11 years and 3 kids later, we POP back FEB 2015

Oddly, I had to go buy nail polish! I have been moving our cosmetics over to greener ones and tossed most of my polishes. These were the cheapest 3Free so I am happy overall.
We got our trading Pins today. They look to be authentic. One is questionable because of the number on the back but I can't tell for sure.

SAM_0220 by rideswithchrist, on Flickr

I am excited for the Chip and Dale pins and my hubby wants the Angry Mickey LOL.
I am hoping the kids will trade the Disneyland ones since we won't visit there for a few years.

Now to keep the pins and lanyards hidden from the kids until we arrive! That is going to be their "gift" the first night.
I also have some books and things for them to open in the car that came today. There is much anticipation because they can't open the packages we got (and there were a ton of them haha)

I think we are going to link our Magic Bands to our account so we get a running total (since we KNOW what our budget is)

Does anyone still pay with cash now a-days? I would like to do a mix, like cash for some souvenirs but food all on the MBs. But I don't want to lose my cash on accident (We only have like $200 spending money anyway)

Yay for pins! Exciting!

DH and I found that it was just easier to use the MB to pay on our last trip.

I was thinking it would be too, does it keep a running total, like a tab and then just charge it all at once- instead of individual tallies? If so- I want to do it that way and keep cash for tips. To me, that will help us stay on budget if we budget $500 for food and know that we are only at $350 so far, we have more to spend!

They keep a tab up to a certain dollar amount and then the card is automatically charged. I wanna say its $500 for value, $1500 for Mods and I can't remember the deluxe. They also automatically charge the card on the last night of the stay. You would have to go to the front desk for a tally but it shouldn't be hard to get a print out.

They keep a tab up to a certain dollar amount and then the card is automatically charged. I wanna say its $500 for value, $1500 for Mods and I can't remember the deluxe. They also automatically charge the card on the last night of the stay. You would have to go to the front desk for a tally but it shouldn't be hard to get a print out.

Awesome! I think we are going to do this- I like the idea and simplicity while on vacation!

Started packing today. The weather seems to be cooler that wee with a thunderstorm on Sat when we are doing AK and then leaving.

My mom gave the kids each $20 and we still have not taken the cans in to cash in- so far each kid has $80 spending money, which is a whole load for them!

I am getting very very excited and bough some new shoes just for the trip. Can I just say they are insanely comfy-? TRETORN- that is the Disney Shoe of choice!
zDJolMDDR-

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-02-14 at 11.08.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-02-14 at 11.08.05 AM.png
    77.6 KB · Views: 2
Hooray for packing! I always think my kids have "too much" spending money, but they usually find ways to spend all of it. I think your plans to keep track of spending make a lot of sense.

Yippee!!! Only 2 sleeps until we get the rental car.
Crazy packing, I had to buy my hubby underwear because he did not have enough to last a 10 day trip.
I also learned that we outgrew our normal packing gear. I had to stuff all of his into a backpack because 2 suitcases and a bag were not enough for a family of 5 for a week plus.

Before our next trip, I will be getting new suitcases, I think everyone needs their own.
I did do the baggy planning so each day is labeled and all we have to do is pull out that day.
I also put our "park bag" stuff in a mesh laundry bag so it is all see-through and would not hold up bag check.

We really need this time to get away too. I plan on turning OFF all our phones and not replying to anyone for texts or anything- just having family time.

Hooray for packing! I always think my kids have "too much" spending money, but they usually find ways to spend all of it. I think your plans to keep track of spending make a lot of sense.

I totally think $80 is too much haha! But I know it is also expensive there and it is vacation!

We are back!!! And I am already thinking of next year. We were only going to plan for every 2-3 years but the kids had so much fun and we did not get to do everything so DH said he wants to go every year for the next few years while they are little.
We will have to get a bigger room or 2 adjoining next time though so we are going to look into DVC in the next 2-3 years after we pay off some debts.

SAM_0437 by rideswithchrist, on Flickr

HIGHS:
*Turtle Talk! We did it twice, making sure we went back during a EMH so our kids could talk with him. DH was laughing harder than they were and my kids were saying "Tallahassee-e" all day.
*Also during EMH night- sneaking in the last 10 minutes for a Character meet, we got to hang out with each character and had WAY more interaction with them. We caught them goofing off with the handlers and such and it was so relaxed.
SAM_1315 by rideswithchrist, on Flickr

SAM_1321 by rideswithchrist, on Flickr

SAM_1327 by rideswithchrist, on Flickr

*We found the place where we took a "couples selfie" (before that was a thing) and recreated the picture. Then we had the kids take a pic too so it would be our annual (or whatever) photo spot to watch them grow.
(which of course I can't find on my flickr feed because it was on a phone! )
*And we got to see A&E thanks to this board!!!
SAM_1111 by rideswithchrist, on Flickr
SAM_1120 by rideswithchrist, on Flickr

*We got to ride 7DMT on a FP which they all LOVED.
*My 4 year old rode TT 3 times because she liked it that much. My hubby was not impressed with it, after waiting 11 years to finally ride it.
*Dole Whip. - meh, it was OK but I am a real-food person so it was not amazing. Maybe if it was 100 degrees and sunny, but at 68 and drizzle, not so much.
*School Bread was amazing however, as was EVERYTHING sweet we ate in Norway. I was bummed there was no Krumkake though, which is about as traditional as it gets- I wanted to test it against my homemade version.

LOWS:
*The 4 YO hated Barnstormer LOL
SAM_0526 by rideswithchrist, on Flickr
* We did have to do some solo riding because of being an odd numbered family
*I had to ride Space Mountain alone because DD7 HATED it and would not ride twice
*DS threw up on me as we boarded the bus to Epcot after lunch
*DD7 got sick with fever the last MK day so we missed some stuff
*I lost my ipad somewhere
* I missed Gaston
* you can no longer ride in the front of the monorail (DH was bummed for 3 days over this)

Things to prep for next time:
I needed more clothing for myself, or a washer/dryer break.
We needed more yogurt because the kids ate it for breakfast and again for dinner snack
A Costco pack of hummus cups is too much

Thank you Jesus for ponchos and umbrellas! It rained on us all day at AK Saturday, but I got to see an old friend that I have not seen since my wedding.
SAM_1347 by rideswithchrist, on Flickr

ALL IN ALL- we are ready to return again and since we stayed under budget (somehow)- I have the deposit ready to go!
We stayed on budget pretty well, we figured out FP+ after the 3rd day (I didn't realize it was a 1 hour WINDOW, so we rushed around during our times and missed a parade.

I have you moved. I was there the beginning of Feb. I never thought I would wear w winter coat in Florida. I had it on at EPCOT one night. It was 48 degrees that evening. Even cold for a Wisconsinite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter