12 y.o eating off Child's Menu at California Grill

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Meredith71, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Meredith71

Meredith71 Mouseketeer

Hi, I am trying to figure out my ADR's and I am on DDP. I am over by one TS. We are planning on going to California Grill one night. My 12 year old daughter loves steak but would not be able to eat an adult portion. Could she order the steak off the kid's menu and we can pay OOP? Does anyone know the approximate size of the kid's steak portion?

Thanks,

Meredith

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ciera321

ciera321 DIS Veteran

Yes! Our DS15 ate off the kids menu last June at CG - no problem...:)

4. mhsjax

mhsjax DIS Veteran

I don't know about CG but at Narcoosee's the size is pathetic. My 9 year old ordered it. No kidding it must have been about 5 bites, the kid was starving still. We ended up giving him some of ours.

Even our daughter who eats like a bird wasn't full from the kids meals at WDW. We are now upgrading our 9 year old to adult dining plan.

5. Meredith71

Meredith71 Mouseketeer

Did he order the steak? If so, how was it? Were you on DDP and paid out of pocket for him?

Thanks,

Meredith

6. Meredith71

Meredith71 Mouseketeer

Does anyone know about the steak at CG? I usually split a steak between she and her brother (8) at home but 5 bites would not be enough. She cannot eat a full adult portion steak dinner though. I am torn. I hate to use 2 TS credits for her to only finish half her meal.

Thanks,

Meredith

7. ciera321

ciera321 DIS Veteran

It was probably about a 4 oz. filet and he loved it. It came with a large portion of mashed potatoes and he ate 2 or 3 pieces of bread and was getting dessert, so he was full. We paid out-of-pocket...:)

8. Meredith71

Meredith71 Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for the information. It really helps us to make our restaurant choices.

Meredith