• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

11/17 cruise doc's have not arrived yet!

DisnyMik

Mouseketeer
Hi! I've been reading where 11/23 and 11/30 cruisers have rec'd their Documents already! We will be on the Nov. 17 cruise and haven't rec'd ours!! I'm sooo anxious! Our TA said she will call when they arrive so I am assuming since we didn't do it thru DCL that the is the reason?!?
:rolleyes:

No, booking through a TA has no effect at all on when your documents arrive. Although you still have plenty of time, you can have your TA call DCL and check on the status of your docs. :)

I have noticed that the cruise documents for the Disney Magic seem to arrive on a different schedule than those for the Disney Wonder. Perhaps that's due to the fact that there are twice as many sets of documentation for the Wonder.

I only mention this because if you count the sailing of the Disney Magic that leaves tomorrow as #1, the 11/23 sailing will be #6 (or 5 sailings from now). If you count the sailing of the Disney Wonder that will occur on Sunday as #1, the 11/17 cruise would be #9 (or 8 sailings from now).

It may be a lame explanation, but it makes perfect sense to me.

no nov 30th docs here yet either - i dont think it makes a diff if family cruises on all points either - but it's not fair - I WANT MY DOCS!!

I am on the 11/17 cruise and we received our docs about a week ago - We did not book through a TA - We booked online directly on the Disney Cruise web-site (didn't know about dreams unlimited at the time)

I would have your TA call -

Are you on the 4 night? That is what we are on -

I am sure you'll get docs soon

Karen

When I asked my TA at Amex Travel when to expect docs he said about two weeks in advance. He said they would be sent to him and he would then send them to me. From reading the board they seem to arrive within a wide window of time, but I haven't seen anyone NOT get theirs yet that has booked far enough in advance. (Still, I know I will have a hard time being patient when the time comes.)

I too, sail on 11/17. My TA said the docs would be mailed to her 3 weeks before sailing, then she would mail to me.

Call your TA and ask if they have a group sailing on November 17. You will find that the answer is yes. If you book directly with Disney or if you book through a TA that does not have a group sailing on your date, documents are mailed by Disney 60 days prior to the sailing, or upon final payment, whichever is later. Group documents are never released by Disney more than 30 days out. So, until there is a change in policy, those who book directly with Disney or with a TA that does not have a group sailing on their date will generally receive their documents long before those who book with a TA that has a group. That should put this question to bed!

Yes we are going with a group. The TA is a friend of ours and it was a group booking. So that must be the delay. We have several families (all friends) that are going! We are very excited.
Thanks for answering the question!:Pinkbounc

guys make sure you post back on this thread when you get your docs so the rest of us can stand at the door and greet the mail man.... or fed ex guy... .. can't wait less than a month now...

:confused: I'm still waiting for my docs as well for Nov 17. My travel agent told me she would call the minute she got them in her hands. She's probably getting annoyed by me calling and asking "ARE THEY HERE YET!!" She's been really good about it though, knowing how excited I am. I've already warned her that it only will take me 10 minutes from my house to her office to get them in MY hands LOL:p

We received our documents today directly from Disney for the Nov. 17 cruise.

Now its time to pack!!!!

I happened to call our group TA about something today and she mentioned that she had received the docs from DCL and would be sending them out to us tomorrow.

So close and yet so far! ;)

~Nancy~

We are handling the Dizneypins.com group on the November 17 Pin Cruise. We received our documents from Disney today, 27 days prior to sail date. That means they were released by Disney on Friday, exactly 30 days prior to the cruise. All documents will leave our office by Wednesday, at the latest. I am sure other TA's will do the same, so, no matter who you are booked with, you should all have your documents within the week.

We rec'd our Doc's yesterday (10-22-02,Tues.) after the TA called to let us know they were in!
We're so excited!!! Need to finish packing!!!:Pinkbounc :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter