12/6 Sailors - "ALL ABOARD"

mitcam

"Hooked"onPeter Pan
Haven't seen much action on this date - where is everyone? Is the ship not sold out, will I get upgraded (not sure I want it if we do!)

Anyone up for a meet?

Hey there! We'll be on that ship! It's my 40th birthday, so I insisted that my partner and 6 of our friends go on the Disney cruise--I'm very excited! (How did I get to be 40--I am still so immature!)

GoodFaerie

You know we are with you. We need to organize a meet. I know there are a few more people who have replied to previous threads for this date.

Well I don't seem to be able to stir up any additional people but lg123 and GoodFAERIE!

Maybe we will get huge upgrades! Any idea how crowded the ship is? Did it sell out for this sailing!

Still haven't received our information.

Decided on the Catamaran snorkel trip for our family excursion and more than likely the Dolphin swim but still iffy!

How about you 2? Any excursions booked! I am up for a meet and it sounds like the old ESPN bar might be a good place. I don't remember what they named it?

Lets keep in touch, it is so close I can almost feel the sun :sunny: and taste those Colada's :tongue:

My kids know it is coming but concept of time to a 7 & 5 year old is virtually non existant!
We are considering a limo to and from the airport in Boston the kids will love it! When are you all arriving to Orlando? :earsboy:

:wave2:
Carolyn

Hello Carolyn.

I have booked the Grand Caymen tour for DH & DD6 and that is about it. I intend on relaxing and getting a massage. :goodvibes

Definately want to meet. :happy1: I will try to organize something within the next week. I have never done this so any advice would be appreciated. Don't we have to wear green or something? Not really my color!!! :crazy2:

Hi Goodfairie.

Happy 40th in advance. We will be glad to celebrate with you.:wizard:

We are staying at the Quality Suites the night before.

Here is a link to the thread with the most replies for our cruise.:wave2:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=424124

Yes it would be great to meet!! (LG123, green is not my color either.) I'm still waiting on my docs. Maybe we've been upgraded to the royal disney suite, and Mickey wants to deliver them in person!!:goodvibes
DH is booked for the tulum tour, while myself and DD will do the dolphin Excursion in Cozumel. Booked the alantis sub excursion in the caymans, both early in the am so we may enjoy the beaches and scenery. Nothing for key west.

What is that! I think I might book more things tomorrow. If I could find an extra hour out of a day I would have so much more done!

We are at the Boardwalk for 3 nights prior to the cruise! :earseek:

Pippy - Welcome Aboard!
GoodFairie where are you!Don't leave the thread we have candles to blow out for you :teeth:

I've got three more folks to add to the list of cruisers.
Me DW and DD(8). See you there.
Green IS my color, but I'm flexible, lol.

:love2: :grouphug:

We will be there! This is our 1st Disney Cruise! :earsgirl: We have a 4 year old daughter Veronicaprincess: If we have a meet, it can't be in the ESPN Bar. They just revamped it and it is now the teen club:
"For teens, Disney introduces The Stack. This all-new space is designed with the varied and often hard to please interests of teens in mind, and is located in the ship's forward (faux) funnel atop Deck 11. The Stack replaces ESPN Skybox and achieves an isolated space, which teens crave. "
The new adult area is:
"Diversions, a traditional pub, provides guests a broad range of evening entertainment options with the addition of nightly themed activities. Here, the Pub Master hosts guests for sporting events, trivia-based game shows, piano sing-along entertainment and talent competitions. "
This info is from a Disney Travel Agent site. (I'm a travel agent in NH). Since I was able to get an agent rate for myself, the cruise is not booked too full. We are all hoping for upgrades!
pirate:

for a Dis meet on the cruise!

John and Michelle, I hope you will stay hooked with this group and plan on the meet!

Call from our travel agent today. Our cruise documents are in. Have to get down there and pick them up tomorrow. Getting excited! It’s just the 2 of us, married 28 years. Our first cruise was when Michelle talked me into trying one for our 25th, 7 days Eastern Disney cruise. We followed that with Royal Caribbean to Bermuda and Alaska. Now back to Disney. Our 2 sons are grown and our youngest gave us a great gift of our first grandchild, Elijah in August. We booked the conch train tour in Key West, Stingray City Observatory and Island tour in Grand Cayman, Tulum Ruins and beach tour, and the walking and kayak adventure at Castaway Cay. If you’ve never been to Castaway Cay your in for a treat!
John

ELIJAH'S GRANDPA - Congrats on the new baby! Check you PM and let us know if you will be joining us for the meet.

Anyone else up for the meet?

I didn't think that the kayak tour on Castaway would be that crowded - John, tell us what you know.

My DH and I would love to use the kayaks while the kids are digging for bones in the camp! Have you done it before.

What is a must for Castaway? Have you ever done the spa treatments?

Any info very much appreciated!

:cool:
Carolyn

Still no docs for us yet. :( :(
Not worried yet but getting close to it.
Where will the meet be-always assuming we get our docs?? :grouphug:

I’m new to this discussion board thing but I’m confused. Why two threads on the same subject. I’ve never done the Kayaks at Castaway Cay or anywhere else before. They didn’t have them at Casaway when we were then in Nov. 2000.
We did a 2 person message on our first cruise (something new for me) and it was GREAT. We did it on the boat but I here that the Cabana Messages on the island are out of this world. Last visit to Casaway we rode bikes, snorkeled, but the best part was relaxing on the beach. We had done so much on all our other ports that we were ready for that. The water is clear and warm. They serve drinks and lunch at beachside. It was like Fantasy Island. We spent most of the day at the adult beach, but the family beach looked just as beautiful. I also think they have a teen only beach (has to be a hit with the teens). While I was leaving the island at the end of the day I asked one of the crew members how they could always be so pleasant. Her reply was that it’s easy when you deal with people on vacation, but I don’t think she gives herself enough credit.
Of all the great things on this cruise, the food, entertainment, sites, new friends met, I think the best thing is the service. We really felt like we were the 2 most important people on board.
Picked up our documents yesterday, getting real excited.
John

We have two threads only because we had a thread out there for a long time and either people didn't see it or we don't have alot of Dis'ers on our cruise.

People have been mixing up which thread they post to. Some are on both, some on one but as long as everyone gets in touch pre-sailing that is the goal!

I think there are approx. 6-9 groups from the DIS that I counted who are posting to a thread, birthdays, anniversaries etc.. are being celebrated - sounds like it is going to be awesome!

Can't wait for Castaway!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter