11/17/12 It's a Magical TEXAS Thanksgiving with the Mouse!

:dance3: We made it to the single digits!! :dance3:

I'm taking Monday off to run last minute errands and pack what I can. Tuesday is my DDs 9th birthday. . .and we head to Galveston on Friday. So I expect on my end the 9 days are going to fly by! :woohoo:

I have booked several DCL cruises in the past but something has always come up and we wound up switching vacation plans or cruise lines. I can't wait to actually see a Disney cruise ship decorated for Christmas. :santa:

Adelynsmom said:
:scared: I have got to start packing. This is going to be here before we know it. On a good note, I have one big and one small Christmas tree up...2 more big ones and 3 small ones to go. My goal is to have my house Christmas ready prior to leaving so I have the entire month of Dec. to enjoy them. :santa:

We think alike! I threw away most of my outside Christmas decorations in January when we moved. I have spent the last few weeks making new ones. They are all laid out on my dining room table ready to go up the minute we get home from the cruise.

I'm going to start packing this weekend. My goal is to have everything packed except a few clothing items that I will wash later in the week and throw in the suitcases Thursday night.

We will be driving to Galveston Friday after I get off of work. It will be pretty late when we get there, but I thought it was better than getting up early and driving in the morning.

I have started watching the 10 day weather forecast for Galveston even though I know they really aren't too accurate. So far it is Sunny with a high around 70. I hope it stays and we have nice weather for the Sail Away party.

Exciting!!! 9 days!

omg - can't believe it's next saturday!! so much to do - don't panic :eek:

is anyone still waiting for their magical mail? we haven't received ours yet :eek:

and for casual night, BIL wants to know if he can wear jeans and tshirt?

and for FE - I vote random too (a little behind on the forum)

jules4172 said:
omg - can't believe it's next saturday!! so much to do - don't panic :eek:

is anyone still waiting for their magical mail? we haven't received ours yet :eek:

and for casual night, BIL wants to know if he can wear jeans and tshirt?

and for FE - I vote random too (a little behind on the forum)

Did you use a ta? You should have your mail before now.

just drop her an email. I hope she comes back with,"It's in the mail and you should be receiving it tomorrow or next day." Otherwise I'm gonna start to panic.

just drop her an email. I hope she comes back with,"It's in the mail and you should be receiving it tomorrow or next day." Otherwise I'm gonna start to panic.

Mine came via the TA. Hoping for the same response!

No, I can't believe how close we are to going! I'm so very excited.

I'm guessing from DCL's website jeans/tshirts are okay on casual night:

On 7-night cruises:

First night: cruise casual—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops

Three additional "cruise casual" nights—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops

One pirate or tropical night (deck party)

One formal and one semi-formal night—formal wear for men: tuxedo or suit; for women: gown or dress; semi-formal wear for men: suit/jacket; for women: dress or pantsuit.

dato63 said:
Mine came via the TA. Hoping for the same response!

No, I can't believe how close we are to going! I'm so very excited.

I'm guessing from DCL's website jeans/tshirts are okay on casual night:

On 7-night cruises:

First night: cruise casual—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops

Three additional "cruise casual" nights—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops

One pirate or tropical night (deck party)

One formal and one semi-formal night—formal wear for men: tuxedo or suit; for women: gown or dress; semi-formal wear for men: suit/jacket; for women: dress or pantsuit.

Cruise casual is a debated topic. For many it's slacks and a polo or button down at dinner but slowly people started wearing jeans and since its not banned and people got away with it, now it is viewed as acceptable.
Kinda drives me nuts.
My kids and DH will be dressed nicely unless we're eating on the pool deck.

did your mail came awhile back? have not heard back from her yet - maybe I shoud call Disney directly.

FYI. Cruise documents are a little spiral bound booklet. Not a huge packet.

Thanks. Just spoke with Disney and they said what's mail to cruisers are basically the same paperwork that we filled out online. If we don't receive it by this week, then print it and take it with us. The only thing we wouldn't have wil be the luggage tags but he said we can get that when we arrive at the terminal. No worries :) can start packing now :cool1:

Thanks. Just spoke with Disney and they said what's mail to cruisers are basically the same paperwork that we filled out online. If we don't receive it by this week, then print it and take it with us. The only thing we wouldn't have wil be the luggage tags but he said we can get that when we arrive at the terminal. No worries :) can start packing now :cool1:

Pretty much.
PACKING!!!!

I KNEW I'd forgotten something
:scared1:

lovedisneysincewas10 said:
I wonder/hope they will do something on Sunday since it will be Mickey's birthday!

Have way too much to do tomorrow!!

That's neat! He makes 84 look good.

only 3 more work days!!!!:cheer2:

Me too! I work Tuesday - Thursday this week only. I am beyond excited!!

I didn't know about Mickey's birthday. We call our DD Makayla - Mickie. Her birthday is 11/13th, she'll be tickled to know that the real Mickey's is just shortly after her's! It would be neat to see the Mouse celebrate his on the ship like we are. . .

:dancer:This is the I just finished the fe gifts and they are packed dance!!!! :dancer:
Now I just hope I receive our fish extender before we leave. I ordered it in Sept. We might have a Target bag hanging outside our stateroom. :crazy2:

My DD is at a birthday party....so I am off to pack!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!