A Pink Pixie Princess - Complete!

Yeah - the last pair of in-park ears I bought were the Old Hollywood Glam limited edition ones I wore this past weekend for Halloween. I LOVE them - because they're so different than all the other in-park ears.

Kinda like MagicBands, I need another pair of sequin ears like I need a hole in the head. I may just wear my all-silver ones from Disneyland for medal pictures at MVMCP. Le sigh.

#FirstWorldEarProblems
I have 2 pairs of in-park ears: the Christmas sequined green ears with the red bow, and the 60th ears they are selling at Disneyland. Both are pretty basic, as the kids say.

OMG I have like multiple sets of MagicBands in every color - no way do I need more of those! :eek:

Those ears are super cute! I want some now, and I have not been tempted by ears before. So fun! Do you run in them?
I know! Cute and addicting.

I won't use them for running for a couple of reasons...
1. I sweat a lot when I run, so I don't want to ruin them, and
2. I did run with ears on one time, for the Jingle Jungle 5K, and they gave me a headache. Not pleasant! :(

Love the ears!! So pretty and adorable. I've never really worn ears. I think they'd bug me too much, but I love seeing them on other people. Love the unique nature of all the ones you posted.

Inknburn...I've been debating about buying something from them for awhile, but the price has always put me off. But, with your resounding recommendation, I may have to give in.

Love the ears!! So pretty and adorable. I've never really worn ears. I think they'd bug me too much, but I love seeing them on other people. Love the unique nature of all the ones you posted.
I was never really all about ears until recently - thanks to my enabling BFF. :) They DO bug me sometimes...that's why I ended up selling some of the BBB ears. The Bow Mama ones are way more comfortable. I wish I'd figured that out before buying the BBB ones. :(
Inknburn...I've been debating about buying something from them for awhile, but the price has always put me off. But, with your resounding recommendation, I may have to give in.
It's so addicting...so, so addicting. Actually another thing that the same enabling BFF told me about! :eek:

With all of the stuff that has been going on with SparkleSkirts this year, I think I'm actually done buying from them. :eek: I've been selling a lot of my skirts and putting that money toward INKnBURN (I was almost at 30 skirts at one point - which is WAY too many - and am now at 20...which is probably still too many :p). That's how I'm justifying my purchases right now...:eek:

I was never really all about ears until recently - thanks to my enabling BFF. :) They DO bug me sometimes...that's why I ended up selling some of the BBB ears. The Bow Mama ones are way more comfortable. I wish I'd figured that out before buying the BBB ones. :(

It's so addicting...so, so addicting. Actually another thing that the same enabling BFF told me about! :eek:

With all of the stuff that has been going on with SparkleSkirts this year, I think I'm actually done buying from them. :eek: I've been selling a lot of my skirts and putting that money toward INKnBURN. That's how I'm justifying my purchases right now...:eek:

What??? Done with SparkleSkirts??? :sad1:

I'm still on a couple of custom lists so I'm going to finish up with those and then stop buying them for awhile. Not because I don't still love them, but I just am getting a LOT of them now. And with cooler temps now I start wearing more tights any way. I'll keep my eye on INKnBurn and maybe try some of their capris. Do they fit pretty true to size?

What??? Done with SparkleSkirts??? :sad1:
I think so...:( I've just been annoyed with them changing the fabric, and with the sizing inconsistencies. I've had multiple issues with them this year...

- the SeaSwirl shorts - they worked for me but I really didn't love them
- I was on the original BlackPearl order that got messed up - I ordered a M BlackPearl but it was sewn like a S. It wouldn't have been a huge deal - I've found that I can wear mediums OR smalls - but the way it was sewn was not good,. Seams puckering and things like that. I really should have returned it but I had wanted that skirt for SO long, so I ran in it once or twice. And each time I put it on I just wasn't excited about it because it was sewn so weirdly, so I ended up selling it
- I ordered a M custom that they sewed as a size small. It was in a batch with 3 other customs that were all M, so why that one was a S I have no idea. And that was with fabric that was available in a really small quantity (BigKahuna) so they couldn't re-make it. I ended up keeping it anyway because like I said, I can fit into smalls, and unlike the BlackPearl I mentioned above, this one was sewn perfectly since it was done right at SSHQ. Having said that, I'm still pretty bothered that I paid $90 for something and it wasn't made properly. They did refund me shipping though...

All of this has just sort of left me with a bad taste in my mouth. Which is a shame, because I really do think it's a great product. But for the price I feel like I do have a right to know exactly what I am getting.

I think more than my issues with SSHQ, though...I am really annoyed with the culture of the fan Facebook groups. The blind loyalty and mean girl/clique-y mentality that is on display has been a huge turn-off (you may know which group I am referring to - it's really one that I have a big problem with, though they have gotten better recently). I know that's not SSHQ's fault but it still makes me bitter. I'd leave said group except that I want to be able to sell my skirts at a later time. Of course, now that I've sold so many I may just leave anyway...

Oops, tangent! Apparently I hold grudges. :o And I just have so many feeeelings.
I'm still on a couple of custom lists so I'm going to finish up with those and then stop buying them for awhile. Not because I don't still love them, but I just am getting a LOT of them now. And with cooler temps now I start wearing more tights any way.
That was my other problem being in the Facebook groups. Before I joined those I think I had 3 skirts, and then I got up to almost 30, like I said before. :eek: I definitely got caught up in the group mentality of being super excited for every new skirt that came out and made a LOT of impulse purchases. I think you and I talked over PM about the customs lists, and I was signed up for a bunch recently, but I went through and removed myself from them (so as far as I know I have zero group customs coming to me) - luckily they were still in the early stages so I could do that without screwing things up for the group leaders. Which ones are you waiting on?
I'll keep my eye on INKnBurn and maybe try some of their capris. Do they fit pretty true to size?
Love their capris. I think people generally agree that they run big but that you can use the sizing chart as a good guide on the website. That's really my main issue with InB - I feel like sizing is really tough to nail down. And it's not consistent from piece to piece - people say to size up in the tights and shorts, but to size down in the capris. So you'll read about people who wear 4s in the capris, 6s in the tights and 8s in the shorts or something. I'd be a lot less annoyed by that if one of my local running stores carried InB so I could just try stuff on without ordering it first, but as far as I know we don't have them in Ohio at all.

I may not be the best person to ask about sizing though. This morning I was running in a M SparkleSkirt (TwilightSky) and the legs were riding up for the first half-mile or so, which makes me wonder if I need to start thinking about switching to smalls. :confused3 My INKnBURN capris are size 8s but they don't always stay up perfectly (similar to the skirt issue, for the first half-mile or so they fall down a bit), so should I wear a 6? Who knows. Next time I order capris I may order a 6 and an 8 so I can try them on side-by-side and see which I want to keep.

I think so...:( I've just been annoyed with them changing the fabric, and with the sizing inconsistencies. I've had multiple issues with them this year...

- the SeaSwirl shorts - they worked for me but I really didn't love them
- I was on the original BlackPearl order that got messed up - I ordered a M BlackPearl but it was sewn like a S. It wouldn't have been a huge deal - I've found that I can wear mediums OR smalls - but the way it was sewn was not good,. Seams puckering and things like that. I really should have returned it but I had wanted that skirt for SO long, so I ran in it once or twice. And each time I put it on I just wasn't excited about it because it was sewn so weirdly, so I ended up selling it
- I ordered a M custom that they sewed as a size small. It was in a batch with 3 other customs that were all M, so why that one was a S I have no idea. And that was with fabric that was available in a really small quantity (BigKahuna) so they couldn't re-make it. I ended up keeping it anyway because like I said, I can fit into smalls, and unlike the BlackPearl I mentioned above, this one was sewn perfectly since it was done right at SSHQ. Having said that, I'm still pretty bothered that I paid $90 for something and it wasn't made properly. They did refund me shipping though...

All of this has just sort of left me with a bad taste in my mouth. Which is a shame, because I really do think it's a great product. But for the price I feel like I do have a right to know exactly what I am getting.

I think more than my issues with SSHQ, though...I am really annoyed with the culture of the fan Facebook groups. The blind loyalty and mean girl/clique-y mentality that is on display has been a huge turn-off (you may know which group I am referring to - it's really one that I have a big problem with, though they have gotten better recently). I know that's not SSHQ's fault but it still makes me bitter. I'd leave said group except that I want to be able to sell my skirts at a later time. Of course, now that I've sold so many I may just leave anyway...

Oops, tangent! Apparently I hold grudges. :o And I just have so many feeeelings.

That was my other problem being in the Facebook groups. Before I joined those I think I had 3 skirts, and then I got up to almost 30, like I said before. :eek: I definitely got caught up in the group mentality of being super excited for every new skirt that came out and made a LOT of impulse purchases. I think you and I talked over PM about the customs lists, and I was signed up for a bunch recently, but I went through and removed myself from them (so as far as I know I have zero group customs coming to me) - luckily they were still in the early stages so I could do that without screwing things up for the group leaders. Which ones are you waiting on?

Well, since you've been victim to some of their production problems, I don't blame you for the disenchantment. I've been lucky so far and haven't really had any problems. I'm still set to get the Irish Lass (green plaid) skirt. I'm also on a list for a Doctor Who inspired skirt. I got overly excited and signed-up for a second one of those in a different color and I think I'm going to ask to drop from that. I'm also on one for Queen of Hearts (black/white/red). It's a long way out I think. I don't really have anything with tha color combo, so signed up for it.
I know what you mean about that Facebook group, but I just ignore that page for the most part other than if I'm tracking a skirt or on a custom list. I'll likely stay on it until I get my customs taken care of and then may choose to sell a few skirts myself.

Love their capris. I think people generally agree that they run big but that you can use the sizing chart as a good guide on the website. That's really my main issue with InB - I feel like sizing is really tough to nail down. And it's not consistent from piece to piece - people say to size up in the tights and shorts, but to size down in the capris. So you'll read about people who wear 4s in the capris, 6s in the tights and 8s in the shorts or something. I'd be a lot less annoyed by that if one of my local running stores carried InB so I could just try stuff on without ordering it first, but as far as I know we don't have them in Ohio at all.

I may not be the best person to ask about sizing though. This morning I was running in a M SparkleSkirt (TwilightSky) and the legs were riding up for the first half-mile or so, which makes me wonder if I need to start thinking about switching to smalls. :confused3 My INKnBURN capris are size 8s but they don't always stay up perfectly (similar to the skirt issue, for the first half-mile or so they fall down a bit), so should I wear a 6? Who knows. Next time I order capris I may order a 6 and an 8 so I can try them on side-by-side and see which I want to keep.

Hmmmm, well that makes it tougher doesn't it. I guess I'll just have to give it a try and see what plays out. I'll probably just start with a shirt and see how that goes before jumping into capris.

I've noticed some of my M SS skirt shorts are starting to ride up in the legs as well. I wondered if I needed to size down too, but I feel like the skirts are still the right size. #runningskirtproblems

Well, since you've been victim to some of their production problems, I don't blame you for the disenchantment. I've been lucky so far and haven't really had any problems. I'm still set to get the Irish Lass (green plaid) skirt. I'm also on a list for a Doctor Who inspired skirt. I got overly excited and signed-up for a second one of those in a different color and I think I'm going to ask to drop from that. I'm also on one for Queen of Hearts (black/white/red). It's a long way out I think. I don't really have anything with tha color combo, so signed up for it.
I know what you mean about that Facebook group, but I just ignore that page for the most part other than if I'm tracking a skirt or on a custom list. I'll likely stay on it until I get my customs taken care of and then may choose to sell a few skirts myself.
I'm glad that you haven't had any issues!

I was in the IrishLass group - that's one of the ones I was able to get out of. I know the other skirts you're talking about, the Dr. Who one looks cute!

I think the other reason I have stopped buying is that I have been stocking up on their solid-colored skirts because they go better with the INKnBURN skirts. It's hard to mix the patterns sometimes, and I have pretty much every solid-colored SparkleSkirt (I think the only ones I don't have are MudPie and DreamInPinkToo). So that makes the patterned skirts a lot less appealing to me, which means that most of the skirts aren't ones I want to buy. :confused3
Hmmmm, well that makes it tougher doesn't it. I guess I'll just have to give it a try and see what plays out. I'll probably just start with a shirt and see how that goes before jumping into capris.
It does. :( I have some store credit coming from them and just decided today that I want to get the Wildflower capris, so I'm trying to hold out until the credit goes through. When it does I'll probably order a 6 and an 8 (assuming those sizes are still left) and go from there.

I actually got the shirt sizing wrong on the first try, too - I can fit into mediums or smalls, and I originally ordered a small singlet - which was dumb because in the back of my mind I KNEW I'd like a medium better. I ended up trading with someone on Facebook, thankfully - the mediums are a tiny bit looser and and a tiny bit longer, which works better for me (I do still have one small in one of their classic shirts though - just because I wanted it and there weren't any mediums available).
I've noticed some of my M SS skirt shorts are starting to ride up in the legs as well. I wondered if I needed to size down too, but I feel like the skirts are still the right size. #runningskirtproblems
Yeah, I wonder if it would be worth it to get the legs tightened? It's sort of a pricey risk to take though...maybe you can try on a small at Wine & Dine...you know...THIS WEEKEND!! :eek:

When I was emailing Kate at SSHQ about customs I mentioned the legs riding up and she said that if that is happening, that is when they normally recommend to size down. It would be such a pain to try to get trades or whatever though.

I have mostly swings (and 2 vented slims) and I'm starting to feel like the swings are a little...billowy, I guess? Makes me want to try a traditional slim at some point. Maybe if SS is at Princess. :confused3

Yay another training report!

I will continue to live vicariously through you as I am not allowed to do any strenuous activity for the foreseeable future!

Yay another training report!

I will continue to live vicariously through you as I am not allowed to do any strenuous activity for the foreseeable future!
Hey Steph! :) Remind me again of your due date?! So exciting!

I'm so glad you are doing a training report! I was looking for one when you were doing the Dumbo Double Dare.

I've read and re-read all of your reports! You make runDisney races seem so fun I couldn't help but sign up for GSC+5K. I hope to have as much fun as you do! Kinda nervous about doing it solo.

I have T25. Should I be looking for something more weight based? I have been doing my runs when I get off at 130 and most of the group classes at the gym don't start til 5-6pm.

so glad you are doing one of these and that I found out , your trip reports were one of the things that originally got me to post and join in here, cant wait to see how things go for you

I'm so glad you are doing a training report! I was looking for one when you were doing the Dumbo Double Dare.
Thanks! :) Just needed a little break from reporting, I guess!
I've read and re-read all of your reports! You make runDisney races seem so fun I couldn't help but sign up for GSC+5K. I hope to have as much fun as you do! Kinda nervous about doing it solo.
Thanks for checking out my other reports, I'm glad you like them! :goodvibes

Here's the great thing about doing the races solo, though - you get to call all of the shots! You get to dictate when to stop or not stop, the pace, etc. Although at a Disney race...you're never REALLY solo since you're surrounded by people who love Disney and running just as much as you do! :)
I have T25. Should I be looking for something more weight based? I have been doing my runs when I get off at 130 and most of the group classes at the gym don't start til 5-6pm.
Okay...I know T25 is a Beachbody video but I guess I don't really know what kind of workout it is. Do you think it's helping your running? If you don't, then sure, by all means look at something more weight-based. But if you think it's working for you then I'd stick with it! Speaking for myself I think I am seeing some great benefits from the weight lifting program I have been following, and I'm pretty happy with it so far! But I had other reasons for doing (namely being sick of having back issues).
so glad you are doing one of these and that I found out , your trip reports were one of the things that originally got me to post and join in here, cant wait to see how things go for you
Thanks Nick! That's so nice of you to say. :) Glad you're here!

Goodbye Money: Handmade Minnie Mouse Ears, Part 2

Y'ALL. Seriously great mail day over here!

In my first post about my new infatuation with handmade Minnie Mouse ears, I mentioned that I had a few more shipments that I was waiting on. One of them was sitting on my doorstep today!

A couple of weeks ago, The Bow Mama (The_Bow_Mama on Instagram) was having a sale, and I snatched up 3 pairs of ears.

First up...Haunted Mansion ears! I actually have a pair of Haunted Mansion ears coming from BibbidiBobbidiBrooke as well, but those have the wallpaper pattern on them. I'll probably sell those whenever they arrive.
22411749618_60d1cfc606_z.jpg

Next...Starbucks Ears! This was the one pair I really, really wanted to get (I LOVE me some Starbucks). The little Hidden Mickey on the Starbucks cup kills me.
22207362954_ed08fb333d_z.jpg

And finally...Little Mermaid ears, complete with dinglehopper! Obviously I had to get these, because a.) Look at my username, and b.) They will be perfect for Princess Half Marathon Weekend!
22816571662_93b04d9461_z.jpg

Aren't they all so cute?! Now I just need to figure out how to carefully pack them whenever I DO take these to Disney. I may need a separate carry-on for ears...
22437935559_75771e9618_z.jpg

Continued in Next Post

Last edited:
Goodbye Money: The One That Got Away (Disney Dooney & Bourke)

Mail day part 2 - this one was my big triumph!

I have said that I have a Disney Dooney problem. I mentioned in a comment to @ZellyB upthread that being in a SparkleSkirts Facebook group (well, a couple of them) has without a doubt made me buy more skirts. This same thing has happened with Disney Dooney & Bourke bags - and more recently with Harvey's Disney Couture bags.

Without a doubt, my absolutely #1 favorite Disney bag that I own is the bag that I bought during Marathon Weekend in 2013. It's known in the Disney Dooney circles as the "Running Mickey" pattern. There were two sizes available, the bigger (and more expensive) satchel, and the smaller crossbody. I got the crossbody.
-2cV9ReB8joUmjHxNhPG5sczdNWvK6VKNtK_a-oN2O7AwfX3TREF7cJmDFKVRAQ2u7DkNOwaF4m1hyKODVvnIqcQkwILw5rYlZv1qqb4I9phOVABap_i88qqje8ihG4ESGfTKM8MQdl5lLbpNukZfK31qT0RuOsgzKRbXSdtqAH8Dtx5PHzGxlXSTEwrJ34JVpZTsdPnxfpjskOrImFteIJ0sMceoaGH996apbTPXWPJj7MsvExm5zplJkO5EHqVqGZv-bm4Xq8XD9jG9HzaA36kfBffV9vggUnF5yu6oa3Gwe6JLxUpDr26vRV486XZgY7eP55XjySp5bSFOxi08Vr8tJCWDEnRxNYW_txNWKX8a6hAxYAqllUSpW6RT_8_a2xxJBjnrO5i5HRn4HCzD-QovFjtCwBrBtbCZpd1-ulttblHvsHEes9EgjHmrJDivx48Eb5JHQQwPxvJEdx0IcLuE1cRQpy1B-brozcL2DVFyTnihMOLik8oFFxoC5iqk3PtfGBBLrEm005E33YULow7CTPNZd-CZ_BN3dP_IPg=w1272-h848-no

I've regretted not getting the bigger bag ever since (so yeah...almost 3 years now :sad:). At the time I didn't want to spend the extra money...the price difference was about $80. So I've been on the lookout for a gently used, reasonably priced version of the bigger bag. And yes, I realize that this is not an ACTUAL problem, and it's not like I was pining for it 24 hours a day...I'm not that unhinged! :)

Unfortunately, this pattern has become very popular since 2013 (with both runners and non-runners alike...so even people that have never run a Disney race, or even a race during this race weekend, want this bag. I'll keep my thoughts on that to myself...ahem. :eek:). And one thing I have learned from being in the Disney Dooney Facebook groups is that people will pay big bucks for some of the older, retired patterns (in fact, someone is selling this pattern in a tote style - which was for that year's Disneyland Half Marathon - on eBay for $1400! I don't think anyone will pay that much, but I wouldn't be surprised if it went for at least $700...). Anyway, the few times I have seen the bag that I wanted pop up for sale, it ended up selling for at least twice the original price Disney was asking for it in 2013. :faint: I mean...I wanted the bag, but not THAT badly. I put some feelers out on Facebook ("In Search Of" posts) and actually had someone message me about selling their bag to me, but again, the price was too high. Eventually I started to accept the fact that if I REALLY wanted this bag, I'd need to pay a little more than I wanted to, to get it.

So earlier this week I was at work when I got a message from someone else on Facebook - she knew I was looking for this bag, and one had just popped up on eBay! Again, a little higher than what I know the retail price was, but not insane - actually the lowest price I have seen asked for it recently. So without really thinking too much about it, I bought it! And was instantly insanely excited, so I know I made the right decision. :)

And how nice was it of that person to message me?! I mean...I'd never actually spoken to/met her before. But she helped me out! :goodvibes

And it arrived today! I may or may not have done a little celebratory dance...:eek:

The seller stuffed it in a way-too-small box, which freaked me out a bit (the fact that shipping was only $5 probably should have given me a hint that that would happen)...but it's okay! I mean, ridiculous considering what I paid for it, but there ya go. :sad:

I present to you...my Holy Grail bag!
22437933279_ff321f4ca3_z.jpg

Isn't it beautiful? It's not 100% perfect (the detachable shoulder strap wasn't included - which I knew ahead of time, and I'm guessing is part of the reason the price was a little lower. And the hangtag is splitting a little bit - which was NOT disclosed ahead of time, but I digress...) but other than that...LOVE!! :lovestruc
22841260691_56c83cbf4c_z.jpg

I'm going to carry it for a few days and decide if I really want a shoulder strap (I have 2 for other bags that are this same size, so I could use one of those, but they are black so that would look terrible...or I could order one from Dooney but $$$). Here's a shot of the back:
22804085656_eede67012f_z.jpg

So all in all, very happy with my purchase. Even with the inflated price - the smaller bag that I have has gotten a LOT of use over the past almost-3 years, and it is still in great shape...so I know this satchel is of similar quality. Dooney just make their newer bags as well anymore (examples: I recently bought one of the Disney Dooney & Bourke Disneyana bags, and the pattern started chipping off of the corners after 2 weeks of use. Unacceptable! And I just read a post from someone that their new Food & Wine bag was doing something similar. Come on, Dooney! :mad:).

Because the quality of Dooney bags has been questionable lately, and because I have gotten my Holy Grail bag, I'm most likely done buying from D&B (and will probably sell a few of the ones I do have). Now I have all the ones that I really need! :goodvibes

Both of them together...I will never post this picture on Facebook! They'd come after me with pitchforks! :eek: :rotfl2: (Seriously, though...maybe not pitchforks, but I'm sure I'd get more than a few PMs offering to take them off of my hands. And they will never, ever be for sale!)
22830084125_4534bbff5d_z.jpg

YAY!!! :teeth:

Continued in Next Post

Last edited:
First of all...awesome bag!

I may have to check out the maker of your custom bows. I wanted to make myself ears for my 5k race outfit but maybe there is something that would work in the world of custom creators. Hmmmmm

First of all...awesome bag!

I may have to check out the maker of your custom bows. I wanted to make myself ears for my 5k race outfit but maybe there is something that would work in the world of custom creators. Hmmmmm
Thank you!

Seriously, there are so many people doing these handmade ears. I'm sure you could find tons of options on Etsy or Instagram.

I know BBB and Bow Mama won't be selling for awhile (BBB is in Disney now and Bow Mama is having surgery)...just FYI. :)

I have a Disney Dooney problem

my wife suffers from the same affliction...perhaps I should start a husbands of Disney Dooney bag wifes support group. I will say this though if you do have a problem with your bag you may inquire to Dooney about it, she had the zipper get stuck on one of hers and they fixed it for free (she just paid to ship it to them) not sure if that would help in your situation but its a thought...

my wife suffers from the same affliction...perhaps I should start a husbands of Disney Dooney bag wifes support group. I will say this though if you do have a problem with your bag you may inquire to Dooney about it, she had the zipper get stuck on one of hers and they fixed it for free (she just paid to ship it to them) not sure if that would help in your situation but its a thought...
I think my husband would be all about joining such a group. :rotfl2: He is happy for me for having gotten my grail bag though! He's a keeper.

That's great that they fixed the zipper for your wife! I called them about a replacement strap and they said it's something I'd have to pay for. I've been using the bag and haven't missed the strap yet, but we'll see how it goes this week. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter