100 pounds to WDW!!! (comments welcome!!)

I received my 2013 WDW planning dvd in the mail today!! I signed up for it awhile ago.

I am such a dork I literally got goosebumps when I opened it and read

"The Fantasy Awaits Lastname Family" :cloud9:

What is wrong with me?? :laughing:

I received my 2013 WDW planning dvd in the mail today!! I signed up for it awhile ago.

I am such a dork I literally got goosebumps when I opened it and read

"The Fantasy Awaits Lastname Family" :cloud9:

What is wrong with me?? :laughing:

We got ours in the mail the other day too!! And we had the same reaction. Did you watch it yet?

MinnieMomma-I have not watched my DVD yet. I want DH to watch it with me. He is less enthusiastic about watching it. :confused3

Meanwhile sorry I have been MIA. I've been good, I promise! Floor exercises and dog walking daily but its gotten bitterly cold again so they are short dog walks. I can't wait for it to warm up! I shouldnt use that as an excuse though. I should start doing more indoor exercises. Gotta get my butt in Disney gear! Not literally..though Mickey workout clothes would help. :rotfl:

In better news since I've already lost 15 lbs since December first I went ahead and bought myself a 50 dollar Disney gift card!!!! I got it at target and used my red card so I could get 5% off. YaY!!! 50 dollars closer to Disney!!!:yay::yay:

Now for picture time...these are photopass pics from my album. Its me meeting Mickey and Minnie for the first time ever!!!! I was so excited. I filmed a little boy's first meeting with Mickey and Minnie for his parents right before me and I gave them their cell phone back and they initially thought I was with that family and i was like 'oh no! I'm next!' Dh said he saw me and said it looked like I cry or something when they tried to wave me past. :sad:

But I got to meet them!!! :joker:

Page03_zpsb266b636.jpg

Page04_zpsb8a443f9.jpg

Page05_zps909c6ed2.jpg

And yes we talked to them...DH congratulated Mickey on his business venture doing so well... :rotfl2:

Okay time for bed! Have a wonderful day all!!!

MinnieMomma-I have not watched my DVD yet. I want DH to watch it with me. He is less enthusiastic about watching it. :confused3

Gotta get my butt in Disney gear! Not literally..though Mickey workout clothes would help. :rotfl:

50 dollars closer to Disney!!!:yay::yay:

And yes we talked to them...DH congratulated Mickey on his business venture doing so well... :rotfl2:

Can you even IMAGINE not wanting to watch the DVD?!?!!?!??!?! :scared1:

Mickey workout clothes would be FABULOUS!!!!! I wear my various t-shirts to do workouts. Not exactly the same,but, they sure are fun to wear! :hyper:

15 down and closer to WDW --- go Elizabeth!!!! :banana:

Mickey is doing quite well in the business world... :bitelip:

I weighed in today! Down to 203.8!!! Wooohoo! Finally some movement! I also took measurements (i measure myself once per month) and while I won't bore you with all the measurements my waist and bust is down a full inch and a half inch off nearly everything else I measure. YaY! So excited!

Also I've been realizing some non-scale victories. When i was at 220 (and above) it was starting to get hard to put my socks and shoes on. Not too difficult, but enough to be frustrated by it. But a week or so ago I was putting on socks and shoes and realized how easy it was.

Then last year when I was doing fertility treatments often times my wedding ring was so tight it would hurt and leave red marks. I honestly thought about getting them resized bigger because I feared if I got pregnant they might have to be cut off. However now they are so big they are moving around sometimes (but they fit most of the time).

Oh and DH is down 4 lbs!!!! So we are on our way!

We watched the Disney planning DVD yesterday and as awesome as it is I was a little disappointed. It wasn't very different from last year's. I was hoping for more Fantasyland and other new stuff. Oh well. It was still good and got me excited.

I'm not sure we will make our goal by the end of the year but I really hope we can go the first week in December. Even DH really liked all the holiday stuff on the DVD. Then today there was a free download on Amazon for Disney Christmas Magic: The Ultimate Insider's Guide to Spending the Holidays at Walt Disney World. So i downloaded that. I told DH and he said 'its going to be a long year.' :rotfl:

Oh and we were talking about future trips too. Like how we want to do holidays next but next time we want to do the spring garden event but hopefully go late enough to also hit the Star Wars Weekend. Then Halloween one year...:rotfl2:

I may ask this question on another board, but when do they usually post all the holiday event dates?

I may even join the December 2013 roll call just to follow along and be updated on all things December just in case. :hyper:

I weighed in today! Down to 203.8!!! Wooohoo! Finally some movement! I also took measurements (i measure myself once per month) and while I won't bore you with all the measurements my waist and bust is down a full inch and a half inch off nearly everything else I measure. YaY! So excited!

Oh and DH is down 4 lbs!!!! So we are on our way!

We watched the Disney planning DVD yesterday and as awesome as it is I was a little disappointed. It wasn't very different from last year's. I was hoping for more Fantasyland and other new stuff. Oh well. It was still good and got me excited.

WOO HOO and CONGRATS!!!!!! :cool1:

I thought the same thing about the DVD --- but it was still fun to watch!

Quick photo update of some images i just HAD to share with those on the DIS.

First today I bought some strawberries and the farm name is WISH farms and there is a little tinkerbell type fairy on the logo AND they are in Florida. Needless to say I HAD to buy them...immediately. :lmao: and share a picture with all of you...
WishStrawberries_zps4b0367b1.jpg

Then I was playing Guild Wars 2 tonight and decide to check out the trading post for a new staff for my elementalist and lo and behold what do i find...a staff with a 'hidden' Mickey!!!! I put it in quotes because I think its rather overt but I have an addiction. What do you all think??
loreleiMickey_zps050d5ff8.jpg

While I play I get to see it like this:
loreleimickey2_zpsc6594932.jpg

:rotfl:

Great day! I am doing great on calories and exercise and Disney on the brain obviously. :upsidedow

:wave2: Just wanted to say hi! I just started my own journal and I found yours while I was looking around. Congratulations to you and hubby for the weight loss so far! Woooot! I'll be following along. Best of luck on your journey.

Ps. Pizza and Disney are my addictions. Contradicting addictions, but... Hey, I'm working on it. Hehehe DH SOOOO doesn't get why I talk about Disney so much. HE is obviously the one with an issue! :rotfl:

:wave2: Just wanted to say hi! I just started my own journal and I found yours while I was looking around. Congratulations to you and hubby for the weight loss so far! Woooot! I'll be following along. Best of luck on your journey.

Ps. Pizza and Disney are my addictions. Contradicting addictions, but... Hey, I'm working on it. Hehehe DH SOOOO doesn't get why I talk about Disney so much. HE is obviously the one with an issue! :rotfl:
Welcome DisneyMagicMomma! Thanks for following along! I see that you have a trip planned in the future, when exactly are you going? (sorry its early) I am really hoping to have the weight lost by December so I can go then. :goodvibes

Pizza and Disney are good addictions in my book. There are so many worse things to be addicted to. ;) I don't get people who don't want to go to Disney. Makes no sense to me. :rotfl2: And I have pizza once a week. I just don't eat a whole one like I used to. ;) I will follow along on your journal too!

Meanwhile yesterday I weighed in at 202.8! Which was awesome but then today it is down to 201.4! I am not sure what to use for my starting March weight. lol Oh well as long as it keeps going down I am happy.

I will have to change my ticker tonight! :D

Gotta love the Hidden Mickeys we find in everyday life!!!! :mickeybar
Not sure a MMORPG is real life but yeah, i see hidden Mickeys all the time. :lmao: Not sure if that's a sign of a problem or not. :rolleyes1

I do love my new staff and plan to trait her so that is her main/only weapon.

Okay i need to get to my real world job now....

Meanwhile yesterday I weighed in at 202.8! Which was awesome but then today it is down to 201.4! I am not sure what to use for my starting March weight. lol Oh well as long as it keeps going down I am happy.

Woo to the Hoo!!!!!!!!! that is awesome. You are going to beat me to Onederland!

Right now I am attached to my couch with a doozy of a cold. Took off work today and yesterday. I know it's a good one since I have taken a sick day in over 5 years.......

Welcome DisneyMagicMomma! Thanks for following along! I see that you have a trip planned in the future, when exactly are you going? (sorry its early) I am really hoping to have the weight lost by December so I can go then. :goodvibes

Pizza and Disney are good addictions in my book. There are so many worse things to be addicted to. ;) I don't get people who don't want to go to Disney. Makes no sense to me. :rotfl2: And I have pizza once a week. I just don't eat a whole one like I used to. ;) I will follow along on your journal too!

Well, if I am good and I loose the weight and train, I hope to go for the runDisney Tower of Terror 10 miler. So, I think it will be in the beginning of October 2014. It seems we are also planning a trip for the first week in January 2014! Yay!! I am positive you'll reach your goal. And I'll be cheering you on. :cheer2:

I know all about eating a whole pizza! I could hork down a whole medium if I wasn't being mindful. Now I am limiting myself. I was so naughty this week and had pizza twice, but I stayed in my calories. I can't decide if the calories part is the most important or if limiting the pizza is... We shall see, I guess.

I would personally take the higher of the two weights as a March start point. That way, later weigh ins are that much better. :woohoo:

Woo to the Hoo!!!!!!!!! that is awesome. You are going to beat me to Onederland!

Right now I am attached to my couch with a doozy of a cold. Took off work today and yesterday. I know it's a good one since I have taken a sick day in over 5 years.......

I hope you are feeling better. No sick days in over 5 years?!!? Wow! I am a baby at the first sign of feeling sick I try to take a day off and sleep all day then I feel better. DH's meds are immunosuppressants so I can't afford to get sick. When I do he ends up in the hospital with pneumonia. :(

I will race you to Onderland! I am probably not weighing in this week bc AF is visiting. I try to stay off the scale then since it fluctuates so much during that time of the month.

Well, if I am good and I loose the weight and train, I hope to go for the runDisney Tower of Terror 10 miler. So, I think it will be in the beginning of October 2014. It seems we are also planning a trip for the first week in January 2014! Yay!! I am positive you'll reach your goal. And I'll be cheering you on. :cheer2:

I know all about eating a whole pizza! I could hork down a whole medium if I wasn't being mindful. Now I am limiting myself. I was so naughty this week and had pizza twice, but I stayed in my calories. I can't decide if the calories part is the most important or if limiting the pizza is... We shall see, I guess.

I would personally take the higher of the two weights as a March start point. That way, later weigh ins are that much better. :woohoo:
Wow! Tower of Terror 10 miler?! I don't know if I am so brave. I heard about the Dumbo Double Dare (in Disneyland) this year and at first I was like 'oooh exciting! maybe someday I can do it!' then i learned it was doing a half marathon and then a whole marathon in one weekend and decided no thank you! lol Even if I am at goal weight I have 0 desire to be a runner or a marathoner. Kudos to those who do it but no thank you. I will walk. :rotfl:

For a WISH update DH is down a few more lbs for a total of 7 or 8 lbs. He weighs himself daily and it keeps going up and down which frustrates him. He lost 100 lbs really fast on Atkins a few years ago so he is frustrated he isn't losing that fast again. He tried Atkins again and it 'wasn't working' for him this time around. It was but just slower, so if he is going to have slow weight loss he'd just rather do calorie counting. Still I think 7 or 8 lbs in one month is pretty good. Also he is getting the right idea about exercise. I had him download an app called mapmydogwalk so we could map our dog walk. Right now we just do a one block circle which is .42 miles. Not far but its the most DH can do, he hurts pretty bad by the end of it. When I go with him we do it in 10-12 minutes, when he walks her by himself it takes him more like 30 minutes. Anyway app tells distance and calories (based on time and distance). It is usually between 100 and 200 calories for him which isn't alot and I hoped it wouldn't discourage him, but it doesn't. It actually motivates him. Today he is hurting pretty badly since he will be taking his shot later this week. And I told him he didn't have to walk with us if he hurt and he said "no, that's 200 calories, I'm not going to miss out on that!" lol So he went with us. I know I really need to start walking farther but I feel bad continuing after I walk him home and its freezing out with 8" of snow on the ground so no thanks. lol Once it warms up I won't have an excuse, i will need to start taking longer walks.

Also speaking of DH, he is incredibly spoiled. We really shouldn't have stayed at AKL for our first trip. I showed him ASMu and he was like 'no, i am not staying there, it looks like motel 6' when he looked at the rooms. I pointed out that its not motel 6 and we are just sleeping there. We decided last time we were there and didn't get to enjoy AKL's resort because we just slept there that we didn't need to stay deluxe anymore (not that we can afford it we had an awesome deal for 180 a night when we stayed at AKL). So I decided to show him AOA and Pop thinking it would be much nicer comparatively. He liked their main areas and food court more but he still claims the rooms are too motel-ish. Well of course they are dear, its a value. Sigh.

So, if there is free dining offered I said we could stay at a mod since we'd want the TS dining plan anyway (because DH needs to eat at Le Ceiller and CRT...yes he wants to eat in the Cinderella castle when he learned we could last time and that I didn't make a reservation he was miffed. Also I could not get us a reservation at Le Ceiller last time because I didn't know I had to start so early and didn't make ADRs until a month or beforehand). I am thinking POR or POFQ because those are the ones I like and...DH wants a royal room. Ever since he saw the beds with the fireworks on the Disney planning DVD he has wanted to stay there. He wanted to stay there last time too. So I showed him a video of POR and he likes that so much better than the others (values). The values 'theming' is just not our style. POR is very reminiscent of what our style is and reminds me more of a midwestern river town than New Orleans...of course I've never been to New Orleans so who knows. While he thinks the regular POR room is 'fine' he still really wants to stay in a Royal Room. I told him for that price we may as well stay at AKL again. His response? "Ok!" :rotfl2: This is all hypothetical anyway since deals aren't even out yet. I looking at rack rates right now which are giving me a heart attack but I know there is generally 'always' a special, it just depends on what it is.

We also talked about our NEXT trip too. DH wants to go to Star Wars weekend and I want Epcot Garden Festival. We agreed 2014 would probably be a little too soon moneywise but 2015 should be ok. I am already thinking I may try to 'bank' a few 2014 vacation days to put towards our trip so maybe it can be longer than one week! So in the back of my mind I am also planning 2015...lol

DH asked me if this is something I want to do every year..go to Disney World. I said ideally yes but I don't know if we can always afford that, but I would like to go SOMEWHERE every year. I never went anywhere as a child for vacation and so far in our 5 years of marriage we have managed to go 'somewhere' almost every year. First we went on a honeymoon in the Smoky Mountains. We rented a cabin with a fabulous view and did touristy things. I only got him to go on one hike because he still hurt pretty bad back then but not as bad as he does now. Then on our one year anniversary we went to Detroit for a Star Trek thing... :laughing: then our 2 year anniversary we didn't do anything because DH hurt too much and he was flaring. His mom had to stay with us so I could go to work because he couldn't get up and down on his own, he was also out of a job at this time too. 3rd year pretty much the same thing and we were starting fertility treatments. Then last year we didn't go anywhere for our 4 year anniversary (except for an ultrasound where found out our IVF baby was ectopic) but it was a month or two after that I decided we HAD to go on a vacation and he let me pick anywhere in the world and I picked Disney World!!! :hyper: Then this year I picked Disney too. :lovestruc We both loved it and DH loves to see me so happy. He says I look like a gleeful little girl and that makes him happy too. :cloud9:

I asked DH where he wanted to go and he said Vegas but I think he was joking. I'm not sure what we'd do in Vegas we don't gamble. I wouldn't mind seeing a show or two I guess but other than that I really don't know. We talked about maybe going to a Star Trek convention there once. I guess I would do that. :rolleyes1 But I would by far rather go to WDW.

Oh and another thing...DH and I have our 5 year anniversary May 31st. We wanted to go somewhere special even if its just a weekend trip. We were thinking the Indy Zoo. It has elephants and we love animals. However I was thinking about it and I think we should just save our money towards WDW and celebrate our anniversary there. Of course that is 6 months after our anniversary, do you think we could tell them we are celebrating our anniversary even though its NOT our anniversary. It just seems dishonest or like I am lying but at the same time, especially if we don't go on our mini-trip WDW really is like our 5 year anniversary trip! Thoughts?

Wow that is a really long post. I hope you all don't mind that my WISH journal is also very PTR-ish. I will try to stay more on topic next time. :rotfl2:

First of all ---

CONGRATULATIONS TO HUBBY!!!!! :woohoo:

for such an awesome attitude and not giving up his 200 calorie exercise!!! That REALLY is a fantastic attitude!

And the race is on to Onederland --- you got it!! ;)

Personally, we :lovestruc POFQ! It is a smaller resort and so clean and the beds were super comfy. My DD1 and DD2 are staying in a Royal Room at Riverside for their April getaway. I will let you know what they think!

Keep on truckin'!!!! :)

First of all ---

CONGRATULATIONS TO HUBBY!!!!! :woohoo:

for such an awesome attitude and not giving up his 200 calorie exercise!!! That REALLY is a fantastic attitude!

And the race is on to Onederland --- you got it!! ;)

Personally, we :lovestruc POFQ! It is a smaller resort and so clean and the beds were super comfy. My DD1 and DD2 are staying in a Royal Room at Riverside for their April getaway. I will let you know what they think!

Keep on truckin'!!!! :)

Thanks for the congrats to my hubby! He wishes things were faster but he's doing an awesome job!

I would LOVE to stay at POFQ!!! It was actually where we almost stayed last time, but then just for 'fun' i ran the deluxe hotels with the specials and AKL was only $5 more expensive than a king bed at POFQ! How could we turn that down? :) POR seems to have more specials than POFQ but if POFQ cost the same as POR I would definitely stay there.

Today I was considering renting points so we could stay at a really nice hotel for the same or less cost than a moderate, BUT since we want to go in December and you have to reserve things way in advance I decided that probably wasn't the best for us this time around. Also you can't cancel if you rent someone's points so if I don't make my goal or DH gets sick we wouldnt be able to cancel so that's not good.

So despite what DH said I think we should definitely stay at a Value unless there is free dining and even then we should probably still stay value since it will ultimately be cheaper. We splurged last time and this time, even though its Christmastime, I think we need to do it as cheap as we can (so we can keep coming back!). DH suggested offsite even but with his ECV that's just impractical. We need Disney transportation for his ECV. We are planning on driving again so we will have a car but if we had the strength and ability to lift an ECV in and out of our car we would not need the ECV. :lmao:
Also with the cost of parking and gas it would probably be more expensive to stay offsite anyway.

Anyway, so we will be staying at Music, Pop or maybe AOA in December. Rack rates on the 3 rooms are pretty much the same and that is what we would pay with free dining. If its a % discount Music will probably be way less than the other two but I think the other two have their merits. For instance their own bus. With DH being on an ECV him getting on and off buses takes awhile. I always feel so bad for all the other people waiting, so imagine that as the middle stop (if we stay at music) for all those poor people. I kind of worry about that with POR too, I hear there are 4 bus stops there. With Pop or AoA they have dedicated buses. We honestly don't 'need' a fancy resort. We won't go swimming. We won't be lazing around the room. We will sleep, shower and occasionally eat there. That's it. And while mods and deluxes have much better food (even QS...the Mara was amazing!) at the end of a long day of walking around the park I'm good with whatever as long as its edible. Also I read on Mousesavers the 'resort fees' for Pop and AoA is only 12.5% and its 13% at the All Stars because they are in another county or something like that. So while .5% doesn't seem like much that is roughly 5-6 dollars less per night. I am all about the savings.

Okay enough rambling...how am I doing fitness wise? Good I guess. Still walking the dog daily and doing my morning exercises. I am up to a full minute on my plank everyday. Also I've been working on building up to real pushups. I have been doing wall pushups which seems lame but when you do several it does get hard (for me). I think they are finally getting easier so I think I may try some chair/stair ones next. My goal is to one day do a real pushup! My upper body has 0 strength but I'm working on it.

This weekend I am going to go visit my grandma. She is currently in a nursing home (temporarily I hope). She will be 94 this year. She lives with my aunt but she kept getting sick and she usually uses a walker to get around but now she can't so she's doing physical therapy to get back up to using the walker so she can go home. I haven't seen her in awhile and she only lives 3 hours away but that's far enough away to make it difficult to visit often. So we will drive down and back on Saturday. :flower3:

:scratchin I guess that's it for now. Thanks for reading! :wave2:

Keep up the good work. Every extra bit counts, and builds your endurance for the next addition! I see your weight loss percentage went up too! :dance3::banana::banana::banana: Awesome!

Don't worry about the bus thing. Everyone's there for the same reason... Disney MAGIC! Everyone deserves it, no matter their ability. And really, I think people are far less inconvenienced than we think. ;) Don't let it dictate where you stay. Plus if you stayed POR, you could request a room at the first bus stop, which means you'd be first on.

I say all that,in part, because I just fell in love with POR, through DISpictures and reviews. It's going to be our next stay! Fo' sho!

Fitness wise ---- keep on trucking! You're doing GREAT!

And have fun visiting Grandma. I am sure she will love seeing you! :D

Thanks all! Had a good visit with my grandma aunt and my cousin. Grandma seemed to be doing good but her prognosis is not very good. She is 94 and overall is still in good health but stuff is just 'wearing out'. Like she should have had heart surgery last week but they were afraid the surgery would be harder on her than the heart issues, so she is just taking some medicine that makes her heart beat 'softer'. I am sure there is more technical terms for all of this but that is what my aunt told me. My aunt is awesome she is retired herself and grandma lives with her when she's not at the nursing home and she goes everyday to have meals with grandma and tries to stay as long as she can. I was worried she would have a ton of visitors on Saturday but no one. I asked if she had a lot of visitors and she said 'not really'. :( That makes me sad. I hate that I live so far. I will definitely go back sooner than later. That drive really wipes me though. I drove the 3 hrs there and DH drove the 3 hrs back, but we were both very tired and cranky when we got home.

Oh and get this, DH wants to change his start weight. His weight at the beginning of February was 340 but he had gone to the doctor at the end of December but he didn't ask what his weight was. But that's when he was told he had to lose weight because of his joints so that is more of when we 'started' to lose weight. So when he went to the doctor last week he asked what his weight was last time. Since I am using my start weight from December first I thought it was only fair we change his start weight. His weight last time was 353 however he was fully dressed so we agreed to change his start weight to 350. He weighed in yesterday at 329!!! So that means he has suddenly lost 21 lbs and he needs $100 in gift cards and I am almost ready for another one too! This is not the slow accumulation I was hoping for. I wonder if I should just buy one earned $50 gift card a month as long as we have 'earned' them. They are just going to sit here anyway.

Then I weighed in today! I am down to 201.8! So close to ONEderland! :dance3:

For Disney related updates, I agree we shouldn't let DH's ECV hinder our trip or decide where we stay. I just want things to be as easy as possible. Of course being there the first week in December (ideally) will that be more or less busy than the middle of August?

With the values I like that POP that doesn't share buses but it has 2x the room as the all stars and many people say all stars don't always share buses. I am trying to focus on the values though and quit looking at mods and deluxes. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter