12 Diets in 12 Months - Crazy Idea?

I've spent the morning redesigning my site - I can't decide if I like it better? I like the way it looks on my mobile device but not sure if I like it full screen on the computer? www.whatdietnext.com

I still need to tweak the colors some, but the new template didn't seem to install right where I can customize the text/header colors. Hopefully I hear back from support soon.

Now I've got to get to finishing my final review of MFP and summarize how Advocare works! I was out of town all last week on travel and didn't have time to do much. I'm down another 2.2 pounds as of this morning so I've officially borken the 15 pound mark (which is amazing considering I was on travel all last week)!!!

Congrats on the weight loss so far!!

And I like the new illustration on your blog!

Thanks!! I'm happy to have such a strong start!!

And thanks about the illustration!! I had an idea in my head and a friend of a friend connected me with a designer and I love what she ended up making for me!

Congrats on your overall weight loss. Can't wait to read about the next diet!

I've just completed my 2nd week on MFP. I had no weight loss the 2nd week and I was REALLY, REALLY good. But that's not unusual for me. Really, it takes me at least 3 weeks to see even one pound go so it was bit unusual to see 3 lbs go on the first week. It's a little depressing but I'm going to hang in there!

Ugh. I totally blew it. I flew down to FL to visit with my parents for 5 days and ate everything in sight. Worst part was I forgot to weigh myself before my trip so now I don't know what my 2nd week weigh-in was for watching calories. Grrrrr... And I don't dare step on the scale NOW! lol

Just wanted to check-in and say I hope next week goes great for both of you!!!

Your first month was awesome! I am looking forward to February and seeing where it takes you. I have decided to join you in the healthy eating and I am using my fitbit to track what I am eating.

And - hopefully next week goes fabulous for you as well with your healthy eating and fitbit @Riles_and_Gabe

And good luck to anyone else who is working hard this month to try to get healthy and lose some extra pounds :goodvibes

Advocare spark is the best! It's the one thing I kept after doing the challenge. All the supplements drove me insane. Good luck!

Well, I managed to step on the scale after being back home for 2 days. Scale was up, but after 5 days of watching calories, it actually moved in the right direction this time! I guess Christine was right - takes 3 weeks for things to work. Maybe because our bodies hold onto every bit of fat it can for as long as it can if you don't have a lot to lose in the first place? But eventually if you're persistent, it has no choice but to let some of it go, lol.

I'm dying to know how Advocare is working out for you?

Advocare spark is the best! It's the one thing I kept after doing the challenge. All the supplements drove me insane. Good luck!

I'm not typically a supplements type of person, so it is taking some getting used to!! LOL! Overall, how did you like the 24 Day Challenge?

The Spark is amazing and I will say I love the fiber drink. I usually take 2 fiber chewables in the morning, but (sorry for the TMI here) the fiber drink works much better!

Well, I managed to step on the scale after being back home for 2 days. Scale was up, but after 5 days of watching calories, it actually moved in the right direction this time! I guess Christine was right - takes 3 weeks for things to work. Maybe because our bodies hold onto every bit of fat it can for as long as it can if you don't have a lot to lose in the first place? But eventually if you're persistent, it has no choice but to let some of it go, lol.

I'm dying to know how Advocare is working out for you?

Awesome!! That's great that the scale is moving in the right direction - it's such a great feeling isn't it!!

So far, I'm liking Advocare. I weighed myself last Friday and I was down 2.2 pounds in the first 5 days, so we'll see what the scale says this Friday. As I mention above, I'm not a huge fan of supplements either, but I do feel like overall my mood and hunger levels are more manageable than last month. And it's hard going from calorie counting to focusing more on types of food to eat and when. I'm always paranoid I'm overeating. But occasionally I'll still do some rough estimates in my head and I think I'm sticking close to the 1,564 I was allocated on for MFP. I may be going over some, but probably not by too much. Maybe it was good I did MFP first. Maybe it was good to focus on portion control and sizes moving into Advocare?

I'll let you know the results on Friday!!

Are you still doing MFP?

The fiber drink is great! Totally agree. I down it super fast as its weird to drink so much floaty stuff. But it's not bad. Lol!

I liked the plan and it worked well for me. But I got tired very quickly of the pills. I've done the challenge a few times and now I just use it occasionally to jumpstart myself. And spark keeps me off sodas.

Really, at this point, I've done enough different things to sort of mesh things together. Guess you could say I'm on the Laura Diet. Lol!

The fiber drink is great! Totally agree. I down it super fast as its weird to drink so much floaty stuff. But it's not bad. Lol!

I liked the plan and it worked well for me. But I got tired very quickly of the pills. I've done the challenge a few times and now I just use it occasionally to jumpstart myself. And spark keeps me off sodas.

Really, at this point, I've done enough different things to sort of mesh things together. Guess you could say I'm on the Laura Diet. Lol!

Hahahaha! I understand the feeling of the diet carousel!

Have you ever done the 5-2 diet? I think I am going to replace the Blood Type Diet with the 5-2 and move it to March with VB6 to April.

Hahahaha! I understand the feeling of the diet carousel!

Have you ever done the 5-2 diet? I think I am going to replace the Blood Type Diet with the 5-2 and move it to March with VB6 to April.

Never done any of those. I've done advocare, isagenix, body for life, la weightloss...can't remember what else.

I use advocare spark and occasional fiber drink, isagenix morning shakes, some body for life recipes and workout tips, la weightloss food sheet and fast food recommendations...

Oh I've done My fitness pal too! I've moved to the Fitbit app though, for my tracking. I don't log on MFP anymore but Fitbit links to MFP and logs my weight there. I super love my Fitbit app!

Never done any of those. I've done advocare, isagenix, body for life, la weightloss...can't remember what else.

I use advocare spark and occasional fiber drink, isagenix morning shakes, some body for life recipes and workout tips, la weightloss food sheet and fast food recommendations...

Oh I've done My fitness pal too! I've moved to the Fitbit app though, for my tracking. I don't log on MFP anymore but Fitbit links to MFP and logs my weight there. I super love my Fitbit app!
How did you like the Body for Life one?

The fact that you still are "eyeballing" calories/portions etc ----I really think that by the end of the year not only will you have made tremendous progress (and meeting your goal) but you will have evolved into "your diet" --That is you will have incorporated into a healthy lifestyle all the things that worked for you.

And I am an idiot-I don't know why I haven't thought about sharing your blog at my work with wellness center and on our nutrition page inhouse until just now! Plan on doing that tomorrow! I really like how you talk yourself through things on your blog.

Body for life was good. I had good results and the recipes in the book are easy. The gym I was working out at was following it for workout classes so we did a lot of their reps and resting in between. I lost a lot of inches in a short time.

My family will eat a lot of the recipes happily so I'm happy to make them. They don't make the body for life protein bars anymore but they do still have myoplex. Myoplex is one of the only bars I can stand, so that's good.

I'm not typically a supplements type of person, so it is taking some getting used to!! LOL! Overall, how did you like the 24 Day Challenge?

The Spark is amazing and I will say I love the fiber drink. I usually take 2 fiber chewables in the morning, but (sorry for the TMI here) the fiber drink works much better!

Awesome!! That's great that the scale is moving in the right direction - it's such a great feeling isn't it!!

So far, I'm liking Advocare. I weighed myself last Friday and I was down 2.2 pounds in the first 5 days, so we'll see what the scale says this Friday. As I mention above, I'm not a huge fan of supplements either, but I do feel like overall my mood and hunger levels are more manageable than last month. And it's hard going from calorie counting to focusing more on types of food to eat and when. I'm always paranoid I'm overeating. But occasionally I'll still do some rough estimates in my head and I think I'm sticking close to the 1,564 I was allocated on for MFP. I may be going over some, but probably not by too much. Maybe it was good I did MFP first. Maybe it was good to focus on portion control and sizes moving into Advocare?

I'll let you know the results on Friday!!

Are you still doing MFP?

Haha, maybe once you start counting calories, you can't stop? lol

Yes, I'm still doing MFP for now. Have plans to switch to low carb with Atkins induction eating for 2 weeks beginning 2/15. I honestly find counting carbs a whole lot easier than counting calories. Maybe because I'm more used to doing it that way...

What are all the fiber drinks/supplements for? To fill you up so you don't feel hungry?

I've decided to try the 5:2 Diet. The idea is you eat "normal" for 5 days and then only restrict yourself for 2. But the restriction is like 500 calories...so we'll see how long I can do that. I bet I can get a decent amount of food in for 500 calories and I only have to do it twice a week. I have a friend who swears it works great and he sent me all sorts of research on how the plan works.

I haven't tried the isagenix but will check it out!!

The fact that you still are "eyeballing" calories/portions etc ----I really think that by the end of the year not only will you have made tremendous progress (and meeting your goal) but you will have evolved into "your diet" --That is you will have incorporated into a healthy lifestyle all the things that worked for you.

And I am an idiot-I don't know why I haven't thought about sharing your blog at my work with wellness center and on our nutrition page inhouse until just now! Plan on doing that tomorrow! I really like how you talk yourself through things on your blog.

Wow - thanks so much for sharing my blog and the positive feedback!!! :goodvibes

It's weird being so public...not that I'm shy, it's just I'm not usually posting pictures of myself in gym clothes and telling everyone how hungry I am so publicly - LOL! So I appreciate the encouragement!

And I'm hoping I make progress! I cannot wait to see where I am a year from now!

Haha, maybe once you start counting calories, you can't stop? lol

Yes, I'm still doing MFP for now. Have plans to switch to low carb with Atkins induction eating for 2 weeks beginning 2/15. I honestly find counting carbs a whole lot easier than counting calories. Maybe because I'm more used to doing it that way...

What are all the fiber drinks/supplements for? To fill you up so you don't feel hungry?

I know people who are successful on both - counting calories and counting carbs! It really is what works for everyone. And I'll take tips for Atkins when I get to it in the Fall :thumbsup2

And the fiber and supplements are to make you feel full and for energy. I think they work and like @Tigerlulu said, I can see how it's a great jump start to a diet plan, especially for people who want to get back into a healthy plan with something that provides structure and doesn't leave you feeling moody or hungry all the time.

Oh - and I think the fiber in the first 10 days is also to help "cleanse" the system...and it works LOL!!!

Well, yes, the larger the fish, the more mercury (hence why tuna is an issue).... but any and ALL fish can contain mercury and microplastics. And think about shellfish.... they are scavengers/filter feeders. What are they scavenging/filtering? Trash, among other things! I stopped eating liver before I stopped eating seafood, but for similar reasons.... why would I want to eat waste?? Shellfish are GREAT for the ocean because they are filter feeders..... but that doesn't make them very good food for us at a time when our oceans are more and more mistreated and polluted.

I'll step off my soapbox now.....it's just a topic I am passionate about. ....................P

Hey @pjlla - I thought of you tonight because I removed pescatarian from my diet plan! I am not as passionate about over fishing, but I do agree it is a huge problem! It's also because while I like fish, I don't love it. So a whole month seems unreasonable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter