12/23/2007 4 day - "Christmas on Castaway Cay" Cruise

Monstro

I'm addicted to the Hot Rocks!
OK! It's really early, but let's get started. Who's up for this winter WONDER land with us?

This cruise is scheduled at Castaway Cay for Christmas Day 2007 :santa:

Join the party!!!!

Our Sailing party consists of me, DW, and three DD's who will be 20, 15, and 13 at the time. :santa:

A massage on Castaway Cay. Can anyone think of a better way to spend Christmas Day? :santa:

Jumping on to subscribe. We're all booked to spend Christmas 2007 at Castaway Cay as well.

Kevin (Solotraveler) :earsboy:

Hey Kevin,

Welcome aboard. That's cool you ran the marathon. We went on a 4 day Wonder cruise that week and I was thinking of doing the half on Saturday and then boarding the Wonder on Sunday. Was it as cool as it looks?

Jeff

Monstro said:
Hey Kevin,

Welcome aboard. That's cool you ran the marathon. We went on a 4 day Wonder cruise that week and I was thinking of doing the half on Saturday and then boarding the Wonder on Sunday. Was it as cool as it looks?

Jeff

Cooler. :thumbsup2 It was my first marathon and was a really amazing experience. In addition to running through the parks and getting that Mickey medal, Disney definately knows how to do it right in terms of logisitics and race support as well.

This will actually be our very first cruise of any kind. My friend and I figured if we wanted to do something over next Christmas, Disney sounded like a good idea and we figured the cruise would be more relaxing than the parks at that time of year (Though we are probably going to fly down a few days early and hit the parks for a couple days beforehand.) It's something we've always wanted to do.

Only 645 days to go! :goodvibes

solotraveler said:
This will actually be our very first cruise of any kind. My friend and I figured if we wanted to do something over next Christmas, Disney sounded like a good idea and we figured the cruise would be more relaxing than the parks at that time of year (Though we are probably going to fly down a few days early and hit the parks for a couple days beforehand.) It's something we've always wanted to do.

Only 645 days to go! :goodvibes

I think you and your friend are going to love cruising. We are so hooked. I probably drive my friends nuts talking about our Disney Cruise it too much. Is there a forum for the marathon? I'm a wannabe runner

Have you ever heard of the 100 mile races though the desert or mountains?

I volunteered at the finish line of the Wasatch 100 two years ago. Simply amazing... a 100 mile race with 25,000 plus feet elavation gain and drop and people finish it in under 24 hours! WOW!

http://www.wasatch100.com/

Monstro said:
I think you and your friend are going to love cruising. We are so hooked. I probably drive my friends nuts talking about our Disney Cruise it too much. Is there a forum for the marathon? I'm a wannabe runner

Have you ever heard of the 100 mile races though the desert or mountains?

I volunteered at the finish line of the Wasatch 100 two years ago. Simply amazing... a 100 mile race with 25,000 plus feet elavation gain and drop and people finish it in under 24 hours! WOW!

http://www.wasatch100.com/

I've linked the WISH running club just below... we all trained together for the 2006 race and most of us are sticking around for the 2007 race as well. They're a great group and invaluable to me as a first timer.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1060483

I have heard about those 100 mile races. NO THANKS!! LOL! I have my limits! I'm willing to do the Goofy next year but that's a little much for me. I'll probably run marathons until I can't anymore, though. And good on you for volunteering!! They can't do races without the volunteers, that's for sure.

It dawns on me that if I run the 2008 race at Disney I'll be tapering on the ship.... and I can't think of anywhere better to rest up, LOL. I'm relaxed just thinking about it. :teeth:

Kevin

Monstro said:
solotraveler,

What is tapering?

When training for a distance race, you will generally build up your mileage throughout your training program. About three weeks out, you peak in terms of mileage and begin your "taper" where you cut way back on your mileage to allow plenty of time for your legs to recover before race day.

I can't think of a better place to taper than a cruise ship :teeth:

We will be onboard with you. We can't let Monstro cruise without us. We have been cruising with his family since 2002. There are 6 in our party. dw, dd15, dd12, dd9, and ds3. And Me. Atleast that will be all the ages when we sail. It will be our 10th Disney cruise. We can't wait to spend Christmas on Castaway Cay.

ugarxdawg said:
We will be onboard with you. We can't let Monstro cruise without us..............................................................................
.......It will be our 10th Disney cruise. We can't wait to spend Christmas on Castaway Cay.

We would not want to do it without you guys :) As Stephanie (our oldest) says "The cruise would not be the same with out them"

Monstro said:
We would not want to do it without you guys :) As Stephanie (our oldest) says "The cruise would not be the same with out them"
Our girls have said the same thing. Disney did a good job sitting us together for dinner. It has worked out great for everyone.

ugarxdawg said:
Our girls have said the same thing. Disney did a good job sitting us together for dinner. It has worked out great for everyone.

I agree.

We're getting closer... Christmas on Castaway Cay baby!

bump :)

Well if my friend and her family decide not to take us up on WDW for Xmas 07 then we will be on this cruise, should know by Feb.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter