11/29/03 Eastern-only 2 days left !!! SINGLE DIGITS!!

HEllo all .....went back to work today after 5 weeks on the shelf from knee surgery....only 9 working days for me.....and then the MAGIC!!!! It seems like we were just in triple digits...so I booked a category 11....they upgraded me to an 8 and I had a one category upgrade which I used.....and there are 2 category 6 cabins left as of 8:00 tonight.....I think I will keep my 7 and be estaticly happy with it......looking forward to deck 10 on sailaway.....but first the shrimp.......
Tom

Hi, all!
I, my sweet DH, and our gentle, darling 4-yr-old DS will be with you all in 9 days!
I, and we, would love to join the celebratory cabal you've planned for our departure... I need to go back over this thread (all 47 or so pages!), to get the details, but we don't want to infringe on what seems very familial... do you encourage newcomers...? Keep in mind I have an almost-reluctant spouse in tow! And, BTW, How do you all know about the wine-tasting on Monday? All of my books mention the event, but not the day... maybe my late-night excursions on thew previous pages of this thread will enlighten...! Thanks for all your expertise, and I hope my less-enlightened interloping won't offend... this is our first cruise and our second (port orleans, dec. 2002) disney vacation, ever. I am so very convinced of the wonder of the magic...and I'm not talking simply about names of the ships! Anyone have any advice about how I can sell my reluctant hubby on the fabulous-ness of Disney, once and for all, on this cruise?... I was considering the Surial tratment at the spa... ! Hmmm...
Can't wait to see you all... BTW, we are also staying at the Radisson on friday...

Antidiva....welcome to the thread and welcome aboard the cruise....you got that right....the wonder of the magic......and you will not have to do much to convince your hubby....the way you are treated so special....the great meals.....service....shows.....rest and relaxation.....the holiday decorations....it all plays into it...he should love it....and please do join us...it is for everyone.....so come on everyone....welcome them aboard......Looking forward to meeting you....
Tom

antidiva....first of all, welcome.........secondly good luck on reading all 46 or 47 pages, (by the time you are done)..........thirdly...WHERE ARE YOU FROM?????? Forthly.............if you want to be accepted.....hmmmmmmm let me think?!?!?!? Since you are going to read all 600 and something posts, your job (since you haven't been around) is to count individual posts. Izzinmac counts people, gassmandy bumps us to the top.....well you get the hint.....Me, well I like the title of "the class clown". So I was going to go to the first post and see how many each of us did(post)...........How 'bout you??

Thanks, Tom! I do feel so welcome on this thread... everyone seems so helpful and enthusiastic! I can't wait to meet you alL!... we also booked a cat.11, and were upgratded (joyously!) to an 8!! Can we still get the rebate...? It would help tremendously... we're in the arts/academia... enough said...! You'll (we'll!) meet where on deck 10? Will you all be wearing red roses on your lapels and/or hair? Can't wait...!!!!!!

antidiva....................deck 10 starboard side.........me an ESPN mug in hand, and all others with "a big hand" in hand. You'll see as you read.........

OOppssss....forgot, TChrist05 will have that black clowd we are trying to remove over his head.........and maybe walking the plank........antidiva.read, read, read.:confused:

welcome antidiva! The time is drawing near! First thanksgiving turkey then Disney Magic!

I have a cat 11, I have a call into my TA. I hope she tells me we are getting some money back. That would be great!

Gina::MinnieMo

Y'all know why they've reduced the price on the cat. 11's, don't you????? Because they need to fill the ship.......bumping others up after booking newcomers in the reduced 11's.......I'm in a 10--and Shawn wants to stay there(probably so he can sleep in--i.e. no light) and could use some bumping up to a higher cat!!!!!!!! Yes--Ron--I'll take your room if you get a 5!!!LOL!
Welcome antidiva!!!!!! Have fun reading!!!!:wave:

NJ Cruisers- Thanks for the heads up on the rate reduction! We are getting $356 back, how great is that! All the more $$ to spend on the trip. Thanks Again!!

I called Dreams this morning to check to see if we were lucky enough to get a refund. NOT :( I thought it was worth a shot. You never know when Disney may toss a little magic our way.

I'm doing the Disney Happy Dance

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Susan

NJCRUISER, thank you so much for the heads up on the reduction. I called Costco Travel who then called DCL and YAHOO! Cabin 5639 gets over a $300 credit. They didn't know the exact amount since Costco has already received the commission, but she assured me the total would be over$300. Thanks again. May we buy you a drink?

Also, my DMIL would like to do the wine tasting with everyone. Does she need to sign up herself or is someone making all the reservations for the group? SEE YA REAL SOON, Nancy

You are so.... lucky. In regards to the wine tasting you will need to sign up at guest services. The cost is $12.00. It will be either Sunday or Monday. I'm guessng Monday since the Football games will be on. We have a nice size group attending.

I'm doing the Disney Happy Dance

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Susan

Thanks for the info Susan. I am sorry you didn't get a reduction. The other cabin in our group didn't get one either. But aren't we still happy we get to go CRUISIN'. YA!!!!! Nancy

Welcome Antidiva,

Glad you were able to find us. MOST of us appear to be normal. At least I know I am!!!

(sssshhh....were not real sure about Lampskies!!!)

Crazy Momma failed to mention that she didn't get a price reductions because she isn't in a Cat 11. (This is her husband) I made the mistake of letting her book us on a Cat 6 for the four day a few years ago and now she won't give up her Veranda. I guess we could hope for an upgrade, but certainly not a price reduction since I know someone on here mentioned Cat 6 is full or almost full. Its always nice to try though, and If someone wants to throw some pixie dust our way I'd certainly settle for an upgrade to Cat 3 instead. :)

Hey LostBoyinVA

Your loving and thoughtful wife deserves a cat 6 so, it's never mistake. You come home every night to a nice home cooked meal.
Instead to throwing pixie dust your way. How about throwing some cash Disneys way, I bet you could get a Cat. 3 and wouldn't have to worry about an upgrade.

Gee, I wish I had thought about a Cat 3 when I made our reservations. Maybe next year.......

Signed,

Your Loving Wife

Ron,
All your talk about beer and crawling worried me, so I did a BS(Beer Source) analysis....I have some good news for you!!!

A few facts -
the Magic is 964 feet long
About 800 feet of that is open to cruisers
Most activity occurs on deck Decks 10 & 11) or in the entertainment area (Decks 3 & 4)

Analysis-
On Decks 10 & 11, BS is available at Signals, Outlook, Pinocchios, and Plutos

On Decks 3 & 4, BS is available at Preludes, Studio Sea, Sessions, Diversions, RockinBarD, and Promenade Lounge.

Assuming most of our travel is fore and aft, I have disregarding any side to side travel, including chronic staggering. Based on this info, on decks 10 & 11, BS are an average of 200 feet apart. Therefore you should never have to crawl more than 100 feet for a refill!!!

Decks 3 & 4 are even better!!! BS are only an average of 133 feet apart. Crawling is limited to a max of 67 feet. Even I could do that!!!

One word of warning - Beware of the outside doors on Deck 4. If in your stupor you accidently crawl through one of those doors, you could find yourself lost on the Promonade! Out there you could do endless 1/4 mile crawls and never find BS!! Go back inside immediately!!! And whatever you do out there, DO NOT assume those nozzles you see hanging on the walls are BS....they are Fire Hoses!!!!

Hope this helps

Ok let's do a little quick Disney math. The DW works 60 miles away from home in Washington DC. The DH (me) works 10 miles from home. If the DW and the DH both leave work at 4:30PM. Who will be making the hot meals in this Disney household? :confused:

However, it has been 10 wonderful years (this is our 10 year annivesary cruise 1 week early:bride: :groom: ) and you are the mother of our wonderful DS. Yes you do deserve a Cat 6.:love2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter