11/22 UPDATEd LIST & CHECK 1st post , Our 5th year of sharing DVC Christmas Tree,

This is SUCH a dumb question :rolleyes1 , but........

will the tree be PRE-DECORATED, or do I need to plan to bring decorations? It just occured to me that I never had asked that before.

PLMK !!!

This is SUCH a dumb question :rolleyes1 , but........

will the tree be PRE-DECORATED, or do I need to plan to bring decorations? It just occured to me that I never had asked that before.

PLMK !!!

The tree will be decorated...the people who donate the tree pre-decorate it...

:santa:

The tree will be decorated...the people who donate the tree pre-decorate it...

:santa:

That's what I thought.....so now I just need to bring the "other" stuff for the room......garlands for the sliders, lights for the balcony and stuff to decorate the doors :santa:

Some people do add on to the decorations to the tree with something personal. Some do include gifts for all on the tree exchange.

We have a book that goes with the tree that we've asked people to sign and send best wishes to the other DVCers in.

And last year people did add some room decorations that were passed along with the BWV tree. I think that the experience is as unique as the tree is.

Bobbi:santa:

That's what I thought.....so now I just need to bring the "other" stuff for the room......garlands for the sliders, lights for the balcony and stuff to decorate the doors :santa:

Donna Lynn - as it looks right now you're in "my" group - just so you know I do already have some of the special add-on decorations for the room ready to go...as bobbi mentioned. I really want everything to be a pleasant surprise for everyone so I don't want to say too much - but just don't want you to go too crazy packing "other" things...:santa:

Some people do add on to the decorations to the tree with something personal. Some do include gifts for all on the tree exchange.

We have a book that goes with the tree that we've asked people to sign and send best wishes to the other DVCers in.

And last year people did add some room decorations that were passed along with the BWV tree. I think that the experience is as unique as the tree is.

Bobbi:santa:

Thanks, Bobbi - the book sounds like a fabulous idea!! Something else to consider doing as well.....:goodvibes

Fsued123 i put you on the waitlist incase some cancels with your dates, or if someone donates another tree for vwl. we have three trees at vwl and we are hoping for another tree, 4 trees are alot of trees at one resort, 5 trees maybe unlikely. members ressies are always changing because of waitlists for another resort and its still earlier. :hippie:

Thank you Laurabearz for donating 3 trees to share a little magic for our dvc members. Laurabearz has donated her 3 trees for 3 years now and she has brought 3 years of magic to our dvc families. thank you Laurabearz!:wizard:

This is such a great idea. I am interested in this but was wondering if the last person on the list sends it back to the owner?

This is such a great idea. I am interested in this but was wondering if the last person on the list sends it back to the owner?

This has been the case. There's been an envelope in the tree box for contributions toward the expense of sending the tree back. I also think that someone in the resorts can help. I've never had to send the tree back, I send it down, and the trees have always come back to me.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Woot! Is it that time AGAIN!!!!?????!!!!! YAYAY!!!!!!

We are not heading down, but as you can see we are happy to donate the 3 trees we have to the cause.

- sigh - Maybe Christmas 2008 we will get to go :-)

Hi!

This is my first post to the DIS board. I am fascinated by the Christmas Tree thread. I know you have probably explained but I was wondering if you could tell me how it works. We are new DVC members--our first trip Dec. 2007. We will be at AKV Dec. 21-27.

Is there a tree available for our time and what is the process? Thanks so much for your help!

We are in! We would love to participate! We will be at OKW Dec 16th-26th!

If a tree is available, we would love it. Flying in from Washington State, we were already trying to figure out what to do about a tree.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter