11/24/2013 Thanksgiving at Castaway Cay 5 night Carribean on the Magic

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by EPCOTatNight, Jan 22, 2013.

1. disneydork3

disneydork3 Obsessed with Disney

I got ours about a month ago for $290 a ticket. They went really high but are now back to $290. Good luck, I hate playing the watch and wait game!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. disneydork3

4. love5pets

love5pets Mouseketeer

Hello, I am a newbie and this will be our first Disney Cruise. This is a 3 generation cruise with us (Grandma & Grandpa), 2 daughters & 2 son-in-laws and 4 grandkids (ages @ cruise) 7,5,3 & 1. My husband & I have cruised LOTS but never on Disney so we're excited to all be together...expensive way to get out of cooking on Turkey Day.;)

5. disneydork3

Welcome love5pets and family! Disney does everything TOP NOTCH and the ship will be practically brand new after the refurbishment. We can hardly wait!! It's going to be a fantastic way to spend Thanksgiving!!

6. sorceressk

sorceressk Mouseketeer

We are on this cruise! We are Kristina and Paul and will likely be joined by my sister and dad, Tiffany and Bryan. Is there a fe exchange? How many cabins are involved so far?

7. disneydork3

Welcome!! Surprisingly we aren't a big group yet. I'd love to participate in a FE exchange though.

8. Romeelane

Romeelane Earning My Ears

Hi this is our very first cruise and so excited to be sailing on the Disney Magic. Ricky, Elaine & Shawn and our friends Mike, Donna, Lance & Sarah Margret. We Are planning our gifts for the fe.

9. Holly4

Holly4 Earning My Ears

We had to push our date out to 2014, so we won't be on this sailing. Have a great Thanksgiving cruise everyone!

10. Nat Tucker

Nat Tucker Mouseketeer

Hey folks. Just canceled the Thanksgiving on the Fantasy for the reimagined and cheaper Magic! Hopefully we can afford the airfare to Miami. Lol

It'll be me, DH and two DSs ages 12 and 14.

11. Disneygurlz

Disneygurlz Love being a Disney mom!

:yay: someone knows what a FE is! This will be our first Disney Cruise. We are traveling with Rickey, Elaine and Shawn. Our family is my husband Mike, me (Donna), Lance (12) and Sarah Margaret (10).

One of our friends knew someone who had been on a Disney Cruise who had participated in what she called a "fish hook club". We looked it up and found Fish Extender and are pumped! :cool1:

We are so hoping we can get a group together, because it really seems like fun. Thoughts anyone?!?!

Anyone coming that has participated in an FE in the past?

12. JonandJulieNov13

JonandJulieNov13 Earning My Ears

Hi all, just wondering what sort of gifts are generally given for FE's. Do you give things you buy on the ship or do you take things onboard with you that you bring from elsewhere (like Australia in our case lol). This will be our 1st Disney cruise and we're really looking forwrd to all the Disney fun, such as FE's :)

Bring on November already! And now here is a pirate. pirate: Just because! lol

13. disneydork3

We did the FE on our last cruise. You bring gifts from home, some people spend lots of money, some very little. Do a search on here and see what others have done. We received stickers, scrapbook pages, bracelets, candy, photo pages, glow sticks and lots more. It was so fun to go back to the room and see what was left for us! We'd like to do it again for sure

14. disneydork3

22 weeks!!!

15. disneydork3

We decided to do another WDW trip instead, have a great cruise!!

16. junesgoofy

junesgoofy Mouseketeer

Just got off the Fantasy 7-night which was my seventh Disney cruise. We've been on the Magic for three cruises already (7, 7 & 15 nights) so we REALLY can't wait to see the changes. At first we were sad but the more we think of the changes the more exciting it gets.

Fish extender gifts are a lot of fun!! The only hard part is waiting & hoping everyone doesn't put all of them out by the first few days, LOL. We've learned to bring a sack of some sort with us to store all the FE gifts in while on the ship. It can be a little overwhelming to have a lot of little things sitting around the stateroom taking up all the counter space available. Even the bag I brought this last time was too small. TIP: Bring a pair of scissors to cut the string/ribbon some people use.

Looking forward to a cruise in the winter!!:cool1:

17. Phxcustoms

Phxcustoms Earning My Ears

Does anyone know where the list is for the FE or where to sign up for this cruise. Would like to know how many items to bring etc.

18. BlueMountainGirl

BlueMountainGirl Earning My Ears

We just booked a 4 generation (great grandmothers, grandmothers, daughters and cousins) cruise and have never been on one during the holidays...plenty of holidays at the Magic Kingdom but never on a cruise!! We can't wait. I haven't been able to find any lists for FE and have never done that, either but would love to. This is our first time on the Magic and we are psyched to be on it within the first few months of the re-imagining!!

19. BlueMountainGirl

BlueMountainGirl Earning My Ears

I haven't seen any signup yet but a few people, like myself, who are interested! I read one post where a woman said there were 60 on her ship and they had to hand make something so it wasn't too costly for 60 people!

I need enough time to plan it all :) Can you tell I'm excited?!?!?

20. kreedham

kreedham Mouseketeer

We'll be joining all of you.

DW-Angela
    DH-Reed
    DS-Allen (14)
    DS-Christopher (13)

And we're interested in joining the FE!

21. sorceressk

sorceressk Mouseketeer

Hmmm. U all must have a similar vaca schedule as we do! Just saw u on the June Alaska meet for 2014. :) welcome!!