to just relax by the pool!

I can't believe our trip is ALMOST here!!! This time next week I will be totally unproductive at work waiting to turn on the "on vacation" email response and load up the car and head to Florida :cool1:

I am loving the Magic Kingdom webcam today! Wish I could be there for the 24 hour event!

I have added and changed ADR's and trip plans so many times but think i have everything set. Planning on doing most of my packing on Monday since I will be off -- Kids have 1 more week of school and Sunday is the grand opening of our church's new location so we will be busy with all the events coming up but I am still so super excited! I can not wait to head out of town :car:

After hearing all your fun traditions I had to seek put your pre trip report. I will have to catch up later. :)

MeeskaMomma said:
If you do this let me know how it turns out. I have really been debating firework options for next year.

if we get finished at Ohana next Monday in time we are going to try... will let you know.. fingers crossed for good weather!

we left our house in Texas yesterday at 6:30 a.m. The weather was great and we made good time..

we made a stop in Gulfport Mississippi at the Disney Store Outlet.. my oldest bought a few vinylmations - these are our first vinylmations!

uneventful day.. we stopped for dinner in Talahasse Florida at a Cracker Barrel... anytime we are on a trip we usually stop here.. tonights service and meal were lacking. just not that great.

finally stopped about 10:00 pm in lake city..

we headed out around 7 this morning.. we won't arrive at Disney until tomorrow but surprising the boys with 1 night at the nikelodeon hotel tonight!

How is the drive? We too are in Texas. We are going in August, but flying. We drove last time but opted to fly this time due to limited vacation days from work. We will probably drive next time because it just makes it so much cheaper.

hcruz496 said:
How is the drive? We too are in Texas. We are going in August, but flying. We drove last time but opted to fly this time due to limited vacation days from work. We will probably drive next time because it just makes it so much cheaper.

it really wasn't that bad this time... the weather was pretty so that helped. I hate driving in bad weather!!

I just found your pre-trip report and read through it. We always drive too and have around a 12 hour drive. I like your ADR choices. Via Napoli is great! Have a great trip!

Glad to hear you don't have to deal with driving in bad weather! We're flying out on Thursday. I just hope we're not delayed.

Post pics of the Welcome sign!!!

Have a great trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter