11 years and 3 kids later, we POP back FEB 2015

AHH! The countdown just hit 30 days. I went online and customized our Magic Bands and the deadline is the 22nd for them, so I hope they will be sent out soon since they are on a room-only reservation right now.

I hope me customizing the bands and linking to our room doesn't throw off our TA.

As of today, all our clothing will be ready to do, just finished the two AT-AT shirts for my hubby and son and I will finish up the bearded Mickey tonight.

Wow! 30 days! How exciting! Your shirts are adorable. I am sure your DS will love them. Your dining plans look very relaxed.

Thanks everyone!

Yes, we like relaxed. If we are able to get an ADR for one, we will try for BOG as our "nice meal".

Since we are at the 30 day countdown, I just made these for my kids- they have to do their morning chores for the next 30 days to earn $30 more dollars for their personal spending money. When we go, they will each have $60 to spend.
These go in the piggy bank with their name on the back and then the day we leave, I will have them cash them in for real money. I will use it as a tool to have them turn it in for $5s and $10s. I Have not decided if I want them to only use gift cards or just let them spend cash. I don't like the plastic spending because it doesn't teach the value of money- BUT I don't want them loosing their money either!

Screen Shot 2015-01-21 at 9.47.57 AM by rideswithchrist, on Flickr

That's a great idea with the Disney dollars! I'm trying to get my boys to save more money for the trip, I might try something like this. You are so close!!

That's a great idea with the Disney dollars! I'm trying to get my boys to save more money for the trip, I might try something like this. You are so close!!

So far it has worked! We were going to give them money anyway, but this way they get to take ownership in earning it :p

Hooray for Magic Bands! It must make your trip feel that much closer.

As to the money, what I did when my kids were younger was just let them keep the Disney Dollars. When they wanted to buy something, they paid me in Disney dollars and then I bought the item however I was paying that day. It helped them see their money going down and I didn't have to worry about anything being lost.

Hooray for Magic Bands! It must make your trip feel that much closer.

As to the money, what I did when my kids were younger was just let them keep the Disney Dollars. When they wanted to buy something, they paid me in Disney dollars and then I bought the item however I was paying that day. It helped them see their money going down and I didn't have to worry about anything being lost.

BRILLIANT!
That is a win-win, they get to still pay mom and mom gives the actual cash money or whatever. That way I can put our budget on a Disney Gift card but they still get to use their "dollars".

Plus they have earned these so they can use them to hand over what they actually earned. paw: (That is the closest I could find to a high-five smiley)

Following along!!! Great Idea for the Disney Dollars!!! I think I will use that!!! We live in SE MO and will be doing a short 4 day weekend in October so we can experience MNSSHP, we have been to Disneyland twice but never to WDW so this is all new territory for me!! Can't wait to hear about your trip!

Whew- spent 6 hours shopping yesterday for ponchos, clickable sharpies (for the autograph books) glow-sticks, moleskins, crocs for my girls, and some other odds and ends for the car ride (bubbles, crayons, activity books etc)

Oh- AND our MBs arrived last week so we got to bling them out!
I am not sure how well the cheap nail polish is going to hold up though, they are already cracking. My son's Goofy is my favorite but I used stickers so it is bubbling.

IMG_3681 (1) by rideswithchrist, on Flickr

I really like the Minnie magic band. Did you just do clear nailpolish with tattoos/stickers or did you change all of the colors first? Ours ship in just two weeks and I can't wait to start decorating them.

I really like the Minnie magic band. Did you just do clear nailpolish with tattoos/stickers or did you change all of the colors first? Ours ship in just two weeks and I can't wait to start decorating them.

We picked our colors first and then just used tattoos. I should have done white nail polish UNDER Anna first to make her less green, but my daughther loves it anyway. I then used clear polish over the top of the band. I would find a flexible polish/topcoat because I can tell this is going to crack, but meh- my kids are so thrilled that it doesn't matter much.

My sons (Orange Goofy) is stickers and I don't think they are going to stay on well, even with the nail polish over if he gets it wet.

Got our tickets today: FP+ Booked.

Mon: MK, Dumbo 12:40 / Meet Mickey 3:40 / Meet Cinderella 6:40
Tues: DHS, TT 2:45 / Frozen 4:30 / TSM 5:45
Wed: Epcot: Meet Disney Pals 1:10 / TT 2:30 / Mission Space 3:55
Thur: Epcot 2: Soarin' 12:40/ Captain EO 1:55 / Turtle Talk 3:20
Fri: MK (no FP we are going to wing it this day) 6:00 Ressie for Pirates and Pals
Sat: AK, Kilimanjaro 9:25 / Bug 11:05 / Nemo Musical 12:30 (This is Depart. day so we will eat in the park all day too)

Congrats on the FPs! It looks like you were able to grab quite a few headliners and most of them at really nice times.

Thanks for the Magicband tips. With 2 girls I have a huge stockpile of nailpolish, so ours will probably be pretty colorful. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter