11 Days of Deluxe Dining - Updated 7/20 Dessert Party - final update

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reviews' started by DisDreamsAshley, Jan 29, 2013.

1. DisDreamsAshley

DisDreamsAshley Mouseketeer

Hello! Welcome to my first Dining Report....and trip report of any kind actually!

So here's us. Aren't we adorable? :)

[​IMG]

Now for some small introductions so that you know who we are!

I'm Ashley. This was my 8th trip to The World. I find an unhealthy level of enjoyment and fun with scheduling and rescheduling ADRs for our trips. I make spreadsheets, read reviews, look at pictures, and read more reviews to determine just where we will be dining for every single meal. I pretty much like everything except cooked cauliflower...it smells funny. ::rolleyes2:: And I'll try just about anything at least once, and I love me some dessert

My awesome DH is Chuck. This was his 4th trip to Disney. He's less of a planner and more of a wing it guy. The moment our plane lands in Florida, he's busy cancelling and rearranging my ADRs I so carefully planned. He changes his mind every day on where we should eat the next, but he does take my massive knowledge of Dis reviews in mind when decided where we shall go! ::yes:: He's much more a safe eater than I am, and he absolutely hates onions...except onion rings for some reason. He doesn't have much of a sweet tooth, and prefers appetizers to desserts.

So now that you know us a little better. Here is where we dined at this trip!

Liberty Tree Tavern
    Hollywood Brown Derby
    Yak & Yeti
    Kona
    Fulton's
    Le Cellier x2
    Nine Dragons
    California Grill
    Ohana
    Yak and Yeti
    Narcoossee's
    Be Our Guest
    Be Our Guest - lunch
    Be Our Guest
    Main Street Bakery and Min & Bill's
    T-Rex
    Tutto Italia
    MK Dessert Party

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. auntfrannie

auntfrannie DIS Veteran

Looks like a wonderful list of dining choices!

And yes, you two are adorable!

4. DreamingPink

DreamingPink Disney Veteran

Can't wait for your review on your meals. I have always wanted to do one, just too scared that no one may like it.:confused3...anywhoo, you are both adorable!

5. iloveeeyore

iloveeeyore DIS Veteran

YUP! :goodvibes

I'm in, and can't wait to read about all your dining adventures!

6. sjamom

sjamom Earning My Ears

These look great! Can't wait to read the reviews!

7. disnut1149

disnut1149 DIS Veteran

Hi
    Count me in!!

8. blair_ranea

blair_ranea Earning My Ears

Looks like one yummy trip! Coming along for the report! :)

9. PrincessTiannaLove

PrincessTiannaLove Earning My Ears

You are after my own heart...! Can't wait to read more!

10. Xclusive2WDW

Xclusive2WDW Mouseketeer

Subbing:goodvibes
    You two look absolutely wonderful and I am excited as I too live for desserts:thumbsup2

11. weswife

weswife DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2

I am here too!!!!

12. sydneysmom

sydneysmom needing a vacation....soon!

count me in too!! Can't wait to read your reviews.... you did a bunch of restaurants that we're going to be trying for the first time, so I'm excited about seeing how you liked them. popcorn::

13. TigerKat

TigerKat DIS Veteran

I'm in!:goodvibes

14. DisDreamsAshley

DisDreamsAshley Mouseketeer

Well hello everyone! Thank you for agreeing with our adorableness. :yay: I'm so excited to have people reading along!

Every trip we do the same thing on the first day. We check in at our hotel, Chuck naps while I unpack, and then we go eat dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern before Wishes. This time was no different. DH loves LTT. He is always super hungry from the long travel day, and it's all you can eat.

First of course is the salad. Now I love the dressing they put on the salad. DH however always forgets that they put onions on their salad, so he never remembers to get it without, and never eats any then. They did bring some rolls with honey butter as well, but they were a bit hard this time around.

[​IMG]

Next came out the sides and meats. Each time we go the sides are different. This time was my least favorite. They had some sort of warm greens, and these root vegetables. I liked the greens just fine, but Chuck found them a bit bitter. He didn't care for the root vegetables. I liked them and thought they were seasoned well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Of course I didn't get a picture of the mashed potatoes or mac & cheese. I think DH had already dove into those before I could remind him that we take pictures of Disney food! But for the record, I love their mac & cheese.

The meats were super yummy and cooked just right. I love the turkey and pork and found them very flavorful and tender. Chuck loves the steak, but I thought it was a little tough. He's a steak kinda guy as you'll find out along this report. Put a cow in front of him and he's one happy guy!

[​IMG]

By time we got the dessert we were both super stuffed so we only had a few bites of the Johnny Appleseed Cake. It's not chocolate, but I still think it's yummy! Our cake had a lot of cranberries in it this time though, just a little too much, but we only had a few bites.

[​IMG]

Our service here was pretty good. I think our servers name was Julie. I'm awful with names. I wrote it down and lots of notes in a notebook, but I seem to have misplaced it. She was very friendly and chatty, and brought out our food fairly quickly. Getting our check seemed to take forever, which we noticed as a trend this trip unfortunately.

Up next: The Brown Derby

15. tluvstink

tluvstink DIS Veteran

You're off to a great start and I'm looking forward to reading more:cool1:

I love dinner at LTT and now I want to go back!!

Terri

16. MrsB1228

MrsB1228 DIS Veteran

Great start and I'm looking forward to more!

And yes, you two are very adorable. :cutie:

17. wdwpirates

wdwpirates Don't lose ya soul cuz it's all ya got. - DH

Great start!!! I loved those root veggies when we were there in December. I think the greens are broccoli rabe...very bitter! They taste great on a pork sandwich with some garlic, though!!

Anyhow, I digress, can't wait to read more! Your list of dining spots is awesome!!

18. DLFan123

DLFan123 living the dream-literally!

Enjoying this so far. Can't wait to read more!

19. Phelpsie70

Phelpsie70 Mouseketeer

Great start, more Please!! :)

20. KristinAnne

KristinAnne DIS Veteran

I'm in! LTT always looks so yummy.

21. Ro Z

Ro Z DIS Veteran

Looking forward to more! Great start. Luv LTT turkey dinner at lunch. So I guess I would like dinner too!