11/29/03 Eastern-only 2 days left !!! SINGLE DIGITS!!

Its 9:18EST.Saturday and in less than 15 minutes three weeks from right now our 5 car caravan heads out to the port!!!

Sure glad I don't have the same problem as Shelly!

Let's see it's 9:20 cst............10:20 Eastern yep, about now in three weeks we'll be making sure we have our carryon bags with enought "stuff" to make it thru the day after we board the ship. Alli do you have your suit? Jessica how 'bout you? Kim, "you did make sure my ESPN mug is in the carryon, right?"

Hey Lampskies, my ESPN mug is staying safely at home. I don't want to take a chance on getting it swapped out for another mug like they tried on me last time. I'm sure you won't let that happen though or you may force them to stop the ship until they bring you your mug back.

As you know it WILL be permenately attatched to my hand (at least for the first three days). If they want to take it they are going to have to sever my hand off!!! Still no answer to the question........."Are they still doing the 20 oz. mug with ESPN being gone." I have 3 at home but it would be mice to get another for my collection.

Three weeks from right now and we will be enjoying our first day at sea......nice thought.

I do believe they still do the refillable mug, but I think they are phasing out the ESPN logo.

Pretty soon we will be doing the single digit dance!!!

I have always felt that a good part of the vacation is the anticipation and planning you go through before the actual good time vacation. Maybe that is why when our cruise was cancelled last November it had such a hard effect on myself and my wife. I I met a lot of you guys on the replacement Wonder cruise, and looking forward to meeting you again with our real cruise....but maybe I am in the minority but I just feel it is so nice looking forward to the thing....and maybe that is why I keep booking 2 at a time....so I always have something to look forward to....can you guys relate?
Tom

I ahve always said that the planning and the anticipation is one of the best parts of a vacation. I love planning! Might be why I love this board so much!!!

Less than three weeks now!!!:cool:

Yes, Tom. I agree - the planning and anticipation is as much fun (if not more) than the vacation itself. As soon as I get back from one, I start planning the next. I guess that's one reason why I love Disney vacations so much. A Disney trip - whether to WDW or a cruise requires so much more advanced planning (or so it seems), no matter how many times you've been there.

Can you believe it? We are less than 20 days! It can't get here soon enough! I hope the weather is going to be good! Yes, I am ALL ABOUT the planning and getting ready! It just makes me happy to do it to know I have somewhere to go! I am looking forward to being off work for 10 days! But most importantly, I am looking forward to my time on the ship with the parents and the hubby! Its almost time to start packing! YEAH!

Gina::MinnieMo

Have to agree--I think the planning and anticipation are a huge part. Someone once said to me that they didn't want to talk about it (the vacation) cause they felt it would make it get here faster, thus make it feel like it ended faster, if that makes any sense. And my response to that is--I feel like I'm extending the vacation by anticipating its arrival!!!! Thats why when I see posts about not wanting to get to PCanaveral too early so they don't have to wait in line--I disagree!!! We love being there right away to help build the excitement and anticipation!!! Not that I need any help in the excitement department!!!:Pinkbounc

I agree with you Amanda! I think planning makes it longer! I thin about it 24/7, therefore, it is almost like i am on vacation, even though right now I am at work!

Less than 3 weeks away and we already have one suitcase packed. Of course, this one is full of toys for all the grandkids. Talk about compulsive behavior - we have two major disorders......Disney cruises and spoiling grandkids......Between the two, I will soon be in the poorhouse!!!!!

We are converting the dining room into our pre cruise staging area....preparing for our 29November assault on Port Canaveral at 0900 hours!!! Our preassault briefing will be at 1800 hours on 28November in Gassmandy's tent!!!! Roll call will be taken! (Oops! Forgot....I retired from the Military 12 years ago - get a hold of yourself, Bob)

(Bob is my civilian name)

O.K., eldest DD (Jessica 13) "got it" today. Yep, I was my turn to car pool her and three friends to school..........so as I look down at at the "outside temp" on the dashboard and it said 26 degrees, Jessica was turning up the "butt warmers" on the cold leather seats, she looks at me and says, "what is the temperature in the carribean, and how many more days?" I said "it's supposed to be 87 (I've got the temp in St. Thomas defaulted on my desktop at work), and you only have 12 more days left of school before we fly out!"

Ron

Oh my goodness! 87 degrees! That is wonderful! It was about 30 here this morning too! I only like the cold weather christmas day and the rest of the time it can go away! Someday I want to move to Florida! That is wishful thinking though, I would have a hard time getting my husband to move away from his family! I can't believe I only have to work 13 more days! YEAH!

Hey Padre---Don't forget the flip charts so we can issue assignments to each part of the family as far as who goes where for reservations. Maybe we can work it out where THEY'RE the ones running around like mad-men while you and I enjoy the fruits of our labours (ie--buffet at Topsiders).:hyper:
p.s. It's a balmy 85 today!!! Shorts, tank top, sneakers, and a tan!!
p.s.s. My dd's suitcase is packed--just to make sure everything fits--I'll un-pack it the week before to wash all her new cruise clothes!!!!:Pinkbounc

........Just got back from the local Walmart......O.K., I baught two more underwater and 4 more indoor out door disposables for DD's. DW has 12 rolls for her 35mm camera (she a big scrapbooker) and just like last trip have 64k worth of digital pics. (That's 269 pics!) I picked up the shaving cream we ALWAYS forget and another shaving rasor. Those disposables are horrible!!! Now what other "little things" do we always forget???

Got out the suitcases this weekend. The snorkel gear is ready. A few items are in the toiletries bag. Are we there yet????:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter