• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

12 Hollywood Studios Rumors (A Disney Rumors video is on pg. 1) and (an update is on pg. 16)

Right now Hollywood is probably the worst of the 4 parks. But, if they do redo Hollywood it could become the 2nd best park in Florida. Right now it has too many blank spots and old shows like Indy and B&B. They need to add more rides and different and much more fresh shows. p.s. To the person that was comparing Disneyland and Disney World. It's not even close, Disney World is better in every way. It's bigger and there are a lot more things to do. From the castle to the location Florida wins hands down.
I've never been to Disneyland but I think it's really personal opinion if Disneyland or WDW is better. Disneyland is two parks with three hotels set in the middle of a major city. WDW is four parks over 20 resorts, two water parks, a sports center, etc. it's basically it's own city. Walt built a theme park that he could enjoy with his daughters, once he saw that worked he wanted to go bigger and better. Disneyland has a lot of things WDW including Carsland which many would call one of Disney's best works of all time. Without Disneyland there would be no Disney World. I'm waiting until I go to Disneyland for the first time to decide which is the better of the two. I do know that many who have been to both prefer Disneyland over WDW.

Right now Hollywood is probably the worst of the 4 parks.

But, if they do redo Hollywood it could become the 2nd best park in Florida. Right now it has too many blank spots and old shows like Indy and B&B. They need to add more rides and different and much more fresh shows.

p.s.

To the person that was comparing Disneyland and Disney World.

It's not even close, Disney World is better in every way. It's bigger and there are a lot more things to do. From the castle to the location Florida wins hands down.

Eh, there's no right or wrong answer to which is better. It's a matter of opinion. What might be a plus for some is a drawback for others. "Disney World is huge! There's so much to do and I love being 'in the bubble'" could also be said as "I hate that everything's so far away and so much of my vacation is wasted on crowded bus transportation." Then there's the nostalgia factor for which parks you grew up with and which park themes you prefer. Animal Kingdom is my favorite park -- Most people wouldn't agree with that. I prefer it even to Disney Sea -- No one would agree with that. Lol. It doesn't make me wrong though, that is my preference.

We will also be at Jellyroll's the 17th and 19th as well, with dinner at Yatchman's on the 17th beforehand. Not staying at BC, we could only get SSR.

I am not sure how much time we will be near the Canadian pavillion. I live 20 minutes from Canada and find that the last thing I want when I visit Epcot is more Canada. What is Unibroue anyways? I thought they only sold Moosehead?

Unibroue is a canadian brewer who makes belgian style ales. Used to only be available inside Le Cellier, but now is usually on tap in three varieties at the cart outside. two of them are around 9 percent beers, making them one of the best alc per $ values in the whole place... not to mention that they are excellent. La Fin Du Monde and Trois Pistoles are high alc and are great. The other is Ephemere and is lighter. still good though..... since you asked.

Unibroue is a canadian brewer who makes belgian style ales. Used to only be available inside Le Cellier, but now is usually on tap in three varieties at the cart outside. two of them are around 9 percent beers, making them one of the best alc per $ values in the whole place... not to mention that they are excellent. La Fin Du Monde and Trois Pistoles are high alc and are great. The other is Ephemere and is lighter. still good though..... since you asked.

Excellent...

That's the best piece of news on the "rumors and news" board ever.

Beer Dave knows his beers! (probably more useful at Epcot than being Skier Pete)

Hmm, I think I've had Trois Pistoles in Le Cellier. Canada (the country) does have some good high alcohol beers, but you have to watch out cause they can kick you're butt. I don't usually stop in Canada (the WS stop) for beer because we call that "local brew" here at home, and not a big fan of Moosehead which what I've always seen out there. But maybe I'll try one of those (in 13 days :dance3:).

Beer Dave knows his beers! (probably more useful at Epcot than being Skier Pete)

Hmm, I think I've had Trois Pistoles in Le Cellier. Canada (the country) does have some good high alcohol beers, but you have to watch out cause they can kick you're butt. I don't usually stop in Canada (the WS stop) for beer because we call that "local brew" here at home, and not a big fan of Moosehead which what I've always seen out there. But maybe I'll try one of those (in 13 days :dance3:).

lol... gotta be good at something.

That's funny because just today, a co-worker mentioned that he hadn't been to Epcot in years but recalled some sort of skiing attraction.

I have no idea what he was referring to.

I know they are expanding Pixar Place for sure. Which I'm happy about. Studios needs a few more family friendly and all kids age rides not just shows and Toy Story Mania.

I haven't heard about Indy. But they are expanding Star Wars.

Studios is going to have a 5 year refurb (so my friends who work there have said) Which it needs. I feel it will be a good facelift and to add new life and spruce up the old classic rides that are still there.

That's funny because just today, a co-worker mentioned that he hadn't been to Epcot in years but recalled some sort of skiing attraction.

I have no idea what he was referring to.

Well, there's the scene in soarin' that is in Lake Tahoe, but I wouldn't call that a "skiing ride". That's the closest I think they get at epcot. (The movie in France might have a scene at Chamonix, it's been too long.)

Well, there's the scene in soarin' that is in Lake Tahoe, but I wouldn't call that a "skiing ride". That's the closest I think they get at epcot. (The movie in France might have a scene at Chamonix, it's been too long.)

Maybe the canada movie? I hear you guys have snow.

skier_pete said:
If it's not too hot I plan on wearing my Indiana Jones style Fedora. If it's hot it'll probably be a Buffalo Sabres hat. (Hockey season starts next week!) The fez is in the shop. WE'll be at F&W on the 16th, 19th and 20th.

Let's go buffalo! I was just up there a few weeks ago for the (disappointing) bills/chargers game. We love catching sabres games when they come play the capitals

disneysource said:
p.s.

To the person that was comparing Disneyland and Disney World.

It's not even close, Disney World is better in every way. It's bigger and there are a lot more things to do. From the castle to the location Florida wins hands down.

This is very much a matter of opinion. Disney world is bigger, but bigger is not always better. As for more to do....dca and DL have appx the same amt of rides as all 4 wdw parks. They also have a lot of live entertainment in the parks..more highlighted than wdw. DL itself is also way better than MK, IMO (castle notwithstanding...I.love sleeping beauty castle, but Cinderella castle does win out there)

Personally, while I love wdw, DLR is my favorite of the 2. DH, though, feels the opposite and prefers WDW. It is all a matter of.opinion and perspective.

Let's go buffalo! I was just up there a few weeks ago for the (disappointing) bills/chargers game. We love catching sabres games when they come play the capitals

I don't want to hijack the thread too far, so I'll just say :thumbsup2

No offense guys, but I hope my Pats blow your team out this sunday. :)

Ok...
The three most overrated teams in the nfl
Are the pats, steelers, and any team with Peyton manning

And I say this as a born and raised steeler fan.

But it's not 2005...fans of all three are living on past glory

No offense guys, but I hope my Pats blow your team out this sunday. :)

No offense either - but I hope you are wrong.

As a Bills fan though - it's honestly refreshing to have a game that feels significant at any time of year. I am not expecting the Bills to win, I generally pick the team with the superior quarterback. However, the new owner will become official this week, and there is a buzz of excitement in Bills nation over the fact that our team has a solid home. (As a Patriots fan, you have no IDEA how lucky you have been to have the team you've been able to root for for the last 14 years. As Bills fans, we have to take what we can get.)

Back on topic... so I am still waiting for the official eating of my hat. I still question the veracity of them putting in another Toy Story track. If this is what they are doing, why wouldn't they just announce it. The new Fiscal Year has started, the investors can't get too upset. It's also not a TWO-year project, even by Disney's stretch of the imagination construction timing. The rides a friggin' ground switch rail track with a bunch of movie screens and day-glo paint. While not impossible, it can't be JUST about that.

As lockedoutlogic likes to say: T.O.T.S.

Ok...
The three most overrated teams in the nfl
Are the pats, steelers, and any team with Peyton manning

And I say this as a born and raised steeler fan.

But it's not 2005...fans of all three are living on past glory

You're just being jealous.

The Pats and Peyton Manning's teams are consistently great.

My Pats accomplishments this century

- they have gotten at least 10 wins a season for the past 13 yrs (except 02 when they got 9)
- they won 11 games with Matt Cassel as the starting quarterback
- they have gotten to 5 super bowls this century (thus far)
and
- they had a perfect regular season.

You're just being jealous.

The Pats and Peyton Manning's teams are consistently great.

My Pats accomplishments this century

- they have gotten at least 10 wins a season for the past 13 yrs (except 02 when they got 9)
- they won 11 games with Matt Cassel as the starting quarterback
- they have gotten to 5 super bowls this century (thus far)
and
- they had a perfect regular season.

Can't win the superbowl... Doesn't matter. That's the only winner each year.

If you're a pats fan... You may be a Red Sox fan as well...you should get it. 2nd place is first loser.

Just a reference point for the last 10 years:

SuperBowls:
Giants - 2
Steelers - 2
Ravens, Seahawks, packers, saints, Lesser Manning, Brady 1
Everyone else - 0

Live in the now, my friend. Don't listen to WEEI - specifically Callahan... They rot brains talking about the pats as if they have the Parcells defense they won with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter